do you think andy thorn should stay as manager (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

Thorn needs a hug!

Regardless of whether he's been good or not I really feel for the guy. Just watched his post match interview on the football league show. He sounded like he was about to cry! I know not everybody wants him at the helm but he stepped up when we needed him and clearly cares about the club. It does really seem to be getting to him.

Grendel

If you want to give him a hug be my guest.

If Thorn was left having to field the under 15's (which is probably a realistic prospect) I'm sure kduffy would expect him to be able make it work.

Grendel

Well you d like to hope he would resign in those circumstances. Then again..

Beat me to it! Of course he wouldn't it would just elevate his cult hero status.

Grendel

100% yes. Given the financial constraints placed on him he is doing a marvelous job. Keep going AT. End of post.

Gray

I'll be glad the day we are relegated thorne gets sacked and sisu leaves as the same 4 posts won't appear on here every day

wingy

His contract does not run out ,it rolls week to week monthto month ,its always a year in front,rolling contract means theres always a year to go while he's at the helm ,it will take a years salary to get rid.

Gray

Apart from his tactical naivety and the fact that other manager susses out our tactics by half time he is doing just below average

ccfchandsy

i do understand what you mean gray he just wont change the diamond at all i dont think it working as well as he says,Yes we are playing good football We are getting loads of the ball but always getting caught so it obviously aint working that well is it

Paxman II

I empathise with Thorn in every aspect. It simply gets worse by the week. His 'tools' are taken away and he is expected to find a winning solution.
Be that as it may I do feel over the season he has also been fairly inept tactically, stuck with a system that has failed us to date and is stubborn enough to refuse to change. That can be levied against him. Just think a really experienced guy might have provided better tactical awareness and guile when needed.
With each passing game time for change will become too late...

Tankie

4_17_211.gif
Despite our grave league position, it would be rough justice for Andy Thorn to be fired, we are playing Football as good as any team in the championship, and more entertaining than any other time since we've been at the Ricoh, and all this on a zero budget, and open season declared on any player, that any other club Fancies.
some of us on here, must have short memories, Bothroyd was sacked because of his Direct, kick and chase, rubish, Chris Coleman was so
negative he dare not allow us to get beyond the halfway line, there were times when we didn't have a goal attempt during a game, and this at home. his style was so boring, watching it made me retch.
Andy Thorns, stats, and results, don't make pretty reading, there's no argument from me on that,but when the blokes players are sold from beneath him, without consultation, or by your leave, and no replacements coming in the opposite direction, surely its not difficult to understand our serious predicament.
AS for those who say, "If he had any Dignity He'd Walk"...Why Should he? the problem has been caused by chronic underfunding, sisu are to blame for that, not Andy Thorn,why should he give Sisu an easy option, I applaud him for standing his ground, he's done nothing wrong.
Silly mistakes on the field, are costing us games, Thorn is not culpable for these, some are being made by lads of little experience,who AT has had to play because the squad has been so seriously depleted, and it has to be said they have performed magnificently.
WE lost away at Derby on Saturday, again by the odd goal when a victory looked a possibility, another narrow defeat, whilst our leading goal scorer sat on the bench at Middlesborough. Take a step back fellas, and tell us, where should the blame really lie.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
And Jose Mourinho is naturally a translator not a manager. Silly argument.

But the calibre of managers that Morinho got his experience under is going to be slightly better than the ones Thorn spent time with dont you think? Plus, as a translator, I expect Morinho spent more time in a dressing room, listening to team talks, managers speak, tactics, etc, than Thorn did as a scout.

Grendel

Rolling Contract

His contract does not run out ,it rolls week to week monthto month ,its always a year in front,rolling contract means theres always a year to go while he's at the helm ,it will take a years salary to get rid.[/QUOTE

I have seen this assumption a few times and the answer is very unlikely.

Usually when a rolling contract is put in place only ONE of the parties have to agree to terminate at the end of the period.

Think about it, Thorn may have been a roaring success and got Coventry into the Play-Off's and promoted (ha ha). Then HE would want to exercise the right of termination and get a better job. It is in existence for both parties so either can terminate at the end if they wish. Contracts do exist where both parties have to agree but these are rare.

What no-one knows is the termination clauses. I suspect this is 12 months and could even be 12 plus period of contract. So if Thorn is sacked with 6 months to go he will get 12 (or even 18) months compensation.

With a day to go it is still 12 months.

This is why I suspect he is still here and why at the end of contract he is gone and we owe him nothing.

shmmeee

But the calibre of managers that Morinho got his experience under is going to be slightly better than the ones Thorn spent time with dont you think? Plus, as a translator, I expect Morinho spent more time in a dressing room, listening to team talks, managers speak, tactics, etc, than Thorn did as a scout.

And I could argue that the time Thorn spent as a player meant he's been in more dressing room talks than Mourinho has. That wasn't the point though, the point was the guy's previous job is irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread