Divide between players and fans (1 Viewer)

Sutty

It's growing bigger isn't it?

Kilbane and the fans having a pop at each other at the end of the game, now tweets from Jordan Clarke and Chris Hussey suggesting they feel they've received unfair criticism from Cov fans.

One of the great things about lower league football is the community feeling that clubs have, but I don't think the players would give any of us the time of day at the moment. The idiots that think it's ok to abuse our players either on Twitter or in person are making the club feel very split.

Sky

@JordanClarke17: Duno what game certain people were watchin.. Left winger got bullied .. Didn't get a sniff n got subbed... #saynomore. Clearly thinks he's the next big thing...

Last edited:

CovKingChris

Facebook User
They don't deserve what the fans are giving them. Our fans think we're the biggest and best team in the league and have players that would compete in the prem. We don't and that's a fact. They're just deluded.

hill83

@JordanClarke17: Duno what game certain people were watchin.. Left winger got bullied .. Didn't get a sniff n got subbed... #saynomore. Clearly thinks he's the next big thing...

I wouldn't agree with you there, clearly looks like he did thinks his job in the game. I can't comment as I couldn't make it.

Can't see anything that suggests he thinks he's 'the next big thing' as you put it.

skyblueinBaku

Sutty, the days are long gone that players and fans had any feeling of togetherness. In my youth, the players lived amongst us - even travelling to games on public transport. Those days are over. Players' earnings and lifestyles are far higher than the average fan can even dream of. To the player, this is normal; to the fan it is a privileged way of life. A wedge has been driven between fan and player by the money Sky pumped into the game. There is no answer to this problem until players realise that they are just entertainers (who happen to have a particular skill - they are good at playing football) and their continued high life depends on their being able to attract an audience. I feel that the days of footballers' exhorbitant lifestyles are coming to an end.

SkyBlueChris

there both kids and will make mistakes now and again..my dad always judged rio ferdernand for west ham and united when he was young and always said he made a mistake a game...and toungsters

Sky

Might be just me but I get the impression he's more interested in his own performance which was at best Sub-par, rather than appolagising to the fans who travelled or atleast say he was gutted with the team performance.

Joelly

Why should he apologise to fans, who (I hear) gave all the players abuse all game. Call themselves true fans but theyre all wankers who dont understand footballers need confidence and backing to perform.

Sky

Why should he apologise to fans, who (I hear) gave all the players abuse all game. Call themselves true fans but theyre all wankers who dont understand footballers need confidence and backing to perform.

1500 went today if the team had played anywhere near half decent they would have backed them all game. The players get the fans going... It's always been that way

AFCCOVENTRY

Clarke is deluded like SISU.

That whole team needs to take a long hard long at themselves and realise they were shit. Beating Brum isn't the pinnacle of our season... we can't win league games!! :facepalm:

ajsccfc

Let's not pretend any bad attitude is exclusively a one-way thing. Fans increasingly jab footballers for no genuine reason, like them having both Twitter accounts and a preferred chicken establishment.

The sheer thick-headed entitlement of some fans along the lines of 'I pay their wages, I can scream abuse at them. Wait, one of them said something back, call the police' should be shown up.

ajsccfc

Twitter should require an IQ test to allow registration. It may exclude a lot of footballers, but thankfully it'd wipe out nearly all the people who sit there abusing them for reaction too.

pusbccfc

Winger got bullied? By an unfit Clarke? Hardly!

He's means that Bunn that got all the stick from the cov fans.

coundonskyblue

So what about the 1300 of us who went to the game and supported the team?

Its ok for the players to moan about the whole crowd because a minority of them got at the players?

Big Mo

If i were a player and heard you're not fit to wear the shirt after only losing one nil I'd have a serious think about how I'd pissed the fans off so much. Don't normally boo but yesterday was unforgivably poor with not one player coming out with any credit, unless these players are happy being in league one they should be as angry as we are

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Twitter should require an IQ test to allow registration. It may exclude a lot of footballers, but thankfully it'd wipe out nearly all the people who sit there abusing them for reaction too.

Twitter users need an IQ test - full stop! What is all this about.... "#" and "@"?
They look like something you'd use to replace letters when using expletives! "#saynomore"? What is that? Just speak bloody English!

woody11462

I don't think Twitter should have an IQ test but footballers should think long and hard before using an account.

No, they shouldnt be subject to degrading comments and abuse BUT they work in a profession that is performance related. Twitter is a communication channel between people who are famous and the rest of us and its too easy to write something and direct it at someone without thinking of consequences. And in football you are always gonna be judged by people of have a great passion for what they are effectively doing as a 'job'.

psgm1

Banned
Is this what SISU want? Clearly they have no intention of taking the club forward, so you have to wonder what is their game plan? SISU want to make money I presume - The Ricoh as it is currently being used will not make them money if they owned it. However, if it became a fully fledged event arena where the entire floorspace could be used (add a roof and remove the pitch) then it could be exceedingly lucrative as it could then get more big events.

The stumbling block is Coventry City. They have to keep the pitch for the fixtures. If however, cov were in the 4th tier or below, they could never justify playing at the ricoh. Therefore, Coventry City would need to look for alternative fixture.

Once SISU have got cov out of the Ricoh, they would happily sell, or even just go into admin and they would have the arena without the hassle of a football team.

One problem with this scenario, Council are quite rightly refusing to sell the share!

I simply cannot think of any other reason why SISU are still involved in the club! They have no chance of seling with the debt they have put into the club, they aren't spending on players or indeed ANY improvements, they have sold all realistic assets. It just does not make any sense, unless their game plan all along was to obtain the Ricoh!

Truly worrying times!

valiant15

Ban me then. You can all continue your sisu love in in peace. The clubs heading for oblivion and you all bury your heads in the sand. Unbelievable.

hill83

You can't slag sisu off,its not aloud on here. You'll have your post deleted for having a different opinion.

I've noticed you mention this several times. Change the record. I've seen plenty of people slag sisu off on here.

Users who are viewing this thread