Disgruntled Players? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueRuffian

Who are they??

MR has stated there are some current players who when not picked are having a good old moan and need to grow up, who’s he talking about??
I know both DKE’d need to grow up, but that’s a different story!!

mark82

Surely moaning at getting dropped isn't going to get you back in the team, pretty sure my reaction to that would be to leave them out the team until they're willing to prove they'll work hard to win their place back.

oucho

Maybe O'Brien who would have expected to be first choice all season

Grendel

Haynes will be one - wasn’t even on the bench for Saturday

Brighton Sky Blue

Are we at banishment levels of discontent yet?

th

steve82

We can only speculate but I'd imagine Ben Stevenson is one. He's only started 2 league games and appeared as sub 3 times in the league only.

Im sure when Kelly got injured he thought he'd get a run however he was poor in both starts this season and dropped after his reappearance at in the side at Morecambe and Bayliss was given a surprise start and been ever present since limiting Stevenson to just 8 minutes since Bayliss came into the side.

Stevenson did play v Boreham Wood and had 27 minutes in the cup v Stoke. He has to be No1 for sure.

Stuart Beavon maybe the other one, I doubt it but he may be unhappy with the amount of game time he's got when Biamou was in his drought.

Mr Panda

Was this a specific question that raised this response, does anyone know?

Strange to just mention disgruntled players in the media and possibly risk further disgruntlement. Why not just keep it on the training ground?

wingy

It's a bit naughty of MR this,without naming names he's encouraged a load of finger pointing.
I much prefer a bit of self instigated blind intuition, so I'll go with Macdonald relating to that odd injury and the signing of Davies and now finding himself out.
Baseless conjecture of the highest.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

I think this will be pretty obvious who.. If there are some disgruntled....I would think it's...

1) Liam obrian, Burge has had a couple of howlers. Maybe he feels he deserves another chance?

2) Strikers Stuart Beavon and JP, are probably wondering why Biamou has been given so many chances.

3) Rod McDonald definately would think he would be aggrieved as he doesn't deserve to be dropped on his seasons performance to date. Problem is unlike strikers you can't really rotate defenders so I'm afraid while Davies has done really well he has to bide his time.

Other than those three or four I don't think anyone can possibly justify on performances to date this season they deserve to replace the incumbent who has taken their place.

It's a team game, they all had their chances. Team is doing well, so if they don't like it or like MRs decisions they can just get lost.

Sky Blue Harry H

We're on a fairly good run, but players should be patient as we're bound to pick up the odd injury/suspension. I'll jinx it now, but this has got to be one of the better seasons re: suspensions/red cards ? Off topic - Morecambe equaliser v Newport !!!!!!

skybluegod

We're on a fairly good run, but players should be patient as we're bound to pick up the odd injury/suspension. I'll jinx it now, but this has got to be one of the better seasons re: suspensions/red cards ? Off topic - Morecambe equaliser v Newport !!!!!!

In terms of suspensions yes... but in terms of injuries we have had a pretty shocking year again.

Winny the Bish

One potential player that hasn't been mentioned: Dom Hyam. 4 league appearances all season.

Apart from him, could see Haynes as one seeing as he was dropped from the squad on Saturday. Beavon doubtful because of how he asked to play for the U23's, doesn't seem like that type of guy.

Brighton Sky Blue

He looks livid!

Even his biggest critics couldn't fault him for commitment to the club. That defeat pissed him off and it pissed him off more that players at that time didn't seem to care as much.

It's good now that most of the squad has the hunger to be annoyed at not playing. If we had more of it last season we wouldn't be in this joke of a league.

SkyBlueRuffian

We’ve got Stokes with Camwell waiting in the wings, so Haynes can do one.

And I reckon Stevenson will be sold, as Baylis and Shipley have overtaken him.

Any other moaners can go on loan to Nuneaton!!

steve82

Haynes will definitely be one, remember his tweet last year when we bought Lewis Page in.

I don't actually believe Haynes would be one, he's had a little run in the side recently and Stokes claimed not so long ago that the pair are good mates and enjoy the competition.

I also think Haynes is ahead of Camwell given he's since had his arse handed to himself in the Birmingham senior cup by non league players so further development is required.

Gosford Green

One is Haynes definitely, since the talk of him leaving last January he actually thinks he is quite good. The other I guess at McDonald, a £500k move to the championship mentioned then the next minute he can not get into the starting 11 of a L2 outfit.

Ego and an arsehole, every player has both.

Nick

Administrator
McDonald went out of the team when his wife gave birth and he was injured, he has only been on the bench the last couple of games.

steve82

I'd put money on it's not Haynes or Mcdonald both have played parts and Mcdonald will bide his time I'm sure and can see the job Willis and Davies are doing currently and understand his exclusion.

My each way money is on Camwell

Stevenson is my 1/3 odds on favourite. Agent likely pushing it too and making noise to get a more realistic cut price transfer this window for his player.

JWC

One is Haynes definitely, since the talk of him leaving last January he actually thinks he is quite good. The other I guess at McDonald, a £500k move to the championship mentioned then the next minute he can not get into the starting 11 of a L2 outfit.

Ego and an arsehole, every player has both.

Haha, this thread is nonsense. Definitely Haynes is it? Stevenson definitely seems like the moaning type too. FFS.

Why are we always looking to offload and demonise players ? What's the point?

Users who are viewing this thread