Do You Believe that Some of the Wilson Money Will Be Reinvested in the Team? (1 Viewer)

Samo

...and if so, what does this tell us about SISU's attitude to the club/team/future? If anything.

Limey

Yes, they have to keep up the pretence that sisus/otiums current motives are driven to be able to put a competitive team on the pitch. I expect a lot of undisclosed fees.....read into that what you will.

W

westcountry_skyblue

If they do they had better get a move on.
only four weeks on saturday until kickoff.
I will guess at a few loanee strikers.
I really fear for us this season if we continue at Northampton.
Quite embarressing that they cannot behave like adults and get together.

skybluetony176

Some, maybe but who knows what percentage. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's not until the January transfer window when they can gamble on spending the smallest amount possible to get us out the shit.

If we're doing well I wouldn't be surprised if a penny doesn't get spent at all.
I guess that's a yes and no then :)

sky blue john

Yes but only to the extent of paying players wages. Day to day overheads. The fees will save Arvo putting any more money for a while.

Spionkop

Not a chance. Sisu are duping the fans at every level.

Sky Blue John says this....."Yes but only to the extent of paying players wages. Day to day overheads. The fees will save Arvo putting any more money for a while."

He's right.

RFC

Frequently read 'Threads' but most just aren't worth the time and energy of a response but this 'Thread' takes the biscuit!

kg82

Frequently read 'Threads' but most just aren't worth the time and energy of a response but this 'Thread' takes the biscuit!

How? Seems to be a genuine question. Obviously nobody can know for sure right now so it's just personal opinions of which most seem to be a fair assessment currently.

stupot07

Yes, some of the fee will be used for new players in the form of wages, signing on fees and agents fees, and probably already has on Johnson and o'brien

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

Yes, some of the fee will be used for new players in the form of wages, signing on fees and agents fees, and probably already has on Johnson and o'brien

Spot on. Without player sales we would have been in a very bad place. The income from Northampton hardly covers anything. So player sales will have to cover the poor income whilst we are in Northampton or we will end up with a relegation squad.

ccfc92

They are, with player sales!

I always took SISU covering losses as we wouldn't need to sell players to stay in the same position we are.

Surely the money coming in lately (Arsenal, LC, CW, Christie) should push us towards building the club?

RFC

[

Only if supporters turn-up to support the manager and our team HELP!

QUOTE=ccfc92;734856]I always took SISU covering losses as we wouldn't need to sell players to stay in the same position we are.

Surely the money coming in lately (Arsenal, LC, CW, Christie) should push us towards building the club?[/QUOTE]

kg82

[

QUOTE=ccfc92;734856]I always took SISU covering losses as we wouldn't need to sell players to stay in the same position we are.

Surely the money coming in lately (Arsenal, LC, CW, Christie) should push us towards building the club?
[/QUOTE]

Did you really expect supporters to just up and follow unpopular owners who decided to play 35 miles away? Yes, there are lots of reasons why we're not playing at the Ricoh BUT, in the end, it was their decision to move us. Maybe the single worst thing to ever happen to this club. The one thing I want to do is support the team (bought my Bradford ticket today) but not in Northampton.

wingy

[

[/QUOTE]

Building the Club would be Retaining players such as Wilson ,not moving to a ground no one wants and dropping £3M of revenues you tool.

Sky Blue Pete

I don't think they will spend a transfer fee, they may fund wages from it. Gonna struggle more than last year in sixfields

Samo

I don't think they will spend a transfer fee, they may fund wages from it. Gonna struggle more than last year in sixfields

We might find out in the next few days.

shmmeee

I think we'll spend it on strikers but less than £1m of it.

How good those strikers are will largely determine how well our season goes.

J

Jack Griffin

[

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it should, but inevitably with owners like we have it won't. One day, in as few years time, you will realise how consistently wrong and ill judged you have been.

skybluepm2

I doubt any will be used for transfer fee's. Most of which will be for the 'running of the club' and 'funding the losses' for the inexcusable move to Shitfields. There isn't an ounce of decency in either Fishface nor Seppalla's bodies so for them to do something for the good of the club would be a miracle. It certainly hasn't happened thus far.

A more worrying issue is that our 1st friendly is this Saturday and we don't have a single striker at the fucking club! What happened to 'end of June' ' ducks in a row' 'we'll move quickly' bullshit? It's a farce. After that quick flurry of midfielders nothing has happened. Spend some money for crying out loud..Fishers plan of reaching the championship and beyond is cringeworthy. The guy seriously needs to be sectioned

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Of course some of it will be invested in the squad.

I think people need to read the statements from Waggott and Fisher carefully. The monies are being put in to the football business. Like many businesses the football business has many facets that require paying they include players wages, staff wages, utilities, overheads and loan interest. A football business is not just about ticket income it also includes the buying and selling of players.

What the incomes from the sale of Wilson & Christie do is to provide a budget within SMCP that the club works to. The Arsenal and Clarke money was in the previous years budget. Had there been no sale of Wilson in particular then I suspect the player budget would have been less than £1m (unless SISU put more money in by way of gift or shares). Had he not been sold then we would have been relying on the academy next season. As it is if you look at the 15 or so first team players we have listed most fall within SMCP so it could be argued the Wilson sale was always going to happen in order to provide a budget, avoid an embargo and to not be an academy team out of its depth in L1

As for "invested" it depends what your definition of investment is. I suspect the average football fan sees that as buying players in. What the Wilson sale does really is pay the wages and bills which allows the club to breakeven whilst at Sixfields - is that really "investing" in the team? To have a business at all there has to be players capable of playing in L1 - guess we wait see if we have that.

To my mind the Wilson money etc basically helps pay the bills - which includes players wages. So yes it will be "invested" in the team at least in part but I don't think it is an investment in building more an investment in survival

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Question

If the sale of Wilson was crucial to having any sort of budget and helps SISU sit tight at Sixfields for the next 12 months with the business breaking even ...... when exactly was the decision taken to sell him? :thinking about:

J

Jack Griffin

Correct OSB, the SISU plan is league survival, while hanging on in Northampton and toying with the FL & fans.

Do not expect anything else. The mind games continue.

Users who are viewing this thread