Dion Dublin in Coventry (2 Viewers)

Would you grab a pint with him if he was in your local?

• Yes

Votes: 76 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hobo

DIon was a great servant to the club and a great talent. Of course he is one of our legends.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Will ALWAYS be a legend at CCFC for me! Top man!

Sick Boy

Dublin will always be a City legend to me and I still remember his first goal away at QPR (I think?!) despite not being tall enough to see it! I've heard he isn't too keen on Cov now, not surprising after being taunting my the window lickers about breaking his neck.

rondog1973

Thoroughly decent nice bloke
Spoke to him in leamington where he plays his music and he wasps disgusted at what has happened to city
Very down to earth bloke, and he was a great city player for us.
If someone said to me which city striker stood out for you over the years he would be up there, he also could play centre half
Bloody hell! Some people just can't keep Wasps out of a thread no matter how hard they try.....

SlowerThanPlatt

Can remember him scoring a cracking volley away at I think Everton? Not sure what season though. One of the best City goals I've seen

kg82

I find it hard to hate anyone who's played for us, it takes too much energy. Craig Bellamy was a twat but it was 15 years ago and he's building hospitals for kids. Nicky Summerbee though, FUCK that guy.

Haha, I couldn't agree more about Summerbee!

Dublin on the other hand, I was gutted when he left but I didn't blame him. Met him after and he's a really nice guy, so go for the 5 a side. We looked into it for a stag do with merse and le tiss - we basically thought they'd get on it with us after!!

Grendel

Dublin was a superb player for the club.
Really in a world where we are now supposed to laud hapless performers like Carl Baker as legends people need a course on self awareness. Dublin stood up and counted for every game he competed in. The decision to exile him to centre half was ludicrous and still he retained dignity.

I came across him once in business dealings and he was, for a successful footballer, incredibly self depricating.

Any suggestion he wasn't one of the greatest and commuted footballers we witnessed at high field road is both ludicrous and disrespectful.

kg82

Dublin was a superb player for the club.
Really in a world where we are now supposed to laud hapless performers like Carl Baker as legends people need a course on self awareness. Dublin stood up and counted for every game he competed in. The decision to exile him to centre half was ludicrous and still he retained dignity.

I came across him once in business dealings and he was, for a successful footballer, incredibly self depricating.

Any suggestion he wasn't one of the greatest and commuted footballers we witnessed at high field road is both ludicrous and disrespectful.

Funny thing is, he was actually a great CB too! But better and more effective up front

johnwillomagic

Definite legend in my eyes and glad the poll result overwhelmingly reflects that......surprised no's are as high as 9% to be honest!!

rupert_bear

This story re-surfaces every now and again. Dublin signed the new contract and before the ink was dry the club accepted a bid from Blackburn and tried to shift him there, was it Richardson, McGinnity, Robinson ? certainly one of them atleast. In fairness to Dion he said he will choose where he goes can't blame him for that. Should he have played at Luton the obvious answer is yes, he could have feined an injury but was open as to the reasons and I accept them.

Otis

This story re-surfaces every now and again. Dublin signed the new contract and before the ink was dry the club accepted a bid from Blackburn and tried to shift him there, was it Richardson, McGinnity, Robinson ? certainly one of them atleast. In fairness to Dion he said he will choose where he goes can't blame him for that. Should he have played at Luton the obvious answer is yes, he could have feined an injury but was open as to the reasons and I accept them.

Yep, exactly.

Even if people are unhappy with this one moment, it is just one single moment in a fantastic career here of loyal and outstanding service.

A complete and total legend and one of our best ever players.

I love the bloke.

SkyBlueScottie

Dublin will always be a City legend to me and I still remember his first goal away at QPR (I think?!) despite not being tall enough to see it! I've heard he isn't too keen on Cov now, not surprising after being taunting my the window lickers about breaking his neck.

Only ever heard him say nice things about when us on TV. I think there may have been some resentment, however that probably dissipated when he received a tremendous response when walking around the side of the side of the pitch at the Ricoh when he was a pundit at a game.

WestEndAgro

We are not debating how good a player he was, or if he is a legend, the question was Would we buy him a drink ?

No I wouldn't , like it or not leaving for Villa under the circumstances he did, leaves a bitter taste !

Otis

We are not debating how good a player he was, or if he is a legend, the question was Would we buy him a drink ?

No I wouldn't , like it or not leaving for Villa under the circumstances he did, leaves a bitter taste !

Doesn't have to be bitter. could be a lager top or a dry cider.

Besides, I think you have answered your own question there. Surely you would buy him a drink because he is a legend.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would certainly have a drink with him and he can buy them;), when he left I hated him as much for where he went than him going but life goes on and he always seems a decent fellow although I probably won't stand next to him in the toilet

Moff

Who is he a singer or one of these reality tv types:confused:

He's MMM's pie eating fat bloke mate, that plays for the other Ricoh team. If you watched the 6 nations he was the England player that ran into the post rather than over the huge expanse that is the try line. I think he may have tripped over his knuckles :D

Terry Gibson's perm

He's MMM's pie eating fat bloke mate, that plays for the other Ricoh team. If you watched the 6 nations he was the England player that ran into the post rather than over the huge expanse that is the try line. I think he may have tripped over his knuckles :D

Wash your mouth out I would never watch the six nations I couldn't even name 2 Rugby players, the other Ricoh team is that ccfc ladies or Leicester u21's:whistle:

oscillatewildly

Absolute no brainer. If not a 'legend' he's pretty close. Will we ever see the likes of his defensive capabilities again at this club, let alone that other thing he used to do for us.

ecky

Anyone remember radio1s Mark n lards sketch involving dion Dublin.
Something involving him and what sounded like 3lb of meat dropping on a table?

Users who are viewing this thread