Disallowed goal... (1 Viewer)

ps1948

I know it made no difference to the outcome, but has anyone seen a replay of our disallowed goal, and if so, was it the right decision? From where I was I thought it looked like a good, well-worked goal, but the linesman was flagging for it very early.

The same linesman who didn't see any of the fouls on Baker by Assou-Ekotto.......

ohitsaidwalker king power

I haven't and like you thought that he was onside. Equally we thought yesterday from behind the goal that Spurs first and second goals were offside.. but on viewing the replay neither were...
I guess my Sky Blues spectacles need a clean?

theferret

Standing at the back of the lower tier, I could see through the blinds into a function room behind where I could see the TVs. Showed a replay straight after the incident and looked clearly onside.

deanocity3

I haven't and like you thought that he was onside. Equally we thought yesterday from behind the goal that Spurs first and second goals were offside.. but on viewing the replay neither were...
I guess my Sky Blues spectacles need a clean?

we were a flat footed and left ball watching.thought we could have done better with dempsey's headed goal as it travelled a good distance.

wingy

Thought Baker maybe could have coped there Murphy definately was hoping so having just acknowlegded his positioning IIRC.

Bagsy

ITV didn't show it in their appalling highlight show. Sometimes it seems that the football highlights are a inconvenience to the adverts! Should be on the BBC.

Oh and for the goal, to me it looked onside, but been behind the goal, it's not exactly the best view/angle!

wingy

ITV didn't show it in their appalling highlight show. Sometimes it seems that the football highlights are a inconvenience to the adverts! Should be on the BBC.

Oh and for the goal, to me it looked onside, but been behind the goal, it's not exactly the best view/angle!

I'm assuming it was against thomas ,I just could'nt see how he had been with the time the ball was in the air and the speed at which he got to it.:confused:

I was right next to the goal and i saw it perfectly, it was a clear goal. No offiside, no foul, it was a goal. And ITV didnt even show it on the highlights. How biased is that?

Couldn't tell from behind the goal. Quickly scanned through the 20 minute highlights on Sky Blue Player to find it and it doesn't even seem to be on there either!

Bale's goal definitely onside and Dempsey's first is hard to tell as the camera view is at an angle. It seemed to me that for the Dempsey header, Bailey would have been more suited to make a clearance as he was back tracking towards the goal line, but Baker jumped diagonally in front of him and blocked his view. Think the wrong man went for it.

covey1987

From where we were I thought Thomas's run was timed spot on and he was onside but would like to see it again. For Dempsey's second we could clearly hear Baker call for the ball then miss it!!!

CovMatt1987

I was walking away saying I wanted to see a replay on it, but didnt even bother watching ITV's highlights because I knew they wouldnt show it!

I had about as good a view as you could have got in the city end, considering we were behind the goal (I was down on the far right hand side as e were looking on to the pitch) and could see across the line. It didnt look offside to me. Really well worked goal as well. What makes me even more certain he was onside is as soon as the little ball through was played I thought he was never going to get it, but he just surged past the defender and cut it back.

I know it wouldnt have changed the result but i thought the City fans deserved a goal that day

Users who are viewing this thread