Blog Do City need to strengthen their attacking options? (1 Viewer)

‪READ | With a few strikers being linked to the Sky Blues, I discuss our attacking options and whether or not we need to strengthen in the final third. ‬

‪You can find my latest blog post below👇🏼 #PUSB ‬

Last edited:

mr_monkey

Absolutely.... We need to have a plan b and plan c in the championship

I'd like to see a pacey striker come in to challenge godden and Baka but also to give is options to go two up if we need it

Magwitch

In a word yes, Hiwula has gone he got in some terrific team created positions to score but forever missed. Need a chance taker, getting one can be the difference as to how we do,

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need to strengthen absolutely. If we don't we will get relegated. The rest of the team I would say is good enough, but we struggled to score goals as it is in a lower division.

Legia Sky Blue

I've got a feeling that MR will look to bring in a PL forward on loan to challenge Godden as a starter, and that it might not be sorted until the transfer deadline.

Winny the Bish

A lot of Premier League loans aren't sorted until after pre-season, so we might be waiting a while for the final additions to the squad.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don’t know why Baka has suddenly moved ahead of Max in the pecking order. I’m sure Max finished last season ahead of him?
I’d imagine that Baka has more attributes to make it at a higher level. Max is always due a screamer but his limitations will be found out a bit more this season - pretty much like Akinfenwa

SBAndy

Let’s face it, though, we definitely need to add to the attack. Striker required and possibly an AM (yes, another one!) though that could be on loan. Would prefer us to sign a younger striker permanently.

stay_up_skyblues

I do think Godden can step up and be a decent to good player in the Champ. But one or two (inevitable) injuries and then we have Baka leading the line, potentially for a good chunk of the season with God’s injury issue. Whilst I think Baka can come on, him being number one this year at least would leave us relegation fodder. So yes, we absolutely need another forward, and a good one at that.

D

Deleted member 2477

Most definitely yes. We need someone who can score 10-15 in the championship and I dont think our current strikers will

Greggs

As it stands, we're weaker than we were last season. That's the worry. No Dabo, Rose, Walsh or Mccallum. Arguably our 4 best players. Time will tell.

fatso

I’d like to see 2 or even 3 new strikers in, and we need to offload Baka, Biamou, Ponticelli and Kastaneer. Now as popular as Biamou is in certain corners, (and tbf he has served us well so far) he isn’t good enough to have an impact in the championship.
As for the others, they just ain’t good enough full stop. I guess the problem is, who can afford to take them off our hands.

Lord_Nampil

need 5-6 players id say to cover the squad, will require a few players going out, but still need cover in defence, Decostas injury makes that 2 players we need, still need 2 midfielders and 2 forwards. if 3-4 were permanent that would be great a few loans on top of that would help!!

Users who are viewing this thread