Di Matteo Sacked (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just seen this on sky news after 8 months in the job he has been sacked with Benitez apparently coming in.

Is Benitez on a short term contract so Pep can come in next season?

Could see the little guy was on his way out. It's quite Thorn esque, Thorn kept us up and then got a permanent contract as a result. It's likely it was not due to his managerial skill that he kept us up. Much the same as Chelsea winning the Champions League probably had little to do with the little guy. Lets be honest, any of us could stick 11 players behind the ball and tell them all to defend and 3 break for the counter after each wave.

Tad

Knew this would happen. The players were purposely playing poorly last season to get rid of AVB. Once he had left, they actually tried. Had little to do with Roberto Di Matteo I suspect.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Joke club run/owned by an utter moron.

I'd rather be a city fan anyday......atleast we're not a joke club run by....

...oh..hang on.

Absolutely ridiculous. He won the Champions League and F.A Cup double last season and made a great start to the season this year. Now he;s lost 3 or 4 games, they sack him?! What ever happened to giving managers a chance? This is the most ridiculous managerial sacking of all time. He was doing fine. He was just in a bad spell. Look at Mark Hughes. QPR are bottom and doing awful. Has he been sacked? No. Dont get me wrong, i HATE Chelsea, but RDM didn't deserve this. Roman's going mad

Paxman II

The way RDM set out his stall in the champions league was brilliant. The players were behind him too. He turned them around from bad results and has proven to be more than astute and capable. Seems like a very good coach to me. Fact he has had some poor results of late means nothing. Roman is a clueless guy who like a baby wants the win always and forgets that's not humanly possible. He's a clown.
Anyone who goes there will know that and will only agree for a fat pay cheque knowing he will inevitably be sacked but will have a sack ful of money. So I suppose it depends on whether money outweighs your reputation?
As for RDM he will have no problem getting another good post...I'm sure of it. Chelsea is a joke club.
9 managers is 12 years is it? Gosh almost as bad as our joke club. :D

Last edited:

Johnrambo

Some wrote this abit ago : "You cannot have it both ways. Roman Abramovich is the only reason Chelsea is today a bigger club than, say, Everton, West Ham or Aston Villa. Chelsea is his playground."

Sad but true.

Tad

From BBC Sports twitter: Rafa Benitez is flying over to Chelsea for further talks on his potential new job.

I don't like Chelsea or there fans, but what is Romam thinking.You'd of been better off keeping Di Matteo.

Covstu

lets face it, it was never Robbie's job. RA had to offer him the contract because he won the CL. Sad times but its a results business!

Darth Robins

I really liked they way RDM had them playing, great to watch and they got off to a cracking start but it was obvious he'd be gone as soon as there was a slight bump in the road. Hopefully he'll be back soon enough, and I hope Chelsea end up with no European football next year!

SkyBlue_Bear83

He wants Guardiola but I can't see Pep taking it with the lack of job security, the only people who will take it are those looking to build a name for themselves i.e AVB, Di Matteo or those looking to rebuild a career after a while out of the game and relative failure in there previous jobs i.e Benitez

wingy

ITs unthinkable how short of Striker cover they've left themselves.

Can't believe they did'nt go for Falcao this past summer or the one before ,the perfect replacement for Drogba.

That whiny excuse Torres ultimately cost him his job,He sulked when Bentez went @ Liverpool and does'nt belong at Chealsea .

Back to Northern spain would do him best.:whistle::whistle:

Covstu

same as Liverpool really, you wouldn't think two top teams would have been so short of attacking options.

Users who are viewing this thread