Do something man (1 Viewer)

speedie87

How on earth can the manager go through 90mins in must win match and lose it without changing tactics throwing a centre half or front the keeper or anything, pathetic.

Walking Bird

How on earth can the manager go through 90mins in must win match and lose it without changing tactics throwing a centre half or front the keeper or anything, pathetic.

I was saying the same thing just to make a statement to SISU about putting Dunn on up front
!:blue:

dongonzalos

Yeah all those options he should have turned to.

So annoying why did he not bring on Juke or King. Or throw Turner in front of the keeper.

Why did he stick with the injured Platt. Why did he not send a centre half up front and ut all those other centre halves back to cover.

Please dont blame the manager for the shit SISU have created.

Please judge Thorn when you have seen him manage under normal football manager circumstances.

i.e. look at your bench and be able to choose players from it. Also not have injured players on the pitch

The CableGuy

The bench tonight:

• 13 Dunn
  • 37 Willis
  • 08 Baker
  • 32 Thomas
  • 34 Bigirimana
He brought on the most senior player from that lot. Asking a bit much expecting the likes of Bigi or Thomas to save us from the shit. The senior players should be the ones leading the fight, setting an example and they simply haven't done that often enough.

Christ, Eastwood couldn't even be arsed to get fit......not for us anyway, I see he's banging in the goals for Southend.

Paxman II

There is a valid point to this. His tactics were off tonight, his ability to change was off and in consequence the players were off. We were poor. Stats that Thorn used about shots and chances mean nothing when you can't convert one and can't defend. We didn't 'get at um' with Dunkirk spirit did we? talk about motivation skills. That's been a large problem all season.

Yes Thorn has ready made excuses in depth of squad etc but lets be honest for a moment. With the tools he had we should have done better and survived a poor league and all we neded was the same effort of that recent run of good form against Pertboro' and anything but that atrocious display at bristol and we would have survived.

Tonight we defended badly, failed to mark, poor movement at the back, and frankly Thorn showed tonight his lack of experience and how important that is. We should have thrown everything we had left in the tank second half and instead we just capitulated in a whimper. Thorn had no answers yet there were answer on the bench to change it and just go for it.

Really surprised at the players too who seemed to lack that urgency I'm sure pompey have showed and bristol have shown when backs are against the wall.

We deserve to go down.

Blame? Just about everyone over the last dozen years.

The caveat to that is regardless of all the blame game towards SISU and others we should have survived this and would have if we had a more experienced guy at the helm who didn't spend half a season learning his trade. It was doable folks and yet the last few games we played bloody awful, even when given winning opportunities. Tonight a penalty and we missed it.

Thorn's 'we go again', 'hold heads high', 'go get 2 wins now and see where we are' are all denial of the highest order. No wonder we looked uninspired tonight...after all there's another 2 games to go you know!

This whole sorry affair really saddens me but there's a new opportunity now and I for one hope the club can grab it with both hands.

Last edited:
There is a valid point to this. His tactics were off tonight, his ability to change was off and in consequence the players were off. We were poor. Stats that Thorn used about shots and chances mean nothing when you can't convert one and can't defend. We didn't 'get at um' with Dunkirk spirit did we? talk about motivation skills. That's been a large problem all season.

Yes Thorn has ready made excuses in depth of squad etc but lets be honest for a moment. With the tools he had we should have done better and survived a poor league and all we neded was the same effort of that recent run of good form against Pertboro' and anything but that atrocious display at bristol and we would have survived.

Tonight we defended badly, failed to mark, poor movement at the back, and frankly Thorn showed tonight his lack of experience and how important that is. We should have thrown everything we had left in the tank second half and instead we just capitulated in a whimper. Thorn had no answers yet there were answer on the bench to change it and just go for it.

Really surprised at the players too who seemed to lack that urgency I'm sure pompey have showed and bristol have shown when backs are against the wall.

We deserve to go down.

The caveat to that is regardless of all the blame game towards SISU and others we should have survived this and would have if we had a more experienced guy at the helm who didn't spend half a season learning his trade. It was doable folks and yet the last few games we played bloody awful, even when given winning opportunities. Tonight a penalty and we missed it.

Thorn's 'we go again', 'hold heads high', 'go get 2 wins now and see where we are' are all denial of the highest order. No wonder we looked uninspired tonight...after all there's another 2 games to go you know!

This whole sorry affair really saddens me but theirs a new opportunity now and I for one hope the club can grab it with both hands.

We may as well close the thread now!

Paxman II

Well unless we all want to continue with all the usual disagreement and levels of blame going round in circles as usual then yes that's a summary and it ends there. Nothing more to be said. of course there will be opinions of all sorts but I won't be getting too involved in those arguments unless I think they are just plain stupid.

I prefer to move on and look ahead when something is already decided.

Well unless we all want to continue with all the usual disagreement and levels of blame going round in circles as usual then yes that's a summary and it ends there. Nothing more to be said. of course there will be opinions of all sorts but I won't be getting too involved in those arguments unless I think they are just plain stupid.

I prefer to move on and look ahead when something is already decided.

And thats exactly why we should close it. We are all pissed off tonight.

dongonzalos

We deserve to go down.

This whole sorry affair really saddens me but there's a new opportunity now and I for one hope the club can grab it with both hands.

I just find most of the above baffling however, I am pissed off it is late and I will save answering it bit by bit for another day.

There are a multitude of reasons why we are going down. However some have more of a powerful influence than others.

I think blaming AT because he is not Brian Clough or Martin Oneil whilst ignoring the fact that you actually need a manager of that calabor just to keep Cov up. To me it is a bit like someone making a decision to put a charity box in a prison, then blaming a prison guard when someone nicks it. Think you need to look a little bit higher up the chain rather than at the prison guard who was given an impossible job.

Paxman II

dongazalos if that's too baffling for you then I can't help you. I did not say anything about Thorn needing to be Brian Clough? You must read carefully all the lines in a post before making summary judgement.

dongonzalos

dongazalos if that's too baffling for you then I can't help you. I did not say anything about Thorn needing to be Brian Clough? You must read carefully all the lines in a post before making summary judgement.

I understand what you are saying paxman. What Baffles me is that anyone can actually have your opinion. But hey that is what forums are for makes it interesting.

You wanted a motivational character to get the team to win. IMO to get a team playing with 3-4 injured senior pros and a bench of kids to play better than they did tonight then you need motivational managers of that standard.

You do to the Coventry squad what SISU did then that is the type of manager that may have kept them up.

Grendel

I just find most of the above baffling however, I am pissed off it is late and I will save answering it bit by bit for another day.

There are a multitude of reasons why we are going down. However some have more of a powerful influence than others.

I think blaming AT because he is not Brian Clough or Martin Oneil whilst ignoring the fact that you actually need a manager of that calabor just to keep Cov up. To me it is a bit like someone making a decision to put a charity box in a prison, then blaming a prison guard when someone nicks it. Think you need to look a little bit higher up the chain rather than at the prison guard who was given an impossible job.

As we are likely to finish 3 or 4 points off safety we clearly do not need a manager of that calibre. Just a manager.

covcity4life

Yeah all those options he should have turned to.

So annoying why did he not bring on Juke or King. Or throw Turner in front of the keeper.

Why did he stick with the injured Platt. Why did he not send a centre half up front and ut all those other centre halves back to cover.

Please dont blame the manager for the shit SISU have created.

Please judge Thorn when you have seen him manage under normal football manager circumstances.

i.e. look at your bench and be able to choose players from it. Also not have injured players on the pitch

hahaha this guy,what a wum

sisu have stiched the club and thorn up no doubt,but the fact you still think thorn cant do better is crazy

Users who are viewing this thread