Do You Need To Go The Gym ? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I'd love to go boxing training / martial arts but my cardio is absolutely shot and knees aren't far behind. :( Would probably give way skipping.

Sick Boy

I'd love to go boxing training / martial arts but my cardio is absolutely shot and knees aren't far behind. :( Would probably give way skipping.

Give boxing a go mate! You'd be surprised at the variety of both men and women doing it for fitness.

olderskyblue

It's that thing of working into a boxing gym on my own, have images of being knocked out by a 10 year old! :)

Then start with a 9 year old....

edited to say disregard this, both yours and my post read very wrong...

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I can recommend the boot camp sessions ran by Go commando they run classes at Coundon park and cardinal Newman school
Brilliant work outs and you meet some really nice people
Ive had to give up due to work commitments
but I started running again on the 4th of January done a few 5 mile runs but am doing 6 now and will add more miles and change routes so not to get bored
Also came out of 5aside retirement last week
Lost almost 4 stone over the last 3 years but put half a stone on over the last 5 months

Terry Gibson's perm

I have a personal trainer and try to use the gym three times a week as well but work is getting in the way at the moment, it helps at my gym that we have some stunners that go there helps me run faster and hold my stomach in:whistle:

Nick

Administrator
On the note of the gym, what's the deal with scrawny dickheads who swagger round like they are arnie in a vest??

Also, why do knobs wear woolly hats and t shirts in the gym?

covmark

On the note of the gym, what's the deal with scrawny dickheads who swagger round like they are arnie in a vest??

Also, why do knobs wear woolly hats and t shirts in the gym?
Haha, I see them Muppets. Why the fuck would you wear a woolly hat in the gym. If I wore one I'd die of heat exhaustion.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RedSalmon

Used various gyms over the years but got pissed off by all of them mainly due to the people who use them. Groups of lads who would take over a bench or a piece of equipment and not want to share it used to wind me up. Then there was always the New Year rush when the place would be mobbed and nothing would be available.
Realised I was paying a monthly membership, going three times a week straight from work, and not doing the exercises I wanted because the weights/equipment was always being used by someone else.
In the end I decided to get my own equipment off e bay and set it up in the garage with a TV and it works perfectly for me. Just spent two hours in there doing weights, using a concept 2 rower and cycling on a turbo trainer while watching Wheeler Dealers. If you are prepared to pick the equipment up second hand there are some real bargains to be had.

Nick

Administrator
Haha, I see them Muppets. Why the fuck would you wear a woolly hat in the gym. If I wore one I'd die of heat exhaustion.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Because they don't break into a sweat, they lift the lightest weights and take selfies.

The worst ones are the ones who keep lifting up their t shirts to look if they have a 6 pack. Most of the pricks could do with a proper meal inside them.

Nick

Administrator
Used various gyms over the years but got pissed off by all of them mainly due to the people who use them. Groups of lads who would take over a bench or a piece of equipment and not want to share it used to wind me up. Then there was always the New Year rush when the place would be mobbed and nothing would be available.
Realised I was paying a monthly membership, going three times a week straight from work, and not doing the exercises I wanted because the weights/equipment was always being used by someone else.
In the end I decided to get my own equipment off e bay and set it up in the garage with a TV and it works perfectly for me. Just spent two hours in there doing weights, using a concept 2 rower and cycling on a turbo trainer while watching Wheeler Dealers. If you are prepared to pick the equipment up second hand there are some real bargains to be had.

I wish I had a garage, would probably do the same.

Nick

Administrator
Hate to say it, but it was the wifes idea. Never thought I would be motivated enough to do it at home but its been working well for a couple of years now.

Mine told me not to buy a Smith Machine because I would never use it, it's sat in the garden :( Too small.

Would love a nice cabin at the bottom of the garden with a TV, some weights, running machine...Wifi....Fridge....

bringbackrattles

Yes I love it and can't imagine life without it now! I've been doing it since my teens but a nasty wrist injury playing football stopped me having any chance of doing something more with it. These days I do it for fitnesa and for the sheer enjoyment of it.

I just turned 31 and so am a similar age to your son. It's amazing how it can have such an impact on your life in terms of confidence and self-discipline and fitness, of course.

Your son certainly isn't too old and I know people in their late 50s who still box for the fitness side of it.

The first few sessions will wipe him out completely but you just have to keep going; the high he will experience will make sure of that I'm sure!!
Good news as my son is well up for it and I contacted Gil and we're sorting out some sessions at his home at first as he's got his own gym there. I'll let you know how it goes ! cheers.

J

Jack Griffin

Why do people wear those huge head phones???

I'm not sure what you'd define as a 'huge headphone' but I can say that if I try to wear in-ear headphones I very quickly get excruciating pain in my ears, (nothing to do with volume, they could as well be silent) so I don't do that, I only use over-ear headphones.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure what you'd define as a 'huge headphone' but I can say that if I try to wear in-ear headphones I very quickly get excruciating pain in my ears, (nothing to do with volume, they could as well be silent) so I don't do that, I only use over-ear headphones.
Like huge Craig David ones!

ajsccfc

I could never get in-ear ones that would stay in place before, so I can see why people would go for sturdy ones that clamp to your head.

Nick

Administrator
I could never get in-ear ones that would stay in place before, so I can see why people would go for sturdy ones that clamp to your head.

I get that with overear ones, but I mean full on huge things like this:

1322355439-behringer-hpx2000-headphones-highdefinition-dj-headphones-2.jpg

ajsccfc

That's all you can really get now isn't it? They used to be smaller with the little metal band, but they'd fall apart quickly.

I don't like the look of them personally, but it was the same with the small ones too.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm up to 8miles now, aiming for 10 miles by Easter.
Some lovely parts of Coventry, especially round Corley and bridle brook lane

Users who are viewing this thread