Disruption (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Not saying I would have the balls to do it personally or that it is something that should be organised but someone on another thread has hit the proverbial nail on the head.

The only thing the football league are interested in is completing fixtures so isn't it therefore obvious what sort of protest is required to make them take act?

Feel pretty sure that teams like Leeds and milwall would not put up with what 90% of our support have this season

hill83

They would have no hesitation to kick us out of the league. They already believe they are doing us a favour by temporarily allowing us to play in Northampton to fulfil our fuxtures.

Sky Blue Pete

I think that's a very fair comment. Would just ask about when you refer to us, you mean CCfc rather than the fans?

simple_simon

They would have no hesitation to kick us out of the league. They already believe they are doing us a favour by temporarily allowing us to play in Northampton to fulfil our fuxtures.

They could never throw us out of any league for stopping a game being played, the very worse would be a fine to our owners.
However,neither way what have we got to loose, we are almost dead as Coventry City, let's go out of existence with some sort of fight.

Last edited:

simple_simon

Not saying I would have the balls to do it personally or that it is something that should be organised but someone on another thread has hit the proverbial nail on the head.

The only thing the football league are interested in is completing fixtures so isn't it therefore obvious what sort of protest is required to make them take act?

Feel pretty sure that teams like Leeds and milwall would not put up with what 90% of our support have this season

I agree with you Pete, we must do something major, the issue we have is that as soon as we go public with our plan we would get visits from the police and legal letters from SISU.

Last edited:

hill83

I think that's a very fair comment. Would just ask about when you refer to us, you mean CCfc rather than the fans?

I meant both really. But I suppose it's the club more than anything. Nobody really cares about the fans other than the fans.

hill83

They could never throw us out of any league for stopping a game being played, they very worse would be a fine to our owners.
However,neither way what have we got to loose, we are almost dead as Coventry City, let's go out of existence with some sort of fight.

I didn't mean instantly after one game. But a sustained protest could lead to that. Point deductions, games played behind closed doors, none of it helping in my opinion.
They already know what we think. And like has been said, all they are bothered about is the club fulfilling fixtures. That won't change.

jesus-wept

Wouldn't work and these days of cctv our owners would make sure everyone on the pitch would be identified and brought to book just look at their attitude to one guy walking on the pitch at the Arsenal match. One avenue that hasn't been fully explored in my opinion is the Northampton one, trying to get their fans to rise up and protest about us being there after this season is a possibility especially as they could be non-league by then. Their chairman isn't too popular with them I believe and I think he has opposition in the boardroom too.

Flying Fokker

I think my contribution is as far as I would go to make a point. Stay away.

Expulsion would be an easy get out for The League wouldn't it.

No support from the 91 clubs. (Most of whom are ambivalent anyway).

skybluelee

Wouldn't work and these days of cctv our owners would make sure everyone on the pitch would be identified and brought to book just look at their attitude to one guy walking on the pitch at the Arsenal match. One avenue that hasn't been fully explored in my opinion is the Northampton one, trying to get their fans to rise up and protest about us being there after this season is a possibility especially as they could be non-league by then. Their chairman isn't too popular with them I believe and I think he has opposition in the boardroom too.

Trouble is that if they go down they will need sisu's rent money more than ever.

MichaelCCFC

'Internet trolls so cowardly they don't even use their real names encourage others to get banning orders, fines, or worse'. Classic

simple_simon

Interesting.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I hate how Leeds and Millwall are continually brought up as examples of people who apparently wouldn't allow this kind of thing to happen, as if theirs is a noble history of doing what is right.

Covcraig@bury

Agree, something big needs doing.to make a massive impact of a game we need to get as many fans on the pitch as stewards would not be able to cope. Fill shitfields to the max for this one off. Just a thought !!

SkyblueBazza

The FL could just ban CCFC fans from all matches as a result though = more losses to be covered = less attractive purchase

PUSB

dadgad

The moral argument tho' has been established.
Every man and his dog recognises that Ccfc should be in Coventry, nowhere else.
The longer this farce continues the more likely it is that some quirk of fixtures, postponements, cup matches, etc. Lead to the position being untenable.
Imagine for instance both teams were still in cup comps with a succession of home draws.
A riot then and the FL would have nowhere to turn.
The FL will soon face having to recognise that Sisu have no intention of building a new ground,
What then?

Hobo

Demonstration must be done sensibly. We are Football Fans...that means regardless of who you are you are one step away from being called a hooligan.

As Hill rightly states the FL in their eyes are already doing us a favour by playing at Northampton.

We have to convince people that is wrong. Riots disorder anything that can be classed as slightly lawless will undermine our case and rapidly loose us valuable support.

Visual protest, written protest and spoken protest are the way forward. Keep faith and do not give up. Also there are other clubs with problems around ownership and identity. They need our support as much as they need ours.

If we can argue it is about Football Fans, rather than just a club we will get more support.

mark82

I actually agree this is the only thing that could make a difference. If we packed sixfields then all moved onto the pitch and sat down an hour or so prior to kick off, or before any players are out there, sat down and refused to move until the point the fixture had to be abandoned. Would have to be done on a high impact date, such as last home game of the season. I doubt the FL/FA would ban all fans for a long period, probably a few games. A price worth paying if it works.

As someone has pointed out already, the difficulty comes in organising it without authorities knowing.

dadgad

The authorities will run out of excuses soon. This is why with the campaign increasingly garnering support from neutrals this eventually will bite their arse.
Just a matter of time.

letsallsingtogether

Yes because we all thought it would be only for a few games the more it goes on, the more that will join in the protests.

The authorities will run out of excuses soon. This is why with the campaign increasingly garnering support from neutrals this eventually will bite their arse.
Just a matter of time.

Ashdown1

I actually agree this is the only thing that could make a difference. If we packed sixfields then all moved onto the pitch and sat down an hour or so prior to kick off, or before any players are out there, sat down and refused to move until the point the fixture had to be abandoned. Would have to be done on a high impact date, such as last home game of the season. I doubt the FL/FA would ban all fans for a long period, probably a few games. A price worth paying if it works.

As someone has pointed out already, the difficulty comes in organising it without authorities knowing.

This might sound ridiculous and I'm not destroying your idea but there would have to be some sympathy to the away fans on the day, if they have travelled at considerable expense to have the game abandoned from the off. Somehow or another it would have to be communicated to them not to bother coming !

Covcraig@bury

Let's just do it, the FL/FA have abandoned us, we're on our own. Shit and bust. . They have let us down , we are not premier just a no body in there eyes. . Do they really give a fuck ? NO . So let's go out fighting and let them all know we are Coventry City and we belong in Coventry . PUSB

dadgad

It is clear that the FA only support the clubs and have zero interest in supporting the fans or upholding principles enshrined within the traditions if the game.
They're superficiality has to be exposed - they are a sham

Skyblueweeman

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Sorry about that. Not directed at you Hill83.

WM

Users who are viewing this thread