Dion Dublin - Sky Blues are in complete disarray (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Best player in a city shirt in my era without a doubt. Yes wasn't happy with him moving but how many more have jumped ship since then. The fact that he is so hated proves how quality the player was.

Nonleagueherewecome

Best player in a city shirt in my era without a doubt. Yes wasn't happy with him moving but how many more have jumped ship since then. The fact that he is so hated proves how quality the player was.

Making our best ever player...Craig Bellamy!

Moff

I thought Big Ron has mentioned his extensive appendage?

Yes another telegraph exclusive next week, Dion Dublin 'Was mine the biggest cock ever at Coventry City'

This would be followed the next day by telegraph exclusive, 'Joy Seppalla reveals her cock is the biggest'

Joy goes into intimate detail about how her cock Tim Fisher is the biggest thats ever been at the club.

Nonleagueherewecome

At least it isn't General Disarray from South Park...then we'd be for it.

WestEndAgro

He cannot be described as a legend in my opinion, he was absolute class.and probably one of the greatest ever to play for us, and yes deserved the high wage, but like many others have said, the way in which he left us to join the Vile, is inexcusable. Any chance of being described as a Sky Blue legend disappeared the day he signed for them !

And I don't care how many years ago it happened "SHIT STICKS"

The finest player I have seen in a City shirt.

Finest players for me were Tommy Hutchison and Colin Stein - my God, when they were in form, wow :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

hutch1972

He cannot be described as a legend in my opinion, he was absolute class.and probably one of the greatest ever to play for us, and yes deserved the high wage, but like many others have said, the way in which he left us to join the Vile, is inexcusable. Any chance of being described as a Sky Blue legend disappeared the day he signed for them !

And I don't care how many years ago it happened "SHIT STICKS"

He only asked for 20k because he thought we wouldn't pay it , when they broke the wage structure he upped it to 25k .
He was only paid that for a very short time anyway.
Great player for us but refusing to play v luton was out of order and thats what a lot of people remember.

hatchett87

Bought for £2m fantastic service great player and sold for in excess of £5m. He moved on, it's football.

Legend & hero. The finest player I have seen in a City shirt.

If you are unable to forgive after all of this time, then it says a lot more about you than him.

Not a regular player when we took a gamble on signing him, the club then turned him into an England squad player and one of the best in the league. I'd say the club did pretty well for him; then he refused to play for us.

I can't fault him at all when he did play; he was quality.

Amazing player,fantastic goalscorer who pretty much single handedly kept us up for a few seasons.
We're so far away from his quality now days its laughable.

jesus-wept

Not a regular player when we took a gamble on signing him, the club then turned him into an England squad player and one of the best in the league. I'd say the club did pretty well for him; then he refused to play for us.

You are missing some vital facts and these are the absolute facts. Yes Dion signed a new contract for us. Within a month of, that being signed he was hawked to Blackburn Rovers by that slime ball Mr Richardson, a fee of over £6million was muted. Richardson had overlooked a clause in Dublin's contract saying if a fee over 5million was offered the player would be allowed to talk to the interested party. Finding out Richardson's attempt to sell him to Blackburn DDs agent alerted Aston Villa who famously bid £5000001 and got their man. Richardson's actions cost us a million quid and a star player which possibly led to our relegation. Why our fans are on DDs case over this is a joke to be honest. I know Dion and he was very happy here and continued to be a top player for a few years at Villa and Norwich

torchomatic

Actually, what I think it says about "me" is: thanks for the memories, you were a great player, it's a shame you showed such a lack of respect for the very people who paid your massive salary. You were a hero but at the end you didn't act like one.

Respect is a two-way thing, Rob. He certainly did all right out of Coventry City, we shouldn't forget that,

If you are unable to forgive after all of this time, then it says a lot more about you than him.

Blue Maniac

You are missing some vital facts and these are the absolute facts. Yes Dion signed a new contract for us. Within a month of, that being signed he was hawked to Blackburn Rovers by that slime ball Mr Richardson, a fee of over £6million was muted. Richardson had overlooked a clause in Dublin's contract saying if a fee over 5million was offered the player would be allowed to talk to the interested party. Finding out Richardson's attempt to sell him to Blackburn DDs agent alerted Aston Villa who famously bid £5000001 and got their man. Richardson's actions cost us a million quid and a star player which possibly led to our relegation. Why our fans are on DDs case over this is a joke to be honest. I know Dion and he was very happy here and continued to be a top player for a few years at Villa and Norwich
He wasn't that bad for us either. Not bad at all for an old bloke.

skybluelee

Actually, what I think it says about "me" is: thanks for the memories, you were a great player, it's a shame you showed such a lack of respect for the very people who paid your massive salary. You were a hero but at the end you didn't act like one.

Respect is a two-way thing, Rob. He certainly did all right out of Coventry City, we shouldn't forget that,

Seriously, get over it.

torchomatic

No. I and others travelled down to see him play. He refused. He showed no respect. I'll never get over it.

Seriously, get over it.

torchomatic

It's nothing to do with moving to Villa. Not for me anyway. I don't care if a player wants to better himself and get more money for him and his family. No problem with that.

It's the fact he refused to play. That is unforgivable.

RegTheDonk

Yes, it was mutually beneficial imho. We got his career going again, he banged in goals and helped keep us up.

Think it all started going wrong in the cup at Blues. A great night, but he was throw into defence when Daish (I recall?) got sent off - Dion played a flippin blinder, but ever since he was regularly told to play at the back which I assume eventually got him to throw his teddy.

If he can play up front, earn more money, and "win things" with Villa, then unfortunately thats that - to a pro footballer, its just a job.

covhead1

Ok he was a great player when he played for us.

But since then he has proven himself to be a right DICK, refusing to play for us then adding insult to injury by joining the 'vile' :jerkit:

then going on to play for 'incester' :jerkit:

Grendel

Ok he was a great player when he played for us.

But since then he has proven himself to be a right DICK, refusing to play for us then adding insult to injury by joining the 'vile' :jerkit:

then going on to play for 'incester' :jerkit:
Your right. He was my favourite player but your intelligent critical analysis has made me have a rethink.

CCFC_GT

Nice to see that Dion takes such an interest in us now and is so shocked at our current predicament that he has sussed all we need to put things right is a couple of wins in the Capital One cup, and slices of orange and a cuppa for the lads at half time :whistle:

Black6Osprey

Dion was and is a legend. A great player who saved our arse on quite a few occasions.

All this talk of respect and the way he left is crap. Respect is two way. Once we had tried to off load him to Blackburn he was quite obviously pissed off as anyone would be.

I don't blame the player, as much as it pissed me off at the time.

Sterling Archer

Been watching Cov since the early 90's and he is quite comfortably the best player we've had in my watching years. He was a class above both up front and at Centre-back.

Also, the story of his leaving isn't as black and white as some make out, Richardson was a massive bell end to Dion throughout all of it and Dion didn't actually want to leave originally until BR saw the £££ he could make from him.

Users who are viewing this thread