DKE's (1 Viewer)

better days

Two good lads who'd been at the club since they were 8 year olds
It's a shame they have gone and the only acknowledgement was their inclusion in the list released today
The club should rectify this. It costs nothing to be nice
They always gave their best and I really hope they can both find another club soon
Dion is probably better suited to a holding midfield position in my opinion
Only Doyle is a tougher bugger than him in the current squad

wingy

It's a shame they have gone and the only acknowledgement was their inclusion in the list released today
They always gave their best and I really hope they can both find another club soon
Agree about Dion
He would very much suit a switch to that position.
U think and hope he stays in the professional ranks, good enough IMO

MatthewWallis

What do you want? A testimonial?

covcity4life

lol what, his pasing is nowhere near good enough to be a midfielder, hes not especially tough he jsut gets stuck in and we all appreciate that

good luck to both of them

Brighton Sky Blue

No, but more of an acknowledgement than a name on a list. In fairness the club has given them both a bit of a bio. They'll be gutted by the news, I suppose some warm words from the club will mean very little.

Suspect they'll have had this broken to them some time ago and neither has so much as made the bench in recent months so can't have been a shock.

fatso

Good luck to them both, you could never question their passion or commitment.
They are both capeable of having a career in the game.

Otis

How do we know the club haven't said warm words to the pair?

Not everything has to be done publicly and where's the warm words for JCH then?

Besides, Robins has probably been drunk since Monday around 6ish.

steve82

Sorry but football is ruthless, desire will only take you so far.

Good luck to them but we move on.

It’s what they do now that counts, go find another club be it Solihull in the national league or Nuneaton in the national north, or lower still leamington or Stratford in the southern prem.

Go and drop to a level to excel, grow and prove yourself in the mans game and come back stronger. If not cry it out with Ivor Lawton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PVA

Young players get released from every club every year. Not nice for them but I dont know why you think this situation is different.

It's not like they've both played 100 first team games, they've barely had a kick.

Otis

Young players get released from every club every year. Not nice for them but I dont know why you think this situation is different.

It's not like they've both played 100 first team games, they've barely had a kick.
Even when on the pitch.

Was going to say they need to rise above it, but of course that is not possible for the twins.

Joy Division

Go and drop to a level to excel, grow and prove yourself in the mans game and come back stronger. If not cry it out with Ivor Lawton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivor Lawton has been playing for Halesowen Town in the Northern Premier League this last season.

Otis

Dions a Tiger, he will be back !
I think he could possibly play at League Two level, but probably best suited to a division below. Think he will be popular wherever he ends up.

Good luck to both of them, but unfortunately they came up a little bit short for what we need to move the club forwards.

SlowerThanPlatt

Lawton was never that good. I had someone telling me 3 years ago Lawton would be a better player than Maddison. Some players just get more ‘hype’ than others because they’re Cov fans, good/active on social media or a senior pro said something about them. Ponticelli falls into this category but is far more talented

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Lawton was never that good. I had someone telling me 3 years ago Lawton would be a better player than Maddison. Some players just get more ‘hype’ than others because they’re Cov fans, good/active on social media or a senior pro said something about them. Ponticelli falls into this category but is far more talented

What is Lawton up to now? Barely heard anything of him since he left us

pusbccfc

Our record with Devon on the pitch was pretty decent. Far better than Vincenti!

speedie87

Neither were good enough for us moving forward but Dion was the better of the two.

Hope they are aren’t bitter about being let go though, Dion got to play in a winning team at Wembley and Devon scored for us.....either of those things were my dreams as a kid so hope they can look with fondness at achieving those things in the future

Bennosdancingfeet

Being local lads don’t make them legends. Clearly struggled at league 2 level and would never play at league 1 level.

Saying that, I really hope they find clubs and wish the pair of them nothing but best wishes for the future.

Hobo

Yes football is a tough world. It has an annual churn and although they survived since they were eight each year, others haven't. It doesn't mean their career is over, but perhaps it is time to go and develop their career elsewhere. Sometimes a change kick starts things.

Clubs often get things wrong, Kevin Keegan being too small as an example.

wingy

Being local lads don’t make them legends. Clearly struggled at league 2 level and would never play at league 1 level.

Saying that, I really hope they find clubs and wish the pair of them nothing but best wishes for the future.
I don't get that .
Dion played a lot last season and was one of the better performers in an awful team overseen by awful managememt at the age of 18.

Bennosdancingfeet

Whilst I see what you’re saying to a degree but wasn’t that the same team that took us down to league 2????

You’ve answered your own point of not getting it.

wingy

Whilst I see what you’re saying to a degree but wasn’t that the same team that took us down to league 2????

You’ve answered your own point of not getting it.
No I get it but at 18 in a squad of let downs he was one of the more solid performers .
Let's face it it's his size that's going to hold him back IMO .
But I think someone will give him a go maybe league 2or under .
I think his tenacity will pull him through.
I also think he could convert to a Lloyd Mcgrath role, he has the heart for it.
Anyhow he's gone good luck to him.

Chipfat

Few things have gone on with them at the club and have known for a while they were probably not going to be kept on if Robbins was still at the club. They have gave everything to sign pro forms and deserve nothing but credit in a game where size does matter.

They are very level headed lads from a great family, they deserve luck and the chance to prove that they both can play at pro level. Well liked, very grounded boys who will not be bitter just determined to do well wherever they land. I wish them well in everything they do.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Agree with chip fat and Robins did tell them earlier this year that they wouldn’t form part of his plans going forward, sadly for him, size and their current skill levels is not what he wants. He said they could move at any time and encouraged them to find a new club.

Nice lads, had some good moments and hopefully they get picked up by a club who see their ability.

Brutally though, even though they may not be paid the most, we need every penny to stay in L1 and try to push on further towards the top half and we need better stronger players for that.

Users who are viewing this thread