Do people actually enjoy the taste of whiskey (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m on holiday with some relatives at the moment and my cousin is a big fan of whisky . He’s got a bottle of Slane on at the minute he says it tastes lovely but it’s water on me I tried a shot of it but much prefer a beer

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Quite partial to a bit of Dalwhinnie (scotch) or some Woodford Reserve (bourbon) recently. I tend to drink them with a cube or two of ice and couldnt really tell you why i like the taste, i just do! Ive also noticed that im far more likely to go and raid the drinks cupboard if i'm watching something like Boardwalk Empire or Peaky Blinders.

Astute

Whisky is like lager. They all taste different. If you only try those you don't like you will never find those you do like.

Try going to Scotland and having a few tours around distilleries. You will instantly notice the difference. Even the wife found one she liked and she is a Gin drinker. Gin? Tastes like a tarts neck. Might as well drink a bottle of perfume. But this latest craze of drinking Gin is having a drink that doesn't taste like Gin.

clint van damme

Ive also noticed that im far more likely to go and raid the drinks cupboard if i'm watching something like Boardwalk Empire or Peaky Blinders.

I wonder why? Perhaps the fact that the majority of people in those shows seem to constantly have a drink in their hands?!

Do you pour yours from a crystal glass decanter?!

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I wonder why? Perhaps the fact that the majority of people in those shows seem to constantly have a drink in their hands?!

It's 100% influenced by the characters constantly necking spirits, im sure of that. It surprised me a bit to be honest, i didn't appreciate how 'product placement' could be so effective.

Sadly no crystal decanters yet, though i am in the early stages of building an criminal empire based upon illicit liquor.

Woolly68

I like a little rum myself. Whisky smell and taste is not good. Prefer a good quality continental beer.

no_loyalty

I don't like Whisky at all, just found out that my
brother-in-law's stag weekend is in Edinburgh, with a Whisky tasting tour included.

fellatio_Martinez

I remember watching Coronation Street when I was a child and seeing a few of the characters always pouring brown liquid from those crystal glass decanters and downing it like it was coke, so in my head I thought that it must have been tasty stuff.

One day I went to my dad's booze cabinet and found a decanter just like the one in Coronation Street. I poured a nice big glass and attempted to down it like Ken Barlow. I even made my sister act like Dierdre Barlow to add a touch of realism. I ended up puking all over the floor the moment it touched the back of my throat.

Frank Sidebottom

Never used to like it but went to Edinburgh a couple of years ago and tried a few different ones and discovered what I liked and what I don't like, Tend to prefer Speyside and Islay ones. Lagavulin 16 being by far my favourite.... it's a very strange drink though and I've found the taste of the same whiskey can vary purely from drinking it from the wrong type of glass. Not something I'd drink without having had a couple of beers first though... definitely more of a nightcap(s).

skybluejelly

I drank a whole bottle straight down when I was 15 at a party ( God knows how I didn't die from alcohol poisoning) since then even the smell of scotch makes me heave

Sick Boy

Same goes for people in a round that drink gin. £5.50 for the gin and £2.50 for a mixer. While I drink pints.

Fuuuuuuck that.

Worse are those who then switch to something cheaper when it’s their turn to buy and then revert back when it’s not their turn.

Otis

Do people actually enjoy the taste of whiskey?

After yesterday's game, probably yes.

Gazolba

Unfathomable to me how anyone can drink the stuff.
Beer is just as bad, as is almost any red wine.
I must have a weird palate because all I like is cider, lager (with lime being a must) or sweetish white or rose wines.

Gazolba

Ouzo is pretty bad too. Tried it once and never again!

Users who are viewing this thread