Disgusting sign of the times we live in. (1 Viewer)

hotrod

Hi Guys

Not long returned from trip into the City centre, went into Wilkos and was appalled to see that on each checkout there was a charity collection tin, EACH ONE CHAINED TO A SECURE POINT on the checkout.

Regards.

Gazolba

What about the pens at the bank, all attached by a chain.
Some people even lock their doors at night.

ajsccfc

Charity begins at home, which is where I keep my growing pile of nicked collection tins and little pens from the bookies

In Argos they've replaced the little pens with pencils now. Broken Britain.

olderskyblue

They said you could leave your back door open in the 60's as it was that safe.My parents tried it and we got burgled !

Grew up in Wood End. You could leave your doors open back in the day, and never a problem. Mind you, the only thing any thieves would have got is practice.... :emoji_grin:

bringbackrattles

Grew up in Wood End. You could leave your doors open back in the day, and never a problem. Mind you, the only thing any thieves would have got is practice.... :emoji_grin:
We lived in Walsgrave and it was peaceful and crime free. But still got burgled. My dad put barbed wire on the fence but the police told him to take it down ,so even in the 60's there were health and safety rules. We didn't have much to steal so they must have been desperate !

Users who are viewing this thread