do you all really think its just SISU to blame (1 Viewer)

wozey

firstly i don't like sisu! but im getting angry about the way the council seem to be getting away with destroying the club as much as sisu are. The council told sisu at the start they could get part of the RA, and have since gone back on this and refused to even talk to them about it. its my understanding that sisu had the part or full ownership of the RA as a big part of there business plan and without that it couldn't make money. like it or not sisu are a company that take failing businesses and make them work and sell them on for profit. if a company like this cant make ccfc work then i think we should all worry. the only way ccfc can survive is if the council let the club have a chance to make money regardless if that's sisu or whoever takes over. The council have caused all of this and if sisu sell everything off its possible they don't have any other choice

as i say i don't like SISU and want them out but shouldn't we look at how we ended up in this situation in the first place and stop it happening again?

BurbageSkyBlues

Wozey, your final para says enough, really.

In my opinion, the dislike of Sisu is because of their lack of heart for the football club- their focus is centred elsewhere.

Nonleagueherewecome

"If a company like this can't make CCFC work.."

Sorry, I massively disagree with you right there for a start; SISU are doing what hedge funds like them do with most failing business they get on the cheap (or for free). They are reducing all costs to a bare minimum regardless of customer satisfaction in the hope that they can then sell on for a profit, as they have seemingly turned us from being a money-losing company into one that breaks even. BUT this does NOT work in football, as those cuts have a direct effect on performance on the pitch, leading to relegation, which then loses you more in revenue lost than was saved by making those initial cuts! You also become less attractive to buyers.

So, in short, YES, it is all SISU's fault. They should never have bought a football club; their business model doesn't work in football. End of.

CovInEssex

SISU tried to get promotion first or second season, realised it's harder then it looks, and regretted taking over ever since.

EleanorRigby

I think initially the council were okay on sisu gaining part ownership of the Arena. They are obvious party to things we're not and i think there was a change of direction by sisu for whatever reasons and the council backed off. Was it credit crunch, were sisu found out to be unreliable who knows and we probably never will.

Interestingly sisu bought into Malmo F.C. of Sweden about the same time their interest here seemed to wane.

Last edited:

wozey

in reply to post no 3
so the council have no part to play in the failing of the club then? i think your wrong and i know a little more about it then you do by the looks of it. yes i know how they work and i know that what your saying is true to some extent but whats going on now is a plan thats been forced on them but was not the plan at the start

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Can I just be the first to accuse you of being a SISU plant? Thanks. :welcome:

EleanorRigby

Maybe and now sisu are dealing with a Labour led council could have been Tory when they came in so things change. On the evidence we have seen though would you want sisu anywhere near to owning any part of the Arena ?

Nonleagueherewecome

Well people claiming to be on the inside track with zero proof tend to enjoy stirring things on here lately. Have fun, I'll try not to read your patronising posts.

wozey

im only saying that a club that don't own its ground needs the support of its fans or it dont work simple as that so if we can fill it every week then keep the council in but we cant even half fill the place so how will ANYONE make any money?

wozey

Well people claiming to be on the inside track with zero proof tend to enjoy stirring things on here lately. Have fun, I'll try not to read your patronising posts.

im not on the inside i just know how things work, im not just some dumb shit that swallows everything im told

Tonylinc

Nobody makes money out of football. Peaople who get involved with a football club do it for other reasons ie. cudos, love of the particular club etc.

skybluegod

wozey the reason for all this the council did not have a bid for the stadium when sisu first came in and the council was willing to deal with them but since there takeover we have sunk they have lead us down they attendence's are low because the owners are poor, the council have noticed this and said no F*** off sisu not getting your hands on this stadium and good on them.

wozey

So you decided on January the 2nd to join skybluetalk and try to sort of defend sisu, okay i'll buy that

ok whatever! i really dont care what you think i joined today as im sick to death of people blaming others for the demise of the club. the teams not good enough the owners are not good enough and the fans are just as bad the clubs in a state and its time people shut up and went to watch the team like i do every week and give whoever owns it the money to spend. with the numbers that go up no one would touch city, protest all you like slag people off all you like im a real fan not some sisu rat

wingy

So come on Wozey whats the cure for this massive malaise ,i agree we're very poor as a city when it comes to actually supporting the cities football team.

skybluesimi

now now play nicely !! Wozey makes a fair and real point i personally can vouch for the man , he feels the pain as much as we all do , but we listen to all sides , well put Wozey and just another thought on this and remember the enemy is out there not on here

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think the majority of fans are happy the council have seen SISU for what they are and are refusing to deal with them.

ccfcdan

Wozey.....Your either not very good at having an educated debate or your a wum. I'm favouring the latter!

cov_russell

Facebook User
SISU tried and failed and seem like they no longer want to try. The next logical step is for them to sell the club to the first genuine bidder.

Simple.

wozey

So come on Wozey whats the cure for this massive malaise ,i agree we're very poor as a city when it comes to actually supporting the cities football team.

well this is what im saying if the council give up and let whoever owns the club have part if not all the RA then revenue from other events could be put into the team and then more people would want to go up as we would have a better team. we don't have someone who is willing to put millions into the club so we need ways of getting the money its the only way

SkyBlue_Bear83

well this is what im saying if the council give up and let whoever owns the club have part if not all the RA then revenue from other events could be put into the team and then more people would want to go up as we would have a better team. we don't have someone who is willing to put millions into the club so we need ways of getting the money its the only way
No thanks, don't want SISU owning the Ricoh, it will just make them stick around longer.

wozey

No thanks, don't want SISU owning the Ricoh, it will just make them stick around longer.

ok, say sisu go like i want them to would they sell the RA then? no i dont think they would and then this same situation would repeat its self with the new owners the club is not supported enough to keep anyone pumping money in to keep it going so the RA must be owned by the club

cloughie

I think you will find that sisu never approached the council about the purchase of the stadium, they only said they would at some time buy into it.

They then even claimed to be having a meeting with the council that prooved to be a lie.
They claimed that they were "moving towards a big annoucement by xmas" regarding the ownership of the stadium

Oh we could go on about more lies from sisu regarding this issue but you really should know your facts before blaming the council over one recent statement

GaryPendrysEyes

Absolutely unbelievable people are blaming the Council. The Council were pressured by the club and a section of fans to put very significant Coventry taxpayer money (including non football fans) into the Ricoh.. on reflection hardly money well spent given attendances and where the club are in the league. The least they can now do is to make sure they get a fair return and the Ricoh is placed into safe hands for the people of Coventry.
What we dont want is another section of fans putting more pressure on the Council to waste more money or to hand the Ricoh to a 10th rate hedge fund.

wozey

i must be talking French or something i don't care what statements have been made by anybody in the press or at the club i have a business degree and know how things work i feel that i made a mistake thinking that people on this forum had enough about them to be open minded and discuss the situation. when it keeps on going down the pan at ccfc don't worry im not going to say i told you so

Disorganised1

I don't blame SISU I blame BR.

cov_russell

Facebook User
i feel that i made a mistake thinking that people on this forum had enough about them to be open minded and discuss the situation. when it keeps on going down the pan at ccfc don't worry im not going to say i told you so

A true gent :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread