Do they really care ? (1 Viewer)

jagman

Do our players really care if they win or lose ? After another rubbish performance we are still in the relegation zone.
Lets face if we had won against a team who are, their own fans admit, the worst in the league we would have been:-
1 Out of the bottom three
2 Three points ahead of Forest (who have a game in hand)
3. Three points ahead of Portsmouth (who have a game in hand)
4. Four points ahead of Doncaster (who have two games in hand )
After a great result against Leeds, and Barnsley this Saturday, they should have been champing at the bit to get at Forest but what did we get ? another lacklustre performance.
In a week-end where every result went our way and even Porstmouth had ten points deducted we still could not take the chance offered to move up the table.
Like i said do the players really care ?

Nonleagueherewecome

A game too far-they gave it all they had against Leeds and their was nothing in the tank. Other sides have squads. We usualy have a fit XI at any one time, and never the option of rotation.

WillieStanley

I have seen a lot less passion in a City shirt in my time. I don't think we can question some players committment. For the Leeds match, they were true battlers.

Nonleagueherewecome

I've seen less passion from most CCFC sides in the past 10 years than the present one. It's the ability that's the problem, not the heart. They just aren't very good footballers.

coop

I've seen less passion from most CCFC sides in the past 10 years than the present one. It's the ability that's the problem, not the heart. They just aren't very good footballers.

I agree with the comment about they are not very good footballers, makes you wonder what they've been doing at the academeys they all went to.The basics how carnt they complete a five yard pass and carnt cross a fecking football.

StevieM

We have always been the same when it comes to high pressure matches-we can never win a game that is billed as a "must win".
I remember ages ago when we had to get a result at Villa Park to stay up and we were completely shite and if it wasn't for Notts County losing that day we would have gone down instead of them (Cyrille scored against us that day).
You don't have to go back that far either-remember the "crossbar" game when we had to get a result under Coleman (was it at Charlton?) and Leicester went down but had the ball bounce off the bar in the last minute that would have seen them stay up and us relegated (and I suppose all City fans have similar tales of the close shaves with relegation over the years as there have been so many).
All of these stem back to the fact that when the chips are down we just don't turn up-regardless of who is in charge of the club or who is the manager or even who has the sky blue shirt on, there is something endemically rotten that runs through our club that the actual "giving a fucking shit" about the consequence of results stops with the supporters.

rob9872

Don't panic. A win against Barnsley on Saturday and the play-off dream is still alive

ajsccfc

Lets face if we had won against a team who are, their own fans admit, the worst in the league we would have been:-

I wouldn't give that too much credibility really, angrier the fan the greater the exaggeration.

Look at threads throughout here, for instance - depending on who you read and when, we veer between a capable team bemusingly lower than we should be, to the biggest disgrace seen in sky blue in 500 years of watching games at the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Some of our squad are more than capable - Keogh, Nimley, Sheffers upfront amongst a couple of others. Problem is the manager to me.

skyblue19

What they don't know is how passionate the fans are, if they cared about that maybe they would put in a better performance.

Nonleagueherewecome

lol awwwwwwwww the poor players

pathetic.

Not saying they deserve a comfort cuddle for it, just saying that's what I think the cause is. Thanks for the invaluable incisive analysis as ever, though! I really have missed being at playschool.

canleykid

lol awwwwwwwww the poor players

pathetic.
Makes you laff doesn't it,the players are tired they should try working fifty to sixty hours a week I travel from Derby to watch every home and away game then I work in solihull to get money to waste on them,there not tired they don't care cos if they did care they would be fit and not out on the piss till all hours,there not to tired to go out all night are they

covcity4life

Makes you laff doesn't it,the players are tired they should try working fifty to sixty hours a week I travel from Derby to watch every home and away game then I work in solihull to get money to waste on them,there not tired they don't care cos if they did care they would be fit and not out on the piss till all hours,there not to tired to go out all night are they

too many apologists on here

fact is we could finish with 0 pts and NLHWC would never criticise the players,im not sure if hes for real or a WUM

Covstu

I think the players care but they just are not good enough, i do think the manager cares but just isnt capable enough, i DONT think SISU care as they are doing nothing about it!

Nonleagueherewecome

too many apologists on here

fact is we could finish with 0 pts and NLHWC would never criticise the players,im not sure if hes for real or a WUM

Just because you don't agree with me, you can't accuse me of being a WUM. I know a lot of people who share my views about Thorn and the present squad, including the season ticket holders I sit with. If it helps, I think you're crazy too, but I don't think you're a WUM. Aside from the calling me a WUM bit...

Oh and never criticise the players? How about the bit in this thread where I say we're bottom because they aren't good enough?

Last edited:

covcity4life

lol i admit i wummed a bit there;)

i dont think your a wum really,jsut think you cut the current staff wayy to much slack

if you criticised them 1% of what you do sisu i would have no problem

Nonleagueherewecome

Sorry, I can't help it, I've always been one of those fans who wants the players to do well so much that I mostly see the positives of their play and not their negatives. Not always though-I slagged off Joe Murphy last week, and after he'd played well!

I wouldn't say that explains my attitude to Thorn: I genuinely think he's a good manager who has been dealt a terrible hand.

skybluehugh

We have always been the same when it comes to high pressure matches-we can never win a game that is billed as a "must win".
I remember ages ago when we had to get a result at Villa Park to stay up and we were completely shite and if it wasn't for Notts County losing that day we would have gone down instead of them (Cyrille scored against us that day).
You don't have to go back that far either-remember the "crossbar" game when we had to get a result under Coleman (was it at Charlton?) and Leicester went down but had the ball bounce off the bar in the last minute that would have seen them stay up and us relegated (and I suppose all City fans have similar tales of the close shaves with relegation over the years as there have been so many).
All of these stem back to the fact that when the chips are down we just don't turn up-regardless of who is in charge of the club or who is the manager or even who has the sky blue shirt on, there is something endemically rotten that runs through our club that the actual "giving a fucking shit" about the consequence of results stops with the supporters.

Perhaps we need to start calling them "Must Lose " games, then the players will have less to worry their young heads with:D

Users who are viewing this thread