Distressed Debt the Secret World of SISU (1 Viewer)

cofastreecity

Distressed Debt and the Secret World Of SISU

So where does the SISU money originate, well when you find out please let us all know.
Whether its SISU Capital Fund Limited, SISU Capital Fund Limited 11, SISU Capital Fund LP, Arvo Master Fund Limited, or other connected entities such as AdMat Holdings LLC, Huntsman Materials Holdings LLC (where funnily enough SISU Capital Limited acts as Investment Manager for Beneficial Owners (now where I have heard that before), the SISU world is far from clear.

SISU’s interests spread far, they operate in areas where reputations for the secretive money management is well known, Nigeria, South Africa, Cyprus, Luxembourg, the Far East and Salt Lake City, yes Salt Lake City.

SISU’s CEO is well connected, through her Wharton University of Pennsylvania, to ex an ex US Ambassador and Governor, and furthermore holds a Board Position on the Code Committee of the Take Over Panel, not bad for a person who was once described by an eminent Judge when SISU Fund Limited sought to overturn a Company Voluntary Agreement on the basis that they claimed was “unfairly prejudicial” to their interests.
In his judgment, Mr Justice Warren produced a structural diagram of the various companies involved which showed that it too was a complicated multi-layered cross-border undertaking. He described Sisu Company Secretary Joy Seppala as “the least satisfactory of all the witnesses”, saying: “I fear Ms Seppala has a distorted recollection of some events … and, with the benefit of hindsight, has introduced a ‘spin’ which suits the Applicants’ case. She is also prone to exaggerate – the Respondents would characterise it as lying, but I give her the benefit of the doubt on that.”

He added: “She is, I am quite sure, an astute and effective business woman. I totally reject her description of herself as naïve. I am quite sure that she was closely involved in developments as the representative of SISU as a Committee Creditor” ([2005] EWHC 2170 (Ch)).

The distressed debt world can be a very dark place, where answers are few and transparency as rare as a good Football Club CEO. However as obvious as SISU’s influential contacts may be , there are many more dubious relationships linked to such companies as Vantis. www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...emands-HMRC-probes-2bn-film-tax-loophole.html. Enter Mr Ken Dulieu, from 2002 to 2010, he acted as non executive Director and chair of the Remuneration and Nominations Committees of previously Alternative Investment Market listed Vantis plc, an accountancy and financial services business.

Now how does the Football League view Fit and Proper, and how will they view the manipulated CCFC Limited’s accounts, and what about the Auditors BDO, where are they in this sorry state of affairs, surely any Auditor worth their “Salt”, would have cleared their name by now? So what does that say? Then there are the Joint Administrators led by Mr Paul Appleton, why has he not pursued a court order demanding information be provided, its just not good enough for him to state, “Indeed, there is still information outstanding which, despite repeated pleas and requests, has not been presented. This has hardly helped clarify a confusing state of affairs dating back some 20 years”

This week I feel will be the beginning of the end, one result will provide justice for those patient supporters who have been through so very much, the other will expose the Football League to extensive criticism which will go the heart of government, remember:-
“Players, Managers, Directors, even Grandstands come and go, but supporters always remain”.

Florence1898

Most useful and thoughtful post, should forward to HMRC, FSA and Code Committee in the first instance as this will raise their awareness, then the Secretary of State, Football League and Mr Appleton, sure the local MP would be keen to review

SkyblueBazza

Agree with most of your post. a very murky world. Appleton I feel for a bit. After all he is an administrator, not investigator...& nor is he a policeman. He has probably done a good job in getting ACL their slice & is perhaps now doing the best he can for the club before handing the final nod from the FL.
It is then just business as usual for CCFC. Stadium arguments (Ricoh as-in, I cannot imagine anyone doing any rental agreement elsewhere unless it's cash up-front), selling higher earners & anyone with any talent.

dongonzalos

This week I feel will be the beginning of the end, one result will provide justice for those patient supporters who have been through so very much, the other will expose the Football League to extensive criticism which will go the heart of government,

What result will that be.....

wingy

Agree with most of your post. a very murky world. Appleton I feel for a bit. After all he is an administrator, not investigator...& nor is he a policeman. He has probably done a good job in getting ACL their slice & is perhaps now doing the best he can for the club before handing the final nod from the FL.
It is then just business as usual for CCFC. Stadium arguments (Ricoh as-in, I cannot imagine anyone doing any rental agreement elsewhere unless it's cash up-front), selling higher earners & anyone with any talent.

But there has been information withheld ,and he had the power to demand it with the backing of law.:confused:

SkyblueBazza

But there has been information withheld ,and he had the power to demand it with the backing of law.:confused:

Depends too when the statement was made. Did he subsequently get the information before making the final decision? I personally don't know & can't be arsed to check. It is unlikely to change anything either way from my perspective. Assume he dint get the said information...it could have then dragged on & on. Lesser of two evils perhaps?

sky blue john

It is then just business as usual for CCFC. Stadium arguments (Ricoh as-in, I cannot imagine anyone doing any rental agreement elsewhere unless it's cash up-front), selling higher earners & anyone with any talent.[/
QUOTE]

I suppose PA will have to console himself with half a million payoff !!!!!

cofastreecity

Understand there are many investigations running in parallel looking deep into the world of SISU and all of their connected and so called unconnected entities. There is no apparent liquidity in this machine although everyone is connected to one another, but the rope is tightening and won't be long before all is exposed.

SkyblueBazza

It is then just business as usual for CCFC. Stadium arguments (Ricoh as-in, I cannot imagine anyone doing any rental agreement elsewhere unless it's cash up-front), selling higher earners & anyone with any talent.[/
QUOTE]

I suppose PA will have to console himself with half a million payoff !!!!!

Yes...it might (or might not) be worth the stresses & strains of the exercise for him.

John_Silletts_Nose

This is a good post.
As Sepalla is quoted as saying,
“I’m not one for publicity and I do not care what people — beyond my investors and my family — think of me,”
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/8379-SISU-quot-Queen-of-Debt-quot-2005-Article

I think the best approach is to identify who are the SISU Capital investors and directly communicate with them to point out that the spin which they are receiving from SISU is not truely reflecting the danger that their investment ha of losing money. As she has publicly stated she will listen to her investors so we as fans should target them.

SkyblueBazza

Understand there are many investigations running in parallel looking deep into the world of SISU and all of their connected and so called unconnected entities. There is no apparent liquidity in this machine although everyone is connected to one another, but the rope is tightening and won't be long before all is exposed.

Maybe at least one initiated by the maligned PA? What makes you say you "understand" this - what gives you the understanding???

Diehard Si

They strike me as being some shadowy organisation like you'd see in some American drama. The type that does whatever it takes to get what they want.

John_Silletts_Nose

What sort of investors would be involved in a secretive hedgefund with a complex structure involving offshore companies?

OldSkyBlue58 - do you know more?

SkyblueBazza

This is a good post.
As Sepalla is quoted as saying,
“I’m not one for publicity and I do not care what people — beyond my investors and my family — think of me,”
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/8379-SISU-quot-Queen-of-Debt-quot-2005-Article

I think the best approach is to identify who are the SISU Capital investors and directly communicate with them to point out that the spin which they are receiving from SISU is not truely reflecting the danger that their investment ha of losing money. As she has publicly stated she will listen to her investors so we as fans should target them.

I see that gives the directors at that time & Take Over Panel members by the looks...but you'd struggle to find out who the actual investors are. If they are those of a certain ilk I imagine they will be almost constantly aware of the value & risk to their investment.

SkyblueBazza

What sort of investors would be involved in a secretive hedgefund with a complex structure involving offshore companies?

OldSkyBlue58 - do you know more?

It doesn't take too much thinking really. Shady company in a shady industry operating within laws tailor-made for them. International scamming really it seems.

wingy

I see that gives the directors at that time & Take Over Panel members by the looks...but you'd struggle to find out who the actual investors are. If they are those of a certain ilk I imagine they will be almost constantly aware of the value & risk to their investment.

One is the Pennsylvania State University Pension fund ,Headed up IIRC by the Senior member in the Huntsman Family .

dongonzalos

Distressed Debt and the Secret World Of SISU

So where does the SISU money originate, well when you find out please let us all know.
Whether its SISU Capital Fund Limited, SISU Capital Fund Limited 11, SISU Capital Fund LP, Arvo Master Fund Limited, or other connected entities such as AdMat Holdings LLC, Huntsman Materials Holdings LLC (where funnily enough SISU Capital Limited acts as Investment Manager for Beneficial Owners (now where I have heard that before), the SISU world is far from clear.

SISU’s interests spread far, they operate in areas where reputations for the secretive money management is well known, Nigeria, South Africa, Cyprus, Luxembourg, the Far East and Salt Lake City, yes Salt Lake City.

SISU’s CEO is well connected, through her Wharton University of Pennsylvania, to ex an ex US Ambassador and Governor, and furthermore holds a Board Position on the Code Committee of the Take Over Panel, not bad for a person who was once described by an eminent Judge when SISU Fund Limited sought to overturn a Company Voluntary Agreement on the basis that they claimed was “unfairly prejudicial” to their interests.
In his judgment, Mr Justice Warren produced a structural diagram of the various companies involved which showed that it too was a complicated multi-layered cross-border undertaking. He described Sisu Company Secretary Joy Seppala as “the least satisfactory of all the witnesses”, saying: “I fear Ms Seppala has a distorted recollection of some events … and, with the benefit of hindsight, has introduced a ‘spin’ which suits the Applicants’ case. She is also prone to exaggerate – the Respondents would characterise it as lying, but I give her the benefit of the doubt on that.”

He added: “She is, I am quite sure, an astute and effective business woman. I totally reject her description of herself as naïve. I am quite sure that she was closely involved in developments as the representative of SISU as a Committee Creditor” ([2005] EWHC 2170 (Ch)).

The distressed debt world can be a very dark place, where answers are few and transparency as rare as a good Football Club CEO. However as obvious as SISU’s influential contacts may be , there are many more dubious relationships linked to such companies as Vantis. www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...emands-HMRC-probes-2bn-film-tax-loophole.html. Enter Mr Ken Dulieu, from 2002 to 2010, he acted as non executive Director and chair of the Remuneration and Nominations Committees of previously Alternative Investment Market listed Vantis plc, an accountancy and financial services business.

Now how does the Football League view Fit and Proper, and how will they view the manipulated CCFC Limited’s accounts, and what about the Auditors BDO, where are they in this sorry state of affairs, surely any Auditor worth their “Salt”, would have cleared their name by now? So what does that say? Then there are the Joint Administrators led by Mr Paul Appleton, why has he not pursued a court order demanding information be provided, its just not good enough for him to state, “Indeed, there is still information outstanding which, despite repeated pleas and requests, has not been presented. This has hardly helped clarify a confusing state of affairs dating back some 20 years”

This week I feel will be the beginning of the end, one result will provide justice for those patient supporters who have been through so very much, the other will expose the Football League to extensive criticism which will go the heart of government, remember:-
“Players, Managers, Directors, even Grandstands come and go, but supporters always remain”.

Still find one part of this post intriguing ....

wingy

How do you know this to be true?
Do you have a link?

I have read but don't have the link .but she is listed as something big in "The Huntsman Corporation ".The John Huntsman of her own Generation is a member of Congress .His significantly wealthy father who I think has also been a politician is something very high in The Pennsylvania State University programme ,That I believe is how that fund has landed in her lap .It was definitely linked to us on here at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread