Do not give Platt a new contract (1 Viewer)

Glen

He is too old and a waste of time does not score enough

torchomatic

Nice to see you back, Glen. Why the sudden appetite for posting?

Otis

Yeah, how dare he play with an injured back for whatever many games it's been.

Short memories. Platt was brought here to be a squad player, to be used from off the bench.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think that even AB bought him 2 years ago as a stand-by, but with our beloved owners he's become one of our key players.

Juke, King up front today??

Mind you if we still had them, today wouldn't have been a relegation struggle.

Marty

Yeah, how dare he play with an injured back for whatever many games it's been.

Short memories. Platt was brought here to be a squad player, to be used from off the bench.

We can't afford luxury players to only be used off the bench.

Last week, people were saying how vital he is for us, IMO, i'm not fussed either way. Hes something different to what we have.

torchomatic

So why not post after the Hull match? Hold on, wait a minute....

because we are shit and things need to be said

ccfcway

I think that even AB bought him 2 years ago as a stand-by, but with our beloved owners he's become one of our key players.

Juke, King up front today??

Mind you if we still had them, today wouldn't have been a relegation struggle.

so why were we in one when they were here ?

Otis

We can't afford luxury players to only be used off the bench.

Last week, people were saying how vital he is for us, IMO, i'm not fussed either way. Hes something different to what we have.

But Marty when he came here we had a number of forwards to choose from and a bigger squad. We didn't bring him here when the squad was cut, we brought him when we had healthy numbers. He has become a full time first 11 player this season because of the situation and he simply wasn't brought here to be that!

Alex

In fairness he won a few headers today, although he sent most of them towards Bristol players. If there's one thing he really seems to lack it must be pace. I don't know if he was unfit or if it was this back injury but almost from the beginning of the game he starts to look lethargic.

Ashdown

Platt is awful, Deegan is never a footballer, Nimely is a lazy c**t and will drift away to be an unknown, Clingan, Baker and Bell have all been appalling overall, Sheffers has only started firing with a few games to go, Hussey and Cody have been injured or unfit all year, the rest are distinctly average, Norwood { A shining light of late}will be yanked back promptly now to Man U....................all in all what did we expect, its testament to a scout working above his remit to have at least had us still in it with 4 games to go.
SISU gave up on this club two years a go and have systematically took it apart................it appears though that no other dreamer has the funds to remove them either.

DazzleTommyDazzle

so why were we in one when they were here ?

Did we get relegated last year and I didn't notice????

If you're prepared to be sensible for a moment, King was in prison at the start of the season and took a good while to get going. Juke was a young player in his first season in the Championship.

King gets fit, Juke gets the experience and our beloved owners refuse to give a contract to the former and flog the latter.

But heh, lets not have a word said against them.

Marty

But Marty when he came here we had a number of forwards to choose from and a bigger squad. We didn't bring him here when the squad was cut, we brought him when we had healthy numbers. He has become a full time first 11 player this season because of the situation and he simply wasn't brought here to be that!

True, with what little money we have I think we'd be better off looking elsewhere. Jon Parkin?

cornoccfc

Platt is meant to be an impact player to mix things up in the last 10-30 mins of a game, nothing more.

skybluegod

ohh my f***ing god seriously if you think F*** off he didnt have his best game today but he gave his all and he's got a back problem which he's taking injedctions for just so he can play.

Marty

Is that the same Jon Parkin who was reported to be after £10k per week when we were supposedly talking to him?

Just throwing a name into the mix... Billy Sharp?? saints won't need him when they get promoted. :whistle:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I've never been a fan of him. But to hit out on him after today is just unfair, especially considering the ball hardly ever got that far up the pitch! He isn't a great player but he does what he says on the tin really.

Users who are viewing this thread