Derby Sheffield Wed Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Bidda

Fair play to Wycombe. Nearly did something everyone said would have been impossible

Decent bet for promotion from League 1 next season? They, like us, got acclimatised to Championship football eventually. Just too late for them.

Sbarcher

Just had a quick look on the SW forum. Seems they have "lost" Hillsborough and have to rent it back for £2.5m for the next 30 years and this takes precedant over the playing budget. That amount of rent in L1 could see them off.

shepardo01

Just had a quick look on the SW forum. Seems they have "lost" Hillsborough and have to rent it back for £2.5m for the next 30 years and this takes precedant over the playing budget. That amount of rent in L1 could see them off.
2.5m per season.....???
That will be the end of them...

Paul Anthony

Watching the highlights on Quest, it seems ridiculous Rotherham scored a beauty like that, then missed chance after chance after chance.

SlowerThanPlatt

Decent bet for promotion from League 1 next season? They, like us, got acclimatised to Championship football eventually. Just too late for them.

We should try for 23yo CB (can play DM too) Josh Knight who’s been on loan there from Leicester and won their POTS and players player. Being released

shepardo01

Seems a thoroughly decent bloke. A shame he's the one who's team are going down, and not Rooney.
Real emotion. Not "feel sorry for me" crocodile tears.
Said he doesn't know if he can carry on.
Quest saying Rotherham have averaged more shots p/g than Watford. But 1 win in last 12 (?) has cost them.

wingy

Depends.. if they need the money yes, but I keep hearing rumours they are getting taken over. Is that a thing? Can't say I pay much attention to Derby.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Don't think the purported bloke taking over has any money tbf.
Would likely load more debt on them.
If it hasn't happened, I'm not sure it will.
I may look like a pratt as it may have happened but been too busy to keep track. 🙄

Brighton Sky Blue

Depends.. if they need the money yes, but I keep hearing rumours they are getting taken over. Is that a thing? Can't say I pay much attention to Derby.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The guy wanting to take over was Chansiri’s ‘adviser’ at Sheff W

Frostie

Reports this morning that Derby are facing a points deduction for overspending over the past 3 years. They could be starting next season on minus points

The Alan Nixon article talks of potentially a "massive" deduction, i.e. double figures of points (similar to Wednesday's original -12 I'd assume). Surprised it's not happened sooner tbf.

Users who are viewing this thread