Do SISU have a right to ban banners? (1 Viewer)

Wallace

The Ricoh is not owned by SISU thus making them 'users'. I would say tenants but I don't believe they would be called that because they actualy only use the ground for 5 or 6 hours per week. So as 'users' of a ground do they have a legal ground to stand on in the issue of banning banners? They make the issue on the grounds of 'fire safety' but that can be met with a certificate, but the actual banning should come from the owners, surely? In our case it is the council. So if a protestor wants to take a banner to the ground he or she could get authorization if they apply to the council.
Therefore, if we follow that procedure SISU have no right to demand the banners removal because we have permission from the owners of the ground.

illphil80

Booooring. Safety guidelines ban the banners not sisu. It would prob be the same if u took one to a rugby game there too.

Last edited:

mattylad

The Ricoh is not owned by SISU thus making them 'users'. I would say tenants but I don't believe they would be called that because they actualy only use the ground for 5 or 6 hours per week. So as 'users' of a ground do they have a legal ground to stand on in the issue of banning banners? They make the issue on the grounds of 'fire safety' but that can be met with a certificate, but the actual banning should come from the owners, surely? In our case it is the council. So if a protestor wants to take a banner to the ground he or she could get authorization if they apply to the council.
Therefore, if we follow that procedure SISU have no right to demand the banners removal because we have permission from the owners of the ground.
Which is why this is all being done under the premis of the arena safety comittee which includes, ACL CCFC and the police.

Astute

The ground don't belong to SISU. The police don't belong to SISU. SISU don't make up the laws or rules on what is allowed.

SISU have their faults, but can't be blamed for all of this.

ajsccfc

I heard Paul Clouting was seen around WTC7 saying 'pull it down' but these are unsubstantiated rumours at present.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

SISU would come out of this fiasco if they would evidence a little more honesty. They are not instructing the enforcement due to the fire risk legislation, it's because they don't like the message - but stand behind the fire legislation because it suits them to so do.

Flags and banners have been sporadically used at the Ricoh within SISU's tenure; but only when the message they convey has turned against their liking have they decided to operate thus, but don't want to be accused of censorship.

Did that monkey of a steward wrestle the flag from the crowd at the Watford game and throw it to the ground with disgust because he believed it was an imminent and profound fire risk? I think not. Are the teams of porky, orange jacketed enforcers chasing people though the Tesco stand because they fear their quilt cover will combust at any moment? Of course not.

They are doing it because they've been instructed to do so by those who wish to hide behind a nuance they've never paid any attention to previously

Ccfc1979

MMM that is absolutely spot on. Think we'll have another International Day soon with flags of all nations?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Id love to see Orange Ken or Clouty come and remove the flags from.the crowd! That'd definately give the orange umps lumpas summit to sort out :) one goes into naughty corner n one behind the goal (2 places the flags usually are). Ha! It is them giving the instructions after all :)

shmmeee

I love how SISU are both far too incompetent to run a football club, but all powerful enough to control the police and ACL.

Ashdown

It only takes a simple instruction, hiding behind fire certificates etc...........as MMM says they are culpable without doubt. Oh and someone mentioned the rugby, I suggest you google some of the pictures from the Heineken cup games, flags everywhere.

Nonleagueherewecome

Id love to see Orange Ken or Clouty come and remove the flags from.the crowd! That'd definately give the orange umps lumpas summit to sort out :) one goes into naughty corner n one behind the goal (2 places the flags usually are). Ha! It is them giving the instructions after all :)

Now that I would love to see.

cloughie

yep Heineken cup games, there were lots of flags and they didn't seem to bother with the Coleman out flags either. Seems like some will believe anything sisu pump out about it not being their fault.

Becksy

I can't actually believe we're still talking about banners, honestly who fucking cares! We need some loan signings and the next game to make things more interesting.

We should ban talk about banning banners!!!

Astute

It's not about banner bashing. It's about SISU bashing, although I am not allowed to say this as it is on the wrong board :whistle: :laugh:

Nonleagueherewecome

Becksy-I'm sick of hearing utter crap, deceit and lies every time a member of my football clubs board opens their gob. I'm not alone in that sentiment, so I guess until that changes, you'll have to put up with the banner banter! Maybe take a banner next game saying "Banners Out!" to the next game, but make sure it has a fire certificate.

Gaz

I'm not siding with anyone just bored of hearing about banners, is that ok?

Don't mean to be funny here Becksy, but if you are bored of hearing about banners then why click on a topic with the title "do Sisu have the right to ban banners"

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm not siding with anyone just bored of hearing about banners, is that ok?

How can you be 'sick' about this issue? The club's owners are seemingly censoring people's fair critisism of their administration - some of these people perhaps being those who willingly gave up shares having swallowed promise of the greater good.

The club - right now - is apparently in a worse state than it's been in a considerable time with regards league position and dwindling gates; and the truth relating to statements from the club have been 'ecomonical' at best.

If I could quote David Ben-Gurion, the first Israeli Prime Minister: 'The test of democracy is freedom of criticism.'

That - by default - makes our club undemocratic. That worries me profoundly, and I'll never be 'sick' of hearing about that, thanks

Astute

Everyone used to be allowed an opinion. We all agree that things could be much better, but most clubs these days can say the same.

We need to start being able to debate amongst ourselves again without the namecalling and "I am right so you must be wrong" mentality. Otherwise it might be best to have threads where you can only post if you agree on a certain subject then have a separate thread for those that disagree. Then we could have another one for the ones that are unsure but nobody else allowed on there incase brainwashing goes on :thinking about:

BTW I am not against banners in the slightest. It would be good to see what happens if all rules set on banners at grounds are followed.

valiant15

Astute,you really are cocky aren't you. You seem to be happy that shittsu are taking us nowhere. Let's see now,a 21st,2 x 17th and 18th place Finish,one outfield player brought in since king signed,mortgaged next seasons season ticket sales,had the football league money already,a piss poor thin squad,gates dropped from 20k+ to below 14k,they've sold or released every half decent player we've had. Are you blind to the truth? I went to a party last night and everyone i spoke to said that they won't go to the ricoh until shittsu have gone. Are we all wrong? You seem to be on a mission on every thread to slap people down and try and brainwash people to be greatfull for the parasites. Your a scab,a total and utter scab. By the way i left school in 89 little boy.

Astute

If you did then your mentality did not leave with you. Maybe it stayed at nursery school.

You mention more finishes than years SISU have been with us. How good were the finishes before they took over? I agree we have a squad that is too small. Gates are down since we moved to the new ground. Happens at most new grounds when teams are not doing well. Average attendances not below before we moved, but above what they were before we moved. It is harder to get to the Ricoh as well. Released every half decent player we had? So we have no decent players left? Take a look at the players released. They have all done well since have they? We sold one. Asset strippers I suppose.

I do not want SISU running our club. In what way have I tried brainwashing? I have an opinion though. Until I see for myself that there is someone ready with fresh funds that is cash and not loans then we would not be any better off.
"Your a scab, a total and utter scab" :D Please find out the meaning of "scab" and also which "your" goes where. I might be able to understand what you are trying to preach then. Sorry for having an opinion that you do not like. I suppose I am alone in having an opinion against what you seem to know what is right. I am not saying your opinion is wrong. You are acting like an absolute idiot the way you go about trying to put your point across though. Then you wonder why most do not listen to your rants :thinking about:

valiant15

Fuck you dickhead. I dont give a toss about most people on here. I hardly bother with the site now. Coventry city-shit club with even shitter fans. No wonder the rest of the midlands laughs at us. Your like a load of trainspotters on here,boring bastards.

valiant15

Fox,dann,westwood,king,best,gunnarson,turner etc etc. EVERY GOOD PLAYER THEY LET GO! Er hello,is there a brain in your head?

Astute

Fuck you dickhead. I dont give a toss about most people on here. I hardly bother with the site now. Coventry city-shit club with even shitter fans. No wonder the rest of the midlands laughs at us. Your like a load of trainspotters on here,boring bastards.

Can you hurry up and go for good so we can see how much we don't miss you :laugh:

Astute

Fox,dann,westwood,king,best,gunnarson,turner etc etc. EVERY GOOD PLAYER THEY LET GO! Er hello,is there a brain in your head?

You have me there. We are the only club in the world that sells players, or can't force players to sign new contracts. We were never a selling club before they took over either I suppose. Your knowledge is much superior to most on here. I bow to you for your superior intelligence ;)

Users who are viewing this thread