Dion's podcast (1 Viewer)

AlansEyes

Anyone given Dion's new podcast a listen? Strachan is the guest on episode 2. Its surface level stories rather than anything that digs into their time here, but some nice stories anyway. I enjoyed hearing how Strachan would spend hours setting up training for Big Ron to 'ruin it' by strolling in late and deciding to have an 8 a side (in which he played) instead.

Speaking of Big Ron (and for those who can't be bothered to listen through the whole podcast), they also said that in those 8 a sides he would make the team guess which famous player he was playing as that day. On one day he said to Strachan, 'I was out late last night, I'm tired, I can't run, can't tackle, my touch has gone...so today I'm going to be David Rennie.' Made me smile.

I can't seem to link it here but Dion has tweeted about it, so you can find the link there easy enough. It's called The Gaffer Tapes.

Adge

Yep-decent listen and most of it about Cov which I was surprised about.
Talks about Telfer being a stand up player/bloke rather than a decent footballer?

AlansEyes

Yep-decent listen and most of it about Cov which I was surprised about.
Talks about Telfer being a stand up player/bloke rather than a decent footballer?
No surprise given he took Telfer, Paul Williams and Garry Pendry to several clubs that Strachan opted for blokes he liked over talent.

mr_monkey

No surprise given he took Telfer, Paul Williams and Garry Pendry to several clubs that Strachan opted for blokes he liked over talent.

Wasn't telfer with Strachan's daughter at some point or is that just and urban myth as to why he always played even though he was utter dogshite

cc84cov

Wasn't telfer with Strachan's daughter at some point or is that just and urban myth as to why he always played even though he was utter dogshite
Im sure I read Huckerby tried to get into Telfer‘a wife,found it bizarre how much Telfer followed him around lining up against AC Milan with ronaldinho in the champions league was unbelievable,later on I heard Telfer & Strachan player golf together probably why he went everywhere with him.

We play football still now and as soon as someone fucks up its “oh go on then Telfer” 🤣 he was utter shit had a great leap on him tho 😝

Skybluemichael

I wouldn’t have thought so she was a year below me at school she would have been about 13/14 at his time at cov,

Travs

Telfer started poorly and took some terrible abuse from the boo-boys.

But in that really good period we had, i think it's massively ignored how effective he was... did a lot of "dirty work" which allowed players with arguably more technical ability to play.

Underrated.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Listened to it earlier today , would of liked to have heard a bit more about their time at City though

Adge

Im sure I read Huckerby tried to get into Telfer‘a wife,found it bizarre how much Telfer followed him around lining up against AC Milan with ronaldinho in the champions league was unbelievable,later on I heard Telfer & Strachan player golf together probably why he went everywhere with him.

We play football still now and as soon as someone fucks up its “oh go on then Telfer” 🤣 he was utter shit had a great leap on him tho 😝
Won’t be long then before he’s around tiling Strachan’s bathroom!

Greggs

The people giving Telf shit are probably the same ones wanking off over Bright Enobakhare

mr_monkey

The people giving Telf shit are probably the same ones wanking off over Bright Enobakhare

Really? "Telf" was no where near the quality we needed in the premiership and you'll find that Celtic and Southampton fans feel exactly the same about his time there, a nice guy and tried hard but the quality just wasn't there unfortunately but he must have had something with wee Gordon as he played him everywhere he went

Greggs

Really? "Telf" was no where near the quality we needed in the premiership and you'll find that Celtic and Southampton fans feel exactly the same about his time there, a nice guy and tried hard but the quality just wasn't there unfortunately but he must have had something with wee Gordon as he played him everywhere he went
because a fan's opinion far outweighs that of a professional football manager

LastGarrison

Will have a listen, thanks.

Been listening to Quickly Kevin 90’s Football, that’s a laugh.
Listened to the Richard Shaw one earlier and it was decent and he loved his time with us. He also mentioned Big Ron ruining all Strachan’s training.

Came across as a real good guy.

Tommo1993

Listened to the Richard Shaw one earlier and it was decent and he loved his time with us. He also mentioned Big Ron ruining all Strachan’s training.

Came across as a real good guy.

Merson and Le Tissier episodes were funny. Bobby Gould had one too. I’ve got too much time in the lorry, I get through them.

Users who are viewing this thread