Do wasps need CCFC? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Premiership Rugby: Minority shareholding sold to CVC Capital Partners for £200m

Doubt they need our 100k per year when they're in line for a windfall from this...
Good try but we pay way more than 100K a year and they haven't decided what the payout to the clubs will be for the sale of the shareholding and the talk at the moment is that clubs will only receive it on condition of spending on infrastructure projects. To prevent people like Wasps owner taking all the money they are owed back out and then walking away.

Magwitch

Dont know if they particularly NEED us but listening to Eastwood this morning he is definately of the opinion we can thrive with each other. A 50/50 basis I thought he said attractive to any would be buyer.

Captain Dart

Dont know if they particularly NEED us but listening to Eastwood this morning he is definately of the opinion we can thrive with each other. A 50/50 basis I thought he said attractive to any would be buyer.
Joy will take this as a sign of weakness and ratchet up the pressure.

I think she does not want a share she wants it all.

skyblue025

Is it costing Wasps in legal fees more than we are paying them? If it is why would they want us to stay?

If the legals get dropped and we stay it's double bubble for them.

Paxman II

Would you let go the potential of a football club that it's presence would ensure better sponsorship, a way to keep the community happy and as with all football clubs the prospect of increasing the revenue you get as the footfall increases?
CCFC is capable of filling the stadium with 20k/30k on a regular basis if there is a modicum of sucess on the pitch (in particular promotion and cup runs) That is why WASP are talking about a sharing responsability. On their own it remains precarious in truth.
Just imagine if we are promoted through the playoffs again and then ahceive it again finding ourselves 'rich' in premier league TV land money? What would a fair rent be? 1m? What would the footfall be at home games 30k? Exposure and sponsorship would be X10 fold what it is now. Thebenefit to WASP is huge potentially.
The only way to get rid of these horrific owners of CCFC is to play to a tune that enables them to sell up at a given point. What exactly have WASP got to lose? If CCFC fail to pay rent kick em out!
You really can't demand CCFC stop their legal right to persue legal action over the sale of the Ricoh. To suggest you won't talk until it ceases is ludicruos. SISU are not doing anyone any favours and they are a thorn in everyone's side, but they are not the football club persae. Owners come and go. Have a new contract that has a few new stipulations, in particular an end game for SISU. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

Last edited:

CanadianCCFC

They may not think they need us (and may be correct), but this would be a bad time from their POV to lose us. We seem to be on the rise and not far from promotion

ccfcricoh

I don't know a lot about the Wasps (and don't care to either) but after a quick Google, they've been around since 1867 in some form, so if they've made it that long without us, i suggest they don't need us now

pastythegreat

Is it costing Wasps in legal fees more than we are paying them? If it is why would they want us to stay?

Well, as w**ps aren't being sued I can't see how/why it would be costing them anything in legal fees.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Joy will take this as a sign of weakness and ratchet up the pressure.

I think she does not want a share she wants it all.
And that's a bad thing?

People keep talking about the court cases as a bad thing. Without the court cases we (CCFC) will NEVER own the Ricoh arena nor make any revenue from it and in turn, never make enough money to ever be competitive at a level higher than we are now. With or without SISU.
As it stands, were not attractive to buyers as just a club with no assets/stadium. So, like it or not, were stuck with SISU. We acquire the stadium (or a share in it at least) we become more desirable to any would be investors/buyers.
Unless some Arab billionaire comes in for us (and their not exactly quaint up are they?!?!) and splashes the cash, our only chance of being competitive, is to make money from the Ricoh.
Ok, so SISU fuck off and sell up, for a couple of games we'd have 25k in the stadium, but after watching L1 football for a week or 2 it would soon dwindle back to the average 10k, will new owners do any better without funds? I doubt it. They might get a slightly better rent deal, but I doubt it would ever be enough.

theferret

Premiership Rugby: Minority shareholding sold to CVC Capital Partners for £200m

Doubt they need our 100k per year when they're in line for a windfall from this...

Do people actually believe the club is only worth £100K a year to Wasps? There are financial contributions way beyond that.

That aside though, the simple fact is that more people will have attended the Ricoh to watch CCFC this season than Wasps. This is owing to the fact that the football club play a lot more fixtures and that the gap between the average attendances has narrowed notably this season. This will have a significant bearing on arrangements with the car park and catering operators (the value of which is huge), and that's before we get on to the value of naming rights.

Can Wasps survive without all that? Maybe, I've no idea, but to state the club is worth £100K a year is just facile.

Last edited:

SBAndy

It doesn't even cover their debt and will be offset by a 20% annual drop in income, it isn't the big payday you think it's basically an advance on future earnings

Just had a look to see what CVC bring to the table. It seems under their ownership F1 was being run into the ground until Liberty Media bought them out and turned it around. Probably not the type you’d want to have a stake in your league.

Nick

Administrator
Do people actually believe the club is only worth £100K a year to Wasps? There are financial contributions way beyond that.

That aside though, the simple fact is that more people will have attended the Ricoh to watch CCFC this season than Wasps. This is owing to the fact that the football club play a lot more fixtures and that the gap between the average attendances has narrowed notably this season. This will have a significant bearing on arrangements with the car park and catering operators (the value of which is huge), and that's before we get on to the value of naming rights.

Can Wasps survive without all that? Maybe, I've no idea, but to state the club is worth £100K a year is just facile.

The 100k a year figure is played on for a reason though. It's obvious that it's a bigger picture.

The same as when people bang on about the heating costing more than 100k a year so it makes them a loss, not realising all of that is covered in the match costs anyway.

Colin Steins Smile

The 100k a year figure is played on for a reason though. It's obvious that it's a bigger picture.

The same as when people bang on about the heating costing more than 100k a year so it makes them a loss, not realising all of that is covered in the match costs anyway.
A long term deal for CCFC to remain at the Ricoh could be worth a lot more than the match day rental fee, etc. For example: The naming rights for the stadium is bound to be worth significantly more!

Liquid Gold

This cvc injection is a red herring too. It doesn’t cover a 3rd of their debt and will reduce future league income by 20%. Richardson is estimated to have anything up to 50% of his personal fortune tied up in them now so will soon be unable to fund them any more.

SBAndy

This cvc injection is a red herring too. It doesn’t cover a 3rd of their debt and will reduce future league income by 20%. Richardson is estimated to have anything up to 50% of his personal fortune tied up in them now so will soon be unable to fund them any more.

27% is the actual amount. Over a quarter of future earnings now spoken for. CVC seem to want to be getting a 20% annual ROI as well.

Nick

Administrator
27% is the actual amount. Over a quarter of future earnings now spoken for. CVC seem to want to be getting a 20% annual ROI as well.

Yeah people seem to think it is just somebody handing them millions for no reason.

Warwickhunt

WASPs can not afford not to have the goodwill of the Coventry public as I believe kicking out Coventry City Football Club will effect their footfall(unless they increase the free tickets). They only give them out to up the F&B and parking anyway

Warwickhunt

Every city supporter should source any free tickets and bin them

Terry Gibson's perm

If we stop or go Sisu aren’t going to give up so they may as well take the money and put it towards there legal fees.

Liquid Gold

I wasn't aware it was that much, do you have anything to back that up? If true it's a huge loss of earnings on a gamble that they can make the sport more popular that it has ever been.

Jcap

To be honest I don't know the exact figure but for some reason had 100k in my head - happy to be corrected. What I definitely agree with is that we are worth more to them than that in terms of overall value we bring, footfall etc and more importantly, goodwill. Also I'd assume that if they need to re-evaluate their club/assets at any time in the future, then the worth would be more with a high profile tenant like us. So do they need us, probably not, but do we make their business more valuable, absolutely.

Captain Dart

And that's a bad thing?

People keep talking about the court cases as a bad thing. Without the court cases we (CCFC) will NEVER own the Ricoh arena nor make any revenue from it and in turn, never make enough money to ever be competitive at a level higher than we are now. With or without SISU.
As it stands, were not attractive to buyers as just a club with no assets/stadium. So, like it or not, were stuck with SISU. We acquire the stadium (or a share in it at least) we become more desirable to any would be investors/buyers.
Unless some Arab billionaire comes in for us (and their not exactly quaint up are they?!?!) and splashes the cash, our only chance of being competitive, is to make money from the Ricoh.
Ok, so SISU fuck off and sell up, for a couple of games we'd have 25k in the stadium, but after watching L1 football for a week or 2 it would soon dwindle back to the average 10k, will new owners do any better without funds? I doubt it. They might get a slightly better rent deal, but I doubt it would ever be enough.

If you think this is being done for the good of the football club and not for the benefit of SISU you are an idiot. It it not good for football to be infected with unscrupulous owners and it is cerantainly bad for the club to be in a state of uncertainty for what is now looking to maybe stretch out to a decade.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Wasps are hanging onto the final European spot in the Gallagher Premiership.

The need for CCFC to remain at the Ricoh must only be getting bigger, as Wasps are going to be in such a perilous financial position.

Liquid Gold

Wasps are hanging onto the final European spot in the Gallagher Premiership.

The need for CCFC to remain at the Ricoh must only be getting bigger, as Wasps are going to be in such a perilous financial position.
Only top 6/7 go into the challenge cup. London Wasps are 8th with one game left.

ccfchoi87

Only top 6/7 go into the challenge cup. London Wasps are 8th with one game left.

I think there are some technicalities regarding Saracens beating Leinster that would result in 7th getting into the European Cup. Wasps would need to win to beat Harlequins last game of the season as well.

RoboCCFC90

I thought it was top 8 for some reason, even worse for Wasps in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread