Distress (1 Viewer)

SIR ERNIE

The practice of pressurising or distressing struggling businesses into submission, picking up the pieces for a pittance and turning a handsome profit is we hear, a familiar strategy for SISU.

In a fight to the death between a vicious bloodthirsty aggressor and an injured, weakened opponent there can only be one winner. SISU are good at that.

I'd say that’s how our Joy saw this one.

But that’s not how it’s turning out in my opinion.

She overlooked the fact that it’s not a one-on-one fight. There’s a third force, more powerful than she ever imagined possible.

The fans. She didn't 'factor in' the love supporters have for their club.

And I would say that just 2 months after our Joy pulled what she believed to be her master stroke by moving to Northampton, the most distressed of the three parties is SISU.

And that’s due to the fans.

Sweet.

NOPM. SISU are desperate.

letsallsingtogether

Well said, she or her cronies would not listen to us the fans and at the end of the day have caused there own demise.

I cannot really see a way back from this disaster as long as they keep believing that what they are doing is right.

Nick

Administrator
Fight to the death, I reckon in the centre circle just some bare knuckle boxing?

terryhallsboots

The practice of pressurising or distressing struggling businesses into submission, picking up the pieces for a pittance and turning a handsome profit is we hear, a familiar strategy for SISU.

In a fight to the death between a vicious bloodthirsty aggressor and an injured, weakened opponent there can only be one winner. SISU are good at that.

She overlooked the fact that it’s not a one-on-one fight. There’s a third force, more powerful than she ever imagined possible.

And I would say that just 2 months after our Joy pulled what she believed to be her master stroke by moving to Northampton, the most distressed of the three parties is SISU.

Sweet.

Oh great. Another 'Sisu are a bunch of wankers' thread. How novel?

RPHunt

Well said Sir Ernie.

Thankfully, most of the fans do not have the morals of sewer rats and are not prepared to back SISU.

Grendel

Well said Sir Ernie.

Thankfully, most of the fans do not have the morals of sewer rats and are not prepared to back SISU.

Actually if they did gain control of the Ricoh by distressing ACL and the charity and then embarked on a colossal spending spree which found the club back in the premiership everyone would back them. Success defines the barometer of morality.

skybluetony176

Actually if they did gain control of the Ricoh by distressing ACL and the charity and then embarked on a colossal spending spree which found the club back in the premiership everyone would back them. Success defines the barometer of morality.

and the chances of that happening are? especially that bit about the spending spree to get us back in the premiership, classic.

bigfatronssba

Samo

Sweet.

Oh dear

lifelongcityfan

more chance of grendel never posting again !!

What planet do you live on or are you sane?

J

Jack Griffin

Fight to the death, I reckon in the centre circle just some bare knuckle boxing?

Believe it or not that is the way I described it to some of my friends during close season in summer 2012(without the bare knuckle part OFC), I'm under no illusions as to how this will end. One or other party in the dispute will cave in & I'm hoping it is SISU.

Last edited by a moderator:

georgehudson

not really thought out that well grendel,
sisu, spending millions,
yeah that'd be born about by their retention of;
Westwood, Schmeichel, Keogh, Turner, Dann, Fox, Tabb, Gunnarsson, Cork, Clingan, Henderson, Bigirimana, Van Arholt, Norwood, Nimeley, Best, King, Jieuwkowicz, etc., etc.,
ooh sorry didn't mention Dulieu on the bench,
fit & proper owners ?
definitely not in my opinion,
still Timmy will be trying vainly to put some bovine dung out there for the gullible to swallow,
OUR CLUB,
PUSB

swisstony

Never ever saw myself agreeing with grendell (no offence)
But there is nothing more fickle than a football supporter!!@!!
2 years and back into the premiership all would be forgiven!!!!!
That is a fact ....
Man Utd are the current prem champions......
Most of their fans hate them .!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Can't help but agree with this. Plenty of people including myself had huge reservations about SISU when they took over, knowing what Hedge Funds are; but when they were signing the likes of Fox, Dann and Westwood, the concerns were neutralised. Do Chelsea fans care where Roman got his Roubles from? Course not. The difference with us I suppose is that the Ranson master-plan of speculating to accumulate is utterly alien to the nature of Hedge Funds, so that was never going to last without almost instant success. It's even more unlikely now that they'd return to such a policy, and Pressley wasn't brought in to do that, he was brought in to develop youngsters and get the maximum possible out of players-which he's doing.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

NLHWC....It's not the fact that SISU signed Dann, Fox, and Westwood. It's the fact they SOLD Dann and Fox very shortly after buying them. They also Disrespected Westwood into "Seeing out" his contract at the City. You rightly said Ranson had the "Speculate to accumulate" policy. Such a pity SISU let themselves down by not following it through.

stupot07

not really thought out that well grendel,
sisu, spending millions,
yeah that'd be born about by their retention of;
Westwood, Schmeichel, Keogh, Turner, Dann, Fox, Tabb, Gunnarsson,Cork, Clingan, Henderson, Bigirimana, Van Arholt, Norwood, Nimeley, Best, King, Jieuwkowicz, etc., etc.,
ooh sorry didn't mention Dulieu on the bench,
fit & proper owners ?
definitely not in my opinion,
still Timmy will be trying vainly to put some bovine dung out there for the gullible to swallow,
OUR CLUB,
PUSB
Why are you including loan players in the complaining about the lack of 'retention'? They weren't our players to retain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Kid

@ stupot07.....All of those loan players, with the exception of Van Anholt(At that time), were available to buy, but SISU turned their back on them.

Grendel

@ stupot07.....All of those loan players, with the exception of Van Anholt(At that time), were available to buy, but SISU turned their back on them.

No they weren't. Spregia said Henderson wasn't and he was injured from march anyway.

covcity4life

put them in the crossface chicken wing

19940919_backlund.jpg

Sky Blue Kid

As usual Grenduffy...you make statements but don't back them up. Nowhere, can it be found that Sunderland wouldn't sell Henderson. I haven't found a denial from either SISU or Sunderland to my previous post.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Got to be honest I am sure I remember reading an article in which Spragia said Henderson was being sent out on loan for experience and that Sunderland had high hopes for him for future at Sunderland. Cant find article though and dont have time to today. Could be wrong of course

But as usual one side says one thing another says the opposite. There have been a lot of things said at CCFC doesn't mean they were capable of being achieved.........

how soon after finishing his loan did he leave Sunderland for a massive fee and probably equally massive salary. Had a season playing in premiership with Sunderland then went to Liverpool didn't he why would the player have come to us?

John_Silletts_Nose

This makes a lot of sense and the Man United example which was quoted is a good example of how it looks if the team are successful but the owners are despised due to the debt leveraged against the club. The Glazers do have other sporting franchises and know how to make money from them, SISU are a hedgefund so running a football club was not their core competency.

SISU have deep pockets and can last out -the question is when will they say that it's not worth the effort and having the fans annoying them.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
SISU can probably last out for quite a while but it seems to me that the tactics depend on ACL running out of cash because the football team isnt there................ is that the case though?

mark_ccfc

This is a very true statement. I would love SISU if they did this. Doing something beneficial for Coventry City would make the fans like them. I think we are stating the obvious here really.

However having seen SISU operate for the last 5 or 6 years I know very well they wouldn't go on a colossal spending spree to get the club back to the premiership hence most Coventry fans hate them. I think you know that too, so I can only conclude that your comments are designed to wind people up.

Moff

Got to be honest I am sure I remember reading an article in which Spragia said Henderson was being sent out on loan for experience and that Sunderland had high hopes for him for future at Sunderland. Cant find article though and dont have time to today. Could be wrong of course

But as usual one side says one thing another says the opposite. There have been a lot of things said at CCFC doesn't mean they were capable of being achieved.........

how soon after finishing his loan did he leave Sunderland for a massive fee and probably equally massive salary. Had a season playing in premiership with Sunderland then went to Liverpool didn't he why would the player have come to us?

I just read the article. He was sent out on loan for experience, and they were happy with his development as they had high hopes for him for the future.
He had just signed a contract with Sunderalnd prior to coming to us.

Sky Blue Kid

@ OSB58......I'm talking prior to Liverpool signing him mate.....................Coventry City loan In January 2009, Jordan Henderson joined Championship club Coventry City on a month-long loan deal.[4] He made his Coventry debut in a 2–1 defeat to Derby County.[5] On 23 February 2009, it was announced that Henderson's loan to Coventry would be extended until the end of the season.[6] "I'm extending my contract here until the end of the season so hopefully we can get that sorted soon", Henderson told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. "I'm over the moon playing first-team football for Coventry City who are flying at the minute" he added. Henderson scored the first senior goal of his career on 28 February 2009, against Norwich City.[7] While on loan at Coventry, Henderson fractured the fifth metatarsal bone in his foot and returned to Sunderland on 8 April 2009.[8]........................Now, that says to me he loved it at CCFC. and IMHO would have signed a deal for us.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Moff....He signed his Sunderland contract on July 1st 2008, and joined CCFC on loan in January 2009....Hardly "Just signed for Sunderland" That's a good 7 months after. Henderson joined Liverpool on 9th June 2011 Over 2 years after CCFC. According to fans who spoke to him regularly, he would have stayed at CCFC at that time.

fernandopartridge

You're not singing the correct tune osb so you've not had your usual multiple likes.

fernandopartridge

@ OSB58......I'm talking prior to Liverpool signing him mate.....................Coventry City loan In January 2009, Jordan Henderson joined Championship club Coventry City on a month-long loan deal.[4] He made his Coventry debut in a 2–1 defeat to Derby County.[5] On 23 February 2009, it was announced that Henderson's loan to Coventry would be extended until the end of the season.[6] "I'm extending my contract here until the end of the season so hopefully we can get that sorted soon", Henderson told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire. "I'm over the moon playing first-team football for Coventry City who are flying at the minute" he added. Henderson scored the first senior goal of his career on 28 February 2009, against Norwich City.[7] While on loan at Coventry, Henderson fractured the fifth metatarsal bone in his foot and returned to Sunderland on 8 April 2009.[8]........................Now, that says to me he loved it at CCFC. and IMHO would have signed a deal for us.

It is irrelevant whether he would have signed a deal. His club wouldn't. Hence why they'd signed him on a long term contract the season before.

Users who are viewing this thread