Did King Celebrate? (1 Viewer)

Mr pot

Sorry to start a thread on this but need a quick simple answer. Couldn't make it today so did he or not?

BTW I'd have applauded him when he came off if I was there.

SkyBlue_Bear83

looked to me as if he celebrated in front of the brum fans, nothing over the top, celebrated on the same level as any opposition goal at the ricoh. I don't understand why people would clap him though, no respect for the club, fans or staff.

guicey15

BTW I'd have applauded him when he came off if I was there.

I would never applaud an opposition player, a lying backstabber and a man who assaults women when they don't do as he pleases. Or is it just me that doesn't support the beating up of innocent women?

SkyBlue

If it wasn't for Marlon King we'd have played Brentford or Bournemouth this weekend, not Birmingham

pusbccfc

If it wasn't for Marlon King we'd have played Brentford or Bournemouth this weekend, not Birmingham

We wouldn't have gone down last season with or without marlon, we were very comfortable!

bamalamafizzfazz

King definitely did celebrate. He was never one to run off smiling and do a routine celebration. His mannerism was aggressive and he was thumping his chest putting his hand on his badge similar to what I've seen him do with us. Trust me he celebrated.

Personally I don't think he got enough stick from the fans yesterday. He may have done a job for us last season but like Turner there was unfinished business at the Ricoh for both of them.

The one thing that did show yesterday is how much better he still is than anything we currently have.

I'm resigned to us going down amd its not just after yesterday as we actually played alright its just we don't have the bottle to do it this time.

bamalamafizzfazz

Don't comment then. I have my own opinion and wanted to share it. This thread was started by a question being asked so I answered it.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, next time I won't bother.

CCFC Germany

I saw him thumping his chest as well and he shook his fist in front of the Brum fans.
Nothing "wild" in my eyes, but actually I wouldn't care anyway ;)

pusbccfc

Disagree mate. I think you're only ever as good as your front two. If we had him right now we wouldn't be bottom three.

The majority of the points earned last season were before christmas, and before Christmas marlon wasn't scoring.
Therefore the goals he scored didn't help that much.

Macca

Don't comment then. I have my own opinion and wanted to share it. This thread was started by a question being asked so I answered it.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, next time I won't bother.

not sure I quoted you sir?

I don't see that any of this matters is my statement. I say this becauses at this time whether someone who paid a fleeting visit to us celebrates a goal doesn't bother me. I could post a eyeballs bulging angry of Coventry comment just to fit in but its not my genuine feeling

skybluesteve76

He ran off thumping his blues badge like the wild ape he is! I agree, he should of got alot more stick yesterday.
Why would people applaud a man with no morals? Have a word

All the best

BackRoomRummermill

To be fair he is paid to score goals with his current employer, he has moved on for what ever reason.

He played well for us.

I dont hold a grudge , otherwise you end up sounding like the Sunderland fans

skyblu3sk

Found it interesting he walked right over to the bench before he was subbed I assume that was planned so we didn't have enough time to give him stick

Pigeon

I didn't see the point in people booing him yesterday, he was messed around by our club, after basically keeping us up last year, so chose the safest option for himself and his family and moved to another club that wanted him before he was left out in the cold by both clubs. He's a talented player and it was obvious to everyone but our current owners that if we didn't make a quick move for another contract then someone else would.

PVA

Found it interesting he walked right over to the bench before he was subbed I assume that was planned so we didn't have enough time to give him stick

that was because they'd just had a man sent off and he dropped back to right midfield, which happened to be the side of the dugouts.

He celebrated fairly aggressively but right in front of the blues fans and it wasn't an attempt to rile cov fans, just a fairly normal celebration. Would have been interesting if he'd scored at the other end though.

Ashdown

Apart from Bellamy and Kyle I wouldn't boo or be riled by any returning players, its embarrassing when it happens.

SkyBlue_Bear83

that was because they'd just had a man sent off and he dropped back to right midfield, which happened to be the side of the dugouts.
Well I saw Hughton call King over to the dug out and say something to him about 30s before his sub was announced. King then waited right by the dug out before his number was put up. Was obvious they had done it so we couldn't give him stick for a longer period whilst he was being subbed.

Robccfc87

The majority of the points earned last season were before christmas, and before Christmas marlon wasn't scoring.
Therefore the goals he scored didn't help that much.
The goals he scored didn't help that much????!!!! What a ridiculous comment, he was our top scorer
which made his goals after xmas all the more important as other players starting to fall away.
Who else would have scored the goals that gained us so many points?
Make no mistake, we would have knackered without Marlon last year.
Yes he is a tit of a bloke, great striker at this level.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The goals he scored didn't help that much????!!!! What a ridiculous comment, he was our top scorer
which made his goals after xmas all the more important as other players starting to fall away.
Who else would have scored the goals that gained us so many points?
Make no mistake, we would have knackered without Marlon last year.
Yes he is a tit of a bloke, great striker at this level.
Most of our points came before Christmas when he wasn't in the side or not scoring. Excluding penalties the only points I can remember him winning us was Milwall at H, again not saying he wasn't a loss as even when he wasn't scoring he bought other qualites to the team but don't pretend King was a one man team for Coventry.

Robccfc87

I am not pretending anything, stats are there to see, King scored in 7 games that we picked up points from. Take away the top scorer in any team and they worse off, we weren't a one man team but we certainly relied heavily on his presence.

dongonzalos

He is a disgrace and the club should never have allowed AB to sign him. The club lost a lot of dignity and respect in my eyes when that happened. We got what we deserved the way he bit the hand that fed him.

kdrinkell

Anyone who saw Marlon play must of saw he was heads and shoulders above the others,he was a one season player just to show he could still do it so let's get over it eh

Users who are viewing this thread