Difference in quality between Championship and League One (1 Viewer)

guicey15

As we all know, Coventry will be a League One side next year. So I was wondering how the level in League One compares to the Championship. I have never been to a League One game so have no idea how easy or tough it is going to be. Lets say we have an identical team to the one we have had this season (excluding Norwood + Nimely). How do you think we would do, would we get automatic promotion, play-offs, mid-table or struggle again? Also, how good and what players would we need to keep to make a squad capable of a top 6 finish?

smileycov

Facebook User
The way i see it we would be about sixth biggest club in league one. So iam hopefull of a top 8 at least finish, dependent on what sort of squad we have of course. After the bitter dissapointment which i suppose we knew was coming, i think we may enjoy next year. Winning is good in any division!!

coundonskyblue

<p>
The way i see it we would be about sixth biggest club in league one. So iam hopefull of a top 8 at least finish, dependent on what sort of squad we have of course. After the bitter dissapointment which i suppose we knew was coming, i think we may enjoy next year. Winning is good in any division!!
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

6th biggest? I see us as the biggest!

guicey15

6th biggest? I see 3rd biggest at the lowest, Sheff Wed and arguably Pompey. And Sheff Wed might even get promoted

ccfcdan

With Charlton and possibly both Sheffield teams coming up, im intrigued as to what 5 teams in league 1 you think are bigger than ourselves?

malkitccfc

went to a walsall millwall match the other year and it was the worst match i've ever been to! But i've seen the likes of Huddersfield and other teams on tv a fair few times this season, and think they would do okay in the championship. To get out of this division, we're going to need a goalscorer however, a bit likes Rhodes, Madine, Ched Evans :slap: , Wright-Phillips

smileycov

Facebook User
Sheff wed (possibly) Preston, Portsmouth, Swindon at a push!! Donny, i didnt mean the 6 placed biggest, i meant within the group of 6 clubs. i think if we hit top and did well we would match sheff weds for attendances easily. but certainly i am hopefull of a decent season!!

ccfcdan

Currently id say Sheff Wed's are the biggest club in that league. We are a similar sized club to Sheff utd and Portsmouth. Doncaster,Preston,Huddersfield,MK dons all smaller clubs.

ronan_cov

They have money, we dont, we cant afford to sign a goalscorer, if Mcsheff and McDonald see this, WE ARE RELYING ON YOU!

idris65

I went to Exeter against Oldham at the end of last season.The quality was awful (which we will be used to) it was a relegation scrap. They drew 1-1 and Exeter missed a pen in the last minute, but the banter was good fun and so were the stewards. Not all bad.

Dan Griffin

Cody will do the business he will feed off scraps, blinding runs, long range beauties, I feel it.

Astute

We will need a striker to play with Cody. We will need a few more squad players and also replace any players that leave. Our younger players will do better next season if we get to keep them.

If we get a half decent striker, add a few players to the squad from the academy or new signings and also replace any players leaving we should have a good season. Maybe this will stop the moaning from those that say we never get to finish in the top 6.

skybluecase

Haha this is Coventry the support dropped when we got relegated from prem and it'll do the same now so the team won't care as much and can u blame em would u play for a bunch of fans that didn't care? We'll be lucky to survive let alone win it

kg82

Haha this is Coventry the support dropped when we got relegated from prem and it'll do the same now so the team won't care as much and can u blame em would u play for a bunch of fans that didn't care? We'll be lucky to survive let alone win it

Hmm, fans arguing on here about what's best for the club would seem to go against your idea of not caring. But yeah, lets throw that thoughtless comment out there.

skybluecase

Hmm, fans arguing on here about what's best for the club would seem to go against your idea of not caring. But yeah, lets throw that thoughtless comment out there.
<br />
<br />
Don't think I don't care I care for the city more than anything it's the only thing I enjoy going to cuz all I do is work and I'm not saying nobody cares I'm just saying each season we do worse an with each relegation more people stop attending games and give up the faith I always believe we can win no matter who we play and always want us to win but I see it every year have a look at the average attendance each year since the year we came down from the prem it gets lower every year and you will see what I mean but whatever the outcome i'll still be gettin a season ticket next cuz it's all I care about

guicey15

<br />
<br />
Don't think I don't care I care for the city more than anything it's the only thing I enjoy going to cuz all I do is work and I'm not saying nobody cares I'm just saying each season we do worse an with each relegation more people stop attending games and give up the faith I always believe we can win no matter who we play and always want us to win but I see it every year have a look at the average attendance each year since the year we came down from the prem it gets lower every year and you will see what I mean but whatever the outcome i'll still be gettin a season ticket next cuz it's all I care about

More people stopped attending games due to 11 dreary years of mid to bottom of the league finishes, if were consistently in the top 6 of the league throughout next year and playing well, the attendances will increase.

Last edited:

Astute

<br />
<br />

If our players put as much effort into winning as you have put into making a long sentence then we will win division 3 as that must have taken a lot of effort to do whilst still talking sense and getting your point across but I think our attendances will grow if we have a successful season as teams that are winning make supporters want to turn up not just for watching a winning team but also so they can say they were there but one problem we could have is the amount we took to some away games will be more than we can take next season as the grounds will be smaller making the away ends smaller so there will be less tickets available unless they sell us half of their seats or more and I can't see it myself

kg82

<br />
<br />

Yeah, I'd noticed the attendances! That doesn't mean people don't care, it's more likely they're just completely fed up with a below average team and constant financial troubles/boardroom troubles.

Astute

Yeah, I'd noticed the attendances! That doesn't mean people don't care, it's more likely they're just completely fed up with a below average team and constant financial troubles/boardroom troubles.

You also have smaller towns with clubs that have a smaller catchment area, but also close to big teams where they lose "glory supporters" to as well.

kg82

You also have smaller towns with clubs that have a smaller catchment area, but also close to big teams where they lose "glory supporters" to as well.

Well, if we're losing supporters to bigger clubs I'd argue they weren't fans in the first place!

By the way, this may sound bad but I'm actually relieved I know what level we're playing at next year. The whole thing was killing me. Don't get me wrong, I don't like it, just a sense of relief. Anyone else?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Only have to look at how Charlton have run away with the league to see the majority of clubs are poor.

Over the last 3 seasons 4 sides have accumulated over 90 points for the season and the 2 Sheffield clubs should make that 6 teams over the last few years in the final two fixtures.

There are about 5 clubs or so who could hold their own in the championship an then the rest of the clubs are poor quality

Skybluestu

Are you on crack?????? Our attendances home and away are both at a good level. This is a fact.... If we still had our home at highfield road we would all think 14000 a week was great! Stop insulting the fans.... Why the fuck should we keep going up anyway????? Just to keep feeding sisu.

Users who are viewing this thread