Dion Dublin - Sky Blues are in complete disarray (1 Viewer)

Mo Konjic

“They do have the structure with regards to the stature of the club to get it right.
“The stadium is big enough, the fan base is big enough to get it right off the field but at the moment they can’t get it right on the field.
“The club has been run terribly and the players just were not getting the results needed to climb the table so it will be difficult for Coventry.
“I’m really hoping they do OK. If they can at least get a couple of wins in the cup it could help them find their way back to somewhere near where they need to be.”

ccfcway

when Nil Lampty doing one of these articles

Also looking forward to the Sandy Robertson 4 page pull out

torchomatic

"Brilliant, they paid me £20K a week while they were £60M in debt."

torchomatic

But Pe isn't actually a real word. Unless you mean physical education or the price-to-earnings ratio?

Joy Seppela is actually an anagram of "Please Pe Joy"

Hugh Jarse

“They do have the structure with regards to the stature of the club to get it right.
“The stadium is big enough, the fan base is big enough to get it right off the field but at the moment they can’t get it right on the field.
“The club has been run terribly and the players just were not getting the results needed to climb the table so it will be difficult for Coventry.
“I’m really hoping they do OK. If they can at least get a couple of wins in the cup it could help them find their way back to somewhere near where they need to be.”

No shit Sherlock!:facepalm:

procdoc

To be fair he was an England international striker. We won't see another one of those at us for a long, long time. I hated the way Dion left us for the Vile but he is still a legend for his on-field contribution

Nonleagueherewecome

He's not wrong. At least he's a high-profile ex-player who is raising our plight in our media, so I applaud him. Still aint forgiving him refusing to play for the club when captain, though!

torchomatic

To be fair he was an England international striker. We won't see another one of those at us for a long, long time. I hated the way Dion left us for the Vile but he is still a legend for his on-field contribution

How many caps?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

rob9872

Bought for £2m fantastic service great player and sold for in excess of £5m. He moved on, it's football.

Legend & hero. The finest player I have seen in a City shirt.

If you are unable to forgive after all of this time, then it says a lot more about you than him.

Blue Maniac

Joy Seppela is actually an anagram of "Please Pe Joy"
Yes. Except it's not. Her surname, when spelt correctly, is an anagram of 'Appeals', giving us 'Joy Appeals', which is nice. You could include her middle name, Buckingfitch, but I can't think of an anagram for that.

CovMatt1987

I was a huge Dublin fan, gutted when he left but even as a fairly young guy at the time I could understand it.

fair play he is raising awareness and everything - that comment smacks of an ex player who has been asked about the club, doesnt really care too much, but has to say something. theres no actual detail in there to suggest he has looked into the plight of this club at all - and the comment about a 'couple of cup wins helping us out' is nonsense and just filler.

we need genuine voices of people who have influence who also actually care. im sorry but that statement doesnt suggest he is particularly fussed to me. he hasnt really got a clue whats going on.

CovMatt1987

Thought Id click on the link to see the source, try and give him the benefit of the doubt, see if he has taken it upon himself to bring up our troubles, etc........

but no, he was using it as a terrible way of trying to highlight the importance of the Capital one Cup (why for one second would that be particularly important to us right now?!?!)......and oh wait, he is speaking on behalf of Capital One Credit Cards.

Utter rubbish.........

SkyBlueScottie

20 k a week for a bloke was a major part in us staying up for 3 or 4 years....

8 k per week for Richard Wood which one represents the best value?

As for the way he left, its one record that we tried to sell him on countless occassions, in the end he had enough and decided to go where it suited him.

Dion was excellent for us, Torchy he won all 4 of his England caps while here.

torchomatic

No really, we were ultimately relegated, sold our own ground, had debts of £60M and moved into a ground with a massive rent we couldn't afford.

Its all relative. The League we were in ,the Gates , the losses.He must have been a cost effective investment ?

Covkid1968#

But kept us in the Premier League for so many more years than we often deserved - so £20k well spent. His goal celebtration was a bit poor mind...finger pointing in the air..lacks imagination!!

As for the way he left, its one record that we tried to sell him on countless occassions, in the end he had enough and decided to go where it suited him.

we tried to sell him? the blokes a tool. we were forced to sell him because of his refusal to play for us after being held to ransom for £25k a week. then the tosser apparently tapped up boateng who was only using us as a stepping stone. legend? couldve been and was on his way to being one. forgive and forget? not a chance

Colonel Mustard

But kept us in the Premier League for so many more years than we often deserved - so £20k well spent.

Correct. He cost £2m and was sold for £5.75m, making a near £4m surplus. Even at £20k a week he would have paid for himself over his four years at CCFC, though he didn't earn that wage for the whole tenure. A break-even playing asset who single-handedly saves you from the loss of millions of pounds from relegation? You take that every time.

His goal celebtration was a bit poor mind...finger pointing in the air..lacks imagination!!

At least it was memorable.

Chipfat

So a post about a very good ex player who states the club has been run terribly has now turned into if he was worth his wage,,,,,FFS did TF post somewhere,, talk about misdirection....Dublin was asked a question, because of his connection past and present, just like Frog, Quinn, Regis and Gould,,i for one hope they keep asking as many media people as possible issues need raising..

Also thought Dublin was worth every penny in terms of what his type were getting and would be worth a lot more today!! Andy Carrol 15mil, he could play 3 times as many games as DD and will never score as many goals..

Evo1883

Not least of all because of greedy bastards like you, Mr Dublin.
yea ,I think its a bit harsh on Dublin tbh ,he was a great striker at the city and was loved by many , he accepted a contract offered to him at the time ,he took it and gave 110% for the city scoring 61 goals for us in 145 games .

wingy

Correct. He cost £2m and was sold for £5.75m, making a near £4m surplus. Even at £20k a week he would have paid for himself over his four years at CCFC, though he didn't earn that wage for the whole tenure. A break-even playing asset who single-handedly saves you from the loss of millions of pounds from relegation? You take that every time.

At least it was memorable.

You mean someone like Marlon???:( Or of that Ilk ,at that time.

skybluelee

Bought for £2m fantastic service great player and sold for in excess of £5m. He moved on, it's football.

Legend & hero. The finest player I have seen in a City shirt.

If you are unable to forgive after all of this time, then it says a lot more about you than him.

Echo every word of that, well said.

skybluelee

yea ,I think its a bit harsh on Dublin tbh ,he was a great striker at the city and was loved by many , he accepted a contract offered to him at the time ,he took it and gave 110% for the city scoring 61 goals for us in 145 games .

Plus 11 cup goals.

An absolute joy to watch him in sky blue. Travesty that he didn't make the 98 WC squad.

Nonleagueherewecome

I've got a saucepan with a hole in the bottom that was better value than Woody!

Users who are viewing this thread