Do Sisu not care about the players or the fans? (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesDorothy

Sisu seem to be spending all their time trying to buy 50% of the Ricoh Arena and sell any remaining players.

They cannot produce their accounts; so they cannot sign any new players, yet they make it clear they will sell Keough and anyone they can get some money for.

Do they think the players will show loyalty and stay or we fans will buy season tickets come what may?

It is no way to run a business, is it?

Sisu could not run a bath!

Thinking about it what other business could they run?

kingharvest

They run a lot of other successful businesses. But have ran this one very badly so far - probably because they tried to run it like their other businesses, without realising it was completely different to a normal business.

They need to buy 50% of the ricoh for a number of reasons, one is because they need an asset. Without an asset they have nothing to attract investors or buyers. Secondly, they need to increase revenue for FFP. We can only spend 65% of revenue on playing staff, not much revenue = youth team. I don't begrudge them buying half the ground anymore, so long as they commit to reinvesting in the team, and i can't imagine the council would agree to a deal unless there were some clauses which stated as much. Just my opinion mind.

WillieStanley

Plus they have employed people like KD and LB to run the club - all with great "skill sets" but awful when applied to a football club

SkyBlueScottie

What I find really scary is that its taken them 3 years to realise that you cant run it simply like a well run business, thats mainly due to the fact the majority of other clubs are run in a reckless fashion.

Paxman II

Think we all have to wait and see what the outcome instead of the constant barrage of abuse towards SISU I'm crossing my fingers a deal can be done that will result in my football club continuing and maybe, just maybe have a part of the Ricoh to build upon going forwards.
It could be that these building blocks will be remembered as the time SISU did good for us long after they have gone!

ccfcway

Think we all have to wait and see what the outcome instead of the constant barrage of abuse towards SISU I'm crossing my fingers a deal can be done that will result in my football club continuing and maybe, just maybe have a part of the Ricoh to build upon going forwards.
It could be that these building blocks will be remembered as the time SISU did good for us long after they have gone!

I have waited to see what happens,

I waited when they would sell Turner
I waited when they would sell Juke
I waited when Thorn had a transfer budget
I waited when they would push for the prem
I waited when Charlton wouldnt happen again
I waited when The Turner money would go to fund new signings
I waited for the franchasie player
I waited for King to sign verbally accepted contract
I waited as Ken Deluded turned the club around
I waited as Ray Ranson "woukld leave the club in a better state than he found it"
I waited as The Juke money would be reinvested in the team
I waited as we went after ALF
I waited when told by the ticket office to "buy a season ticket and if you arent happy with the summer signings you can have your money back"
I waited Philips to come
I waited when Oyne said "sorry, they have learned their lesson and things will change
I waited to hear what happened at the "fans forum" in London that no one could talk about
I waited for loans in Jan that would ensure we stayed in the championship
I waited for my ENTIRE lifetime to have any league success at all (a top 6 finish in ANY league)
I waited as Fisher said the fightback budget would be good
I waited for them to announce that we have a reduced budget for next season
I waied for them to come out of yet another transfer embargo

I am waiting no more

SISU OUT !!!!

dick turpin

It was all for the good of the club,dont you know :facepalm:
all that SISU have done and more saved the club from DOOM and GLOOM,dont you know :D

oh and an answer to the question ehhhhhhh is the pope a Jew :thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

No, but he does shit in the woods, and the bear is a Catholic.

italiahorse

I have waited to see what happens,

I waited when they would sell Turner
I waited when they would sell Juke
I waited when Thorn had a transfer budget
I waited when they would push for the prem
I waited when Charlton wouldnt happen again
I waited when The Turner money would go to fund new signings
I waited for the franchasie player
I waited for King to sign verbally accepted contract
I waited as Ken Deluded turned the club around
I waited as Ray Ranson "woukld leave the club in a better state than he found it"
I waited as The Juke money would be reinvested in the team
I waited as we went after ALF
I waited when told by the ticket office to "buy a season ticket and if you arent happy with the summer signings you can have your money back"
I waited Philips to come
I waited when Oyne said "sorry, they have learned their lesson and things will change
I waited to hear what happened at the "fans forum" in London that no one could talk about
I waited for loans in Jan that would ensure we stayed in the championship
I waited for my ENTIRE lifetime to have any league success at all (a top 6 finish in ANY league)
I waited as Fisher said the fightback budget would be good
I waited for them to announce that we have a reduced budget for next season
I waied for them to come out of yet another transfer embargo

I am waiting no more

SISU OUT !!!!

Old news, move on

georgehudson

i just cannot believe that any rational human being can side with sisu,
i know it's all about opinion, but,
sisu exude continued elaborate, weak, devious & superficial untruths,
their communication is about as effective as gordon brown,
their respect level is as high as joey barton,
they are as believable as vidkun quisling,

PUSB

dongonzalos

No they have never cared about the fans.

Initially they cared about the club as it was a vessel to get into the premiership then sell it on straight away for a quick hit profit.

This care, disappeared after a year.

Now the club or the fans well never bring profit (in their) eyes so they care only about the stadium, which they think will bring profit and lead to them finally been able to sell and get rid of the club as a package.

If the football club play in league 1 or 2 it does not really matter as long as it does not cost too much whilst they acquire half the stadium

However without it they know the council wont deal with them, so they can't express their true opinions about the club as the council will not deal with them

Grendel

i just cannot believe that any rational human being can side with sisu,
i know it's all about opinion, but,
sisu exude continued elaborate, weak, devious & superficial untruths,
their communication is about as effective as gordon brown,
respect level is as high as joey barton,
they are as believable as vidkun quisling,

PUSB

I don't side with them but the choice is simple support the team or watch it disappear. I could up to a point see the protest idea when there was an alternative. Now there isn't. People say its boring talking about thorn well how boring is this?

dongonzalos

If it is correct that there is no other option (I am open minded on this, I will explain below)

However if they are, then surely the best thing to do is support the council to ensure that they insist on certain criteria to be part of the deal. Also we should encourage Higgs to take the same stance as they care about the fans and the football club. Also insist the council keep the right to veto future sales of the share.

If SISU are the only option and the deal is done without a clause forcing them to invest in the football club. Is it not likely, that they will prefer to invest nothing in the football club as they feel they have tried this route and it stung them badly.

Now they must be thinking don't invest anything in the football club cut the costs in it massively under the guise of the FFP. To them as oppose 16000 or just 10000 fans turning up. Is not as damaging financially as signing players and getting tied up in contracts.

So if the club drop to league 2 so what.

If they have half the stadium they have a light at the end of the tunnel. If they drive a hard bargain to get it and then develop it slightly and increase what is already a profitable business. They then sell that for a profit get rid of the dead wood football club as part of the bargain.

We are then in the unknown do the new owners want the football club will they invest.

If SISU refuse to accept these conditions you have to really wonder what they have in mind for Coventry. Why would they not accept a condition asking them to invest in the football club.

If this is the case my own view would be take the gamble don't do business with them
let them try and liquidate the club. I am certain at that point someone will come out of the woodwork who is prepared to meet the criteria but don't want to deal with SISU at this stage.

However if they are happy to have a clause insisting they invest a certain amount in the club in a certain time frame, they do not mortgage the stadium. They develop the arena and they allow the council to keep the power of VETO

This would go a long way to quelling peoples concerns about their intentions and I think would win over a lot of fans!

Last edited:

ccfcway

problem will always be how you define "investing in the club"

They are currently saying they have spent 40 million or whatever the figure is

A commitemnt to the council isnt worth the unheaded note paper it would be written on..

"we promise" says SISU

Macca

I don't side with them but the choice is simple support the team or watch it disappear. I could up to a point see the protest idea when there was an alternative. Now there isn't. People say its boring talking about thorn well how boring is this?

The no one else wants to do it argument only works with thorn apparently ;)

Users who are viewing this thread