Dexter Walters (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
We’ve signed a winger from Tamworth called Dexter Walters. He impressed in the U23 friendly

Coventry to snap up Tamworth winger Walters

I wonder if he will be instead of the Wolves one?

Maybe we saw his haircut and had to have him?

Walters.jpg

SlowerThanPlatt

He only signed a new deal in June and wasn't even a first team regular for Tamworth last season.

And? He’s only 19. Worst case scenario he doesn’t develop as expected we lose a few thousand pounds, best case scenario he contributes to our first team and we sell him on.

Greggs

And? He’s only 19. Worst case scenario he doesn’t develop as expected we lose a few thousand pounds, best case scenario he contributes to our first team and we sell him on.
for a few thousand pounds....!

ccfcway

talk at the game this week he was on his way from Tamworth. I didnt think much of it. Text tonight to say it’s happening ?.

Nick, feel free to delete if it isn’t right

Nick

Administrator
talk at the game this week he was on his way from Tamworth. I didnt think much of it. Text tonight to say it’s happening ?.

Nick, feel free to delete if it isn’t right

Just moved some of the posts from the Transfer Rumour thread into here :)

How did he look against us?

ccfcway

He was decent but didn’t set the world alight. I can’t buy the fact we only signed him due to midweek game. People at the game said we were watching him and he wasn’t spectuclar

Brighton Sky Blue

Pretty sure Robins was quoted as saying he doesn't have much involvement in the recruitment of these players for the development squad, it's starting to look a bit like FM style mass signing of youngsters who look half decent.

We've worked hard to get a reputation for developing youngsters and risk that if we keep signing up these guys on a whim

Marty

Pretty sure Robins was quoted as saying he doesn't have much involvement in the recruitment of these players for the development squad, it's starting to look a bit like FM style mass signing of youngsters who look half decent.

We've worked hard to get a reputation for developing youngsters and risk that if we keep signing up these guys on a whim

I agree, We've signed 4 or 5 players who the management deem aren't good enough for the first team yet, would we be better off only signing one or 2 for the development squad and bringing one additional body who can make an instant impact, It's a fine balancing act and only time will tell if we're correct to bring in so many youngsters.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree, We've signed 4 or 5 players who the management deem aren't good enough for the first team yet, would we be better off only signing one or 2 for the development squad and bringing one additional body who can make an instant impact, It's a fine balancing act and only time will tell if we're correct to bring in so many youngsters.

Maybe it's seen as an easy way to make a few quid, I don't know. If we really have got this guy off the back of a friendly game against our development side Robins needs to have a word with whoever he's delegated this to.

Marty

Maybe it's seen as an easy way to make a few quid, I don't know. If we really have got this guy off the back of a friendly game against our development side Robins needs to have a word with whoever he's delegated this to.

Don't get me wrong, It's something the club needs to do to survive, It's a sustainable way to run a club, but I think it could be a case of too much too soon, and vital funds being diverted away from the first team.

ccfcway

Exactly the right thing to do, they might not be good enough today, but maybe in the months to come

luwalla

This is a developement thing , nothing to do with mark robins planned 1st team signings. No big fanfare , few years he might come or he might not... nothing to lose

torchomatic

Robins is Nobody's Fool.

Reactions: vow

torchomatic

Like Hyam last year. Look at how that tuned out. Not sure why some are putting s negative spin on this. Par for the course, I suppose.

stevefloyd

Our unders team has drip fed some half decent players the past few years it makes sense to strenghten the possibility of hungry upcoming players ....to coin a phrase....worth a punt

Magwitch

Too many keyboard wanna be managers on here who play there Football Manager fantasy games and think they are experts. Robins is here to build a club almost from rock bottom. Obviously first team has to be the priority but to use an old analogy the strength in your first team lies in the reserves for years we’ve had no decent back up, two or three injuries and we were stumped. Robins has signed a number of 19/20 year olds this summer plus four from the Acadamy who will hopefully develop together and most probably not all will progress to our first team and beyond this Dexter Walters is another cog picked up who hopefully becomes a diamond. But there are jerks on here who will expect the next George Best immediately.

Pete in Portugal

I don't think they are being signed 'on a whim'. They are just replacements for the U23 players whose contracts were not renewed and those who've moved up to the first team squad. I'd guess that's about eight that needed replacing in total. I don't think we've recruited, or promoted from U18, eight replacements yet. Otherwise we'd be having to play many more U18's in the U23 squad and then there'd potentially be a bit of a gap in players coming through to the first team.

woody11462

Not writing him off, he could have come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months but id be a bit pissed off if one of our prospects signed a new contract and was moved on within a month

Users who are viewing this thread