Different Manager, Same players, different performance (1 Viewer)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
First thing, living in Italy means I've only actually seen us play Derby and I've had to listen to the rest online.

But from what I hear during the games and what I see in the extended highlights Aidy has made an incredible difference to the players who were here under Coleman. Turner was the best defender in the league before he got injured and the back four in general don't make the same mistakes of last season. Midfield, he's got Gunnar back to his best, playing with confidence and using his power and Doyle looks like a different player. I remember just before leaving for Italy the start of the 2008 season, he was useless, he always went sideways or backwards. I'm not sure how forward thinking he is this year but the midfield seems more effective this season. Although we're not scoring loads this season so far, I still feel we're looking a lot more dangerous up front. Obliviously we've changed a lot up front this season and not seen too much of Eastwood due to injury but the think I like is that we've got options from the bench now.

How do my opinions come up considering I'm only listening online and seeing highlights?

Hullinho87

Pretty accurate Ben. I think the best way to sum our performances up is that Bothroyd has made us a "pain in the arse" to play against. This is a formula that will and has seen us well in the Championship.

Playing this system sees us tend to play quite narrow when defending and a small criticism is that this leaves us a bit susceptible down the flanks. Although four clean sheets in a row is unheard of from a City defence in the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread