Didn't take the CET long to become SISU's puppet again (1 Viewer)

I'mARealWizard

What happened to SISU Out or Cov Stay campaign?

Back in Tim Fisher's pocket today once more...

Samo

I've read the CT today, doesn't seem at all pro-SISU to me.

Samo

perhaps he is talking about this article http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/no-signings-until-after-big-5096453

To me the problem has never been that the CET are particularly pro sisu, it's just that they allow themselves to be used for sisus propaganda, they are happy to print an article where the majority of it is just unchallenged Fisher spin, lies and half truths.

They print everyone else's spin too! They print what's been said, we choose to believe it or not. Besides, they may take the view with TF that they merely need to give him enough rope and he will hang himself.

Gint11

So are they not allowed to run a report on anything about TF or SISU without fans saying they are PRO to them. Some fans I tell you are just stupid

hill83

I'd say they are strictly pro selling papers.
I'd even go as far as sa...........

For more information and other great articles buy tonights Telegraph.

Noggin

They print everyone else's spin too! They print what's been said, we choose to believe it or not. Besides, they may take the view with TF that they merely need to give him enough rope and he will hang himself.

Sure they print other peoples spin but there has been alot more of it coming from fisher and the club than anyone else. Like I said I don't think they have been pro sisu but they have been a platform for the spin and they shouldn't have been. If they are printing a quote they know to be misleading, spin or simply untrue they should comment on that.

For instance a week or two ago we had an article from Presley about how he was hopeing to bring in lots of players in 3 weeks time. A couple of days before we had an article from the telegraph explaining the admin process with the fact it would be a few weeks till the creditors meeting, then 28 days cooling off period, then we had to wait for the football league, so why didn't the article about presley bringing in players in 3 weeks explain that really there was almost no chance that this was possible, why didn't they actually question pressley, instead it was basically a club press released masquerading as an article and the cet knew it to be false, all they did by printing that article was mislead their audience and that isn't acceptable. So many of their articles are this is what the club says and nothing else, it's not news, it's lazy and bad journalism.

Brighton Sky Blue

Who cares if an 18 year old is our only centre half, ACL still have to be busted and there's arrogant soundbites to produce.

I'mARealWizard

So are they not allowed to run a report on anything about TF or SISU without fans saying they are PRO to them. Some fans I tell you are just stupid

Yes indeed. Some fans really are stupid.

Within the space of a week, the have gone from "SISU Out or Stay in Cov" to allowing Tim Fisher to get whatever he wants put in print.

The art of journalism isn't to just print wharever someone tells you, but to challenge it and answer back. To question and ask for clarification. Justification. Explanation.

After the CET's very public display last week (to win back paying customers) it feels a little empty right now.

If they felt as strongly as they claimed, surely they would put up some challenges to TF before allowing SISU to dictate the article to them?

So I thank you for the self ridicule element in your previous response.

WillieStanley

Sure they print other peoples spin but there has been alot more of it coming from fisher and the club than anyone else. Perhaps this is because Fisher and the club have been talking more than anyone else? Like I said I don't think they have been pro sisu but they have been a platform for the spin and they shouldn't have been. If they are printing a quote they know to be misleading, spin or simply untrue they should comment on that. Without evidence, I don't see how they can?

For instance a week or two ago we had an article from Presley about how he was hopeing to bring in lots of players in 3 weeks time. A couple of days before we had an article from the telegraph explaining the admin process with the fact it would be a few weeks till the creditors meeting, then 28 days cooling off period, then we had to wait for the football league, so why didn't the article about presley bringing in players in 3 weeks explain that really there was almost no chance that this was possible, why didn't they actually question pressley, instead it was basically a club press released masquerading as an article and the cet knew it to be false, all they did by printing that article was mislead their audience and that isn't acceptable. So many of their articles are this is what the club says and nothing else, it's not news, it's lazy and bad journalism.Again, they can only go by what they are told. They have let us down in the past admittedly - however a director of Trinity Mirror PLC who own CET happens to sit on the board of ACL so I can't imagine he or his colleagues would allow a paper to support an entity potentially killing a joint venture he is apart of.

n the same way, Andy Turner et al can't just go and anger CCFC or SISU or they face a complete shut out and end up losing all it's CCFC loving readers as they'll have nothing to print!!

Samo

Sure they print other peoples spin but there has been alot more of it coming from fisher and the club than anyone else. Like I said I don't think they have been pro sisu but they have been a platform for the spin and they shouldn't have been. If they are printing a quote they know to be misleading, spin or simply untrue they should comment on that.

For instance a week or two ago we had an article from Presley about how he was hopeing to bring in lots of players in 3 weeks time. A couple of days before we had an article from the telegraph explaining the admin process with the fact it would be a few weeks till the creditors meeting, then 28 days cooling off period, then we had to wait for the football league, so why didn't the article about presley bringing in players in 3 weeks explain that really there was almost no chance that this was possible, why didn't they actually question pressley, instead it was basically a club press released masquerading as an article and the cet knew it to be false, all they did by printing that article was mislead their audience and that isn't acceptable. So many of their articles are this is what the club says and nothing else, it's not news, it's lazy and bad journalism.

They'd be in court every bloody week!

Noggin

Perhaps this is because Fisher and the club have been talking more than anyone else?

Yes it is, thats what I was saying, the cet arn't biased but the club put out alot of press releases that the cet uses with almost no comment to make an article. It's not bias it's incompetence.

Without evidence, I don't see how they can?

They have Evidence, I just gave you an example, they knew what Pressley was saying couldn't possibly be true yet they printed what he was saying without a line saying the way the administration process works means there is at least another 7 weeks in administration and so there is little to no chance pressley will be signing players in 3 weeks. They are printing things they know not to be true and this has led to a real ignorance from the people who haven't followed what has happened closely. The media have seriously let us down and continue to do so.

Brighton Sky Blue

n the same way, Andy Turner et al can't just go and anger CCFC or SISU or they face a complete shut out and end up losing all it's CCFC loving readers as they'll have nothing to print!!

To be fair they went through a phase last year of claiming stories and news from this forum as their own and didn't seem fussed.

Noggin

They'd be in court every bloody week!

Rubbish, I'm not saying they should be calling fisher a liar or anything, just providing the alternative view to something that is obviously spin. For instance if they are printing a quote from fisher saying we've paid 800k rent this year, they should be following that by explaining that 500k of that came from a fund they had a legal responsibility to keep topped up and the other 300k was match day costs and ccfc did not pay any actual rent.

WillieStanley

I'm no fan of the CET or their sports writers trust me. There have been improvements since their last editor got the sack but to be honest, I think you're looking for things that aren't there and asking them to spell things out. They are as much a part of the game as anyone else involved but pro-Sisu they most certainly are not.

Within the space of a week, the have gone from "SISU Out or Stay in Cov" to allowing Tim Fisher to get whatever he wants put in print.

The art of journalism isn't to just print wharever someone tells you, but to challenge it and answer back. To question and ask for clarification. Justification. Explanation.

After the CET's very public display last week (to win back paying customers) it feels a little empty right now.

If they felt as strongly as they claimed, surely they would put up some challenges to TF before allowing SISU to dictate the article to them?

I am afraid your hatred for SISU/Fisher is clouding your judgment, you sound a little paranoid in my opinion - so as a person that understands the art of journalism what have you written lately? because you sound like a expert...the CT have no hidden agenda, they report what is there to report and try to do it without bias (however they have nailed their Sky Blues colours to the mast recently IMO), they have been involved with CCFC since pretty much day one, stand sponsorship, they have owned shares in the club and had various MD's as Vice Chairs/Board Members...CCFC moving to NTFC is a disaster for CT as much as it is for us...so stop pontificating and talking nonsense, you talk like you understand newspapers and journalism...it is very clear from your comments you no very little. I am sure if they had SISU OUT IN BLOCK CAPITALS on the front and back page for the next month it still would not be enough for some on here...give them a break they are doing a good job, considering the shit they have to deal with...

Noggin

To be fair thats also something they should have questioned, is threatening his kids just the idiot or 2 that posted on this forum we should protest outside the school and was rightly shouted down by everyone? or has someone actually threatened his kids? I'm guessing it's the former

The Coventry Evening Telegraph (Coventry Newspapers Ltd) is based in the Canal Basin Coventry (CNL) own a number of titles from Hinckley, Nuneaton, Loughbourgh...ect - and is part of Trinity Mirror Midlands, who also own BPM Media (Birmingham Post and Mail) they (BPM) also own a number of other titles across the Midlands...The paper is not run from Birmingham, they all have their own Editors and Journalists, parts of the CT are syndicated with other titles, this tends to be more features like Travel, Fashion and Whats On, but local news is local news covered by local journos, I agree the paper has lost some of it quality, however with press advertising revenues falling due to competition from the internet, and the same has happened to their circulation figures, 20 years ago they were selling 98,000 copies a day, now I guess if they sold 30,000 they would be happy...this obviously this has an knock on affect on what they can do locally, I suppose if you don't buy you it are not supporting it, if your not supporting it you cant really have an opinion on what they do...

Gint11

I may have read your response wrong but where in my response am I self ridiculing?

Noggin

The Coventry Evening Telegraph (Coventry Newspapers Ltd) is based in the Canal Basin Coventry (CNL) own a number of titles from Hinckley, Nuneaton, Loughbourgh...ect - and is part of Trinity Mirror Midlands, who also own BPM Media (Birmingham Post and Mail) they (BPM) also own a number of other titles across the Midlands...The paper is not run from Birmingham, they all have their own Editors and Journalists, parts of the CT are syndicated with other titles, this tends to be more features like Travel, Fashion and Whats On, but local news is local news covered by local journos, I agree the paper has lost some of it quality, however with press advertising revenues falling due to competition from the internet, and the same has happened to their circulation figures, 20 years ago they were selling 98,000 copies a day, now I guess if they sold 30,000 they would be happy...this obviously this has an knock on affect on what they can do locally, I suppose if you don't buy you it are not supporting it, if your not supporting it you cant really have an opinion on what they do...

visiting their website is supporting them, they have a huge amount of advertising, some of it very intrusive.

It's the trade off, isn't it? you get free content they get the click through traffic and this generate advertising revenues to pay the journalists that write the copy that you access for FREE...no different to any other website

visiting their website is supporting them, they have a huge amount of advertising, some of it very intrusive.

I believe he holds a number of directorships, and Trinity being one of them, I would suggest he is there for his financial experience/contacts not to guide the editorial tone for Trinity Mirror Regionals. And is also the CEO of The Football Foundation??

& is a G Hoffman not on the board linked to Cov Telegraph? Trinity media/press?

Users who are viewing this thread