Did Hoffman overvalue the club? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Are we worth the 20 million he offered? We have a mostly league 1 team and precious few assets. We don't own the stadium we just have a training ground. We allegedly generate losses every year with our Brilliant business plan. I don't think we are worth 50p and so far Hoffmans bid hasn't exactly triggered a takeover race....

Lack of realism from Sisu?

pusbccfc

He offered 1quid
And the money to wipe the debts, and for players, stadium ect.
So basically we are only worth£1?

crowsnest

There was no offer of £20m - it was £1.

£30m investment (£20m in the club and £10m to buy the share of the stadium).

Are we worth the 20 million he offered? We have a mostly league 1 team and precious few assets. We don't own the stadium we just have a training ground. We allegedly generate losses every year with our Brilliant business plan. I don't think we are worth 50p and so far Hoffmans bid hasn't exactly triggered a takeover race....

Lack of realism from Sisu?

Dingbat!:facepalm:

Marty

I have a feeling that Hoffman was never serious about it.

Yeah me too. Anybody who was serious would have tried a lot harder IMO. The Hoffman saga was played out in the press so much we had enough facts.

Nonleagueherewecome

If he wasn't serious, why did he bother? Any reason at all for him to go to all that effort?

BenInTurin

Facebook User
You've got to remember Hoffman is basically the face of the bid like Ranson was the face of the sisu bid. Its the people behind him that are the ones investing most of the money.

OyJimmy

No he expected SISU to wipe the debt, as the only debts we have is to them.

So Hoffman offered Sisu 1 pound for the club and that was it in total? where did you get that from Sisu? I seriously doubt he offered just 1 quid for a club with no debt and assets......

Come on 1 quid for a debt free club that isn't right unless you believe in the gospel according to Sisu

OyJimmy

Actually the offer included payments to Sisu if the club went up. A 20 million pound war chest may have made that happen.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Actually the offer included payments to Sisu if the club went up. A 20 million pound war chest may have made that happen.

I remember this bit, and I think that if we stayed up they would get further payments for up to 3 years I think. But I'm sure it was reported somewhere that this would only happen if we got promoted within 3 seasons?

ashbyjan

Hoffman was deadly serious and, as I understand it, once he has completed the minor matter of acquiring a large chunk of the Lloyds business in the UK for his current employers NBNK he will be back. Project Verde for anyone interested - 632 branches, 5 million customers, £50 billion in assets in a deal that worth around £2.5 billion - so maybe at this exact moment in time he has slightly bigger issues than being insulted and sneered at by a condescending prat like Dulieu. Hoffman is trying to build a bank to compete on the high street with Barclays, Santander etc so maybe his attention is slightly diverted for the next few weeks. Hopefully by the time he resurfaces it won't be too late to save us from relegation.

torchomatic

I trust Hoffman as far as I could throw him.

les_miserables

With recent revelations it isn't clear who the so called £30 million is owed to. Is it SISU ? i'm beginning to doubt that as they seem to be fund managers or is it a group of investors who all have less than 10% stake in the football club. As the MP Dominic Collins pointed out no-one knows or admits to ownership, is it SISU or all these investors and there could be dozens of them

ashbyjan

What I have failed to understand is how do the League know that no one individual has more than 10% - because those trustworthy chaps at SISU say so? With their track record for misunderstandings and half truths is it any wonder that Collins wants some answers. How do we not know that one of the investors does not have interests in other clubs? Because SISU say so? Still the hypocrisy of their stance in relation to Hoffman revealing his backers was staggering but not surprising.

Nonleagueherewecome

I trust Hoffman as far as I could throw him.

How far can you throw SISU? You can't say, as you don't even know who they are! Do you feel any more trust for them, given that fact? And based on their performance-does that encourage, or deserve trust?

I think I trust a true CCFC fan way above those shadowy capitalist gangsters, ta.

skyblue_rich

Hoffman was deadly serious and, as I understand it, once he has completed the minor matter of acquiring a large chunk of the Lloyds business in the UK for his current employers NBNK he will be back. Project Verde for anyone interested - 632 branches, 5 million customers, £50 billion in assets in a deal that worth around £2.5 billion - so maybe at this exact moment in time he has slightly bigger issues than being insulted and sneered at by a condescending prat like Dulieu. Hoffman is trying to build a bank to compete on the high street with Barclays, Santander etc so maybe his attention is slightly diverted for the next few weeks. Hopefully by the time he resurfaces it won't be too late to save us from relegation.

Exactly what I have heard

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Being a CCFC fan is admirable and preferable but it isnt what concerns me

Nothing I have read has in essence said anything other than more of the self same deal structure that has repeatedly failed this club and others. To my mind the restructuring needs to be more radical than that or we just accept we keep ending up in a similar position but with perhaps a CCFC fan helping to head it up

idm1975

With recent revelations it isn't clear who the so called £30 million is owed to. Is it SISU ? i'm beginning to doubt that as they seem to be fund managers or is it a group of investors who all have less than 10% stake in the football club. As the MP Dominic Collins pointed out no-one knows or admits to ownership, is it SISU or all these investors and there could be dozens of them

Easy to make sure he does not forget about SISU, let him know about SISU and their lies [email protected] He probably cares little about coventry city football club, if at all, but SISU are breaking rules and he knows it. A little more pressure from us might a bit difference.

Users who are viewing this thread