Derby Sheffield Wed Match Thread (2 Viewers)

robbiekeane

how can we watch this? Would like to have it on the ipad next to the city game. Dont mind paying for it just not sure how to get it

Gynnsthetonic

People are saying Wednesday and Derby will turn it around next season if they stay up, I don't think they will, serious financial problems, would like Wednesday to stay up, we always do well against them especially at home and they always bring a good following!

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

People are saying Wednesday and Derby will turn it around next season if they stay up, I don't think they will, serious financial problems, would like Wednesday to stay up, we always do well against them especially at home and they always bring a good following!
Derby's takeover looks to be in doubt now too? From what i recall Wednesday have large numbers of players out of contract over the summer so there's likely to be alot of unsettled performances whilst a new squad gels next season too.

Sky Blue Harry H

I also think Sheffield Wednesday will have a bigger rebuild to do than Derby, plus their owner seems absolutely bottomed out re: cash, as per delayed wages payments etc. For that reason alone, i'd prefer Wednesday to stop up (although I think Derby will escape) Cue Rotherham leapfrogging them both!

Otis

Come on you Rams. I hope Rooney doesn't let us down.

So tough being a Derby fan these days isn't it. We are too big a club for League One, me duck.

Tommo1993

I’m not sure I’ve ever been so giddy as a neutral. The tenner I use for our iFollow will be totally wasted when I ignore it.

Owls to escape.

Danceswithhorses

Derby's takeover looks to be in doubt now too? From what i recall Wednesday have large numbers of players out of contract over the summer so there's likely to be alot of unsettled performances whilst a new squad gels next season too.
Yes, it seems Derby are in a very perilous league and financial position, according to this bbc article about Rooney, Mel Morris (ex owner) and Erik Alonso (new prospective owner).
Already at peak of borrowing, and new owner wants to borrow more to fund squad building (yikes...has he not got any money ?)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

It's on Sky. Very much hope Wednesday stay up. Rotherham and Derby are dire away trips.

Rotherham despite 4-0 thrashing was an enjoyable away trip.

Derby, never enjoyed going there at Baseball ground and Pride Park in a really strange location. Thinking about it, Baseball ground was also in a strange place and really not nice

Happier memories of Sheff Wednesday obviously and do hope they scramble out to relegation, although I do remember a 5-1 defeat and 3-2 loss in FA cup with no obvious way back to Coventry that evening(somehow I found a way)

Terry Gibson's perm

Derby, never enjoyed going there at Baseball ground and Pride Park in a really strange location. Thinking about it, Baseball ground was also in a strange place and really not nice

Happier memories of Sheff Wednesday obviously and do hope they scramble out to relegation, although I do remember a 5-1 defeat and 3-2 loss in FA cup with no obvious way back to Coventry that evening(somehow I found a way)

Was the 5-1 when Debec was in goal for a midweek game as I went to that on the way back from an appointment I made for work deliberately so I would be passing the area late on it was a long drive home that night.

Brighton Sky Blue

If it’s not in a taxi are you even a CCFC fan?

Skyblueweeman

Almost impossible to call this one. Wish all the teams involved the best of luck as I have no desire to see any of them relegated.

Yeah kinda the same. There's clubs you 'like' as a kid without supporting them. None of your mates support them so don't give you sh!t when you lose to them, they're not arrogant and seem like a decent club. Wednesday certainly were one of those clubs as I grew up...no issues with them and thought they were OK. Derby similarly but I guess one of them needs to go (or Rotherham). Id be ok with any of them staying up.

Sitting on the fence for this one.

Happy_Martian

Of the 3 teams, we're more likely to get 6 points next season from Rotherham so my hopes are still with them. But it's looking like that ship has sailed so I'm turning to a Sheff Weds surprise win to keep my Saturday fun. Derby have been playing close to the financial edge for too long. It's about time karma got its revenge.

Tommo1993

Dreamt our game was 3-3 at HT. Gyokeres hat-trick, all assisted by McCallum scored in 1st, 2nd and 30th mins. And Derby v Wednesday was goalless. And I was watching neither of them because I forgot about the early KO, and I was annoyed that I’d missed the super 6 deadline (which is the most true to life part of the dream!)

Sky Blue Harry H

Dreamt our game was 3-3 at HT. Gyokeres hat-trick, all assisted by McCallum scored in 1st, 2nd and 30th mins. And Derby v Wednesday was goalless. And I was watching neither of them because I forgot about the early KO, and I was annoyed that I’d missed the super 6 deadline (which is the most true to life part of the dream!)

You have very specific dreams Tommo. My dreams tend to meander all over the place, and are as joined up as a Clive Eakin commentary.

Tommo1993

You have very specific dreams Tommo. My dreams tend to meander all over the place, and are as joined up as a Clive Eakin commentary.

What was weird was loads of us were in a park, sitting right next to the top of a big waterfall. And my dad showed up showing me the scores on his phone, so I rushed back to the house in a huff that I’d waited all week and still missed the first half. That’s all I can remember. My dreams seem more vivid the more tired I am before sleep. Most of the time the dreams are scattered and nothing.

kg82

You should put money on! I remember having a dream on a Friday night that Palace beat us 4-1 at the Ricoh. We played Palace the next day. Told my dad about the dream on the way to the match. Going into the last minute, Palace were 3-1 up. They broke away, Andrew Johnson scored... my dad looked at me like he was a bit scared! I didn’t put any money on! Would’ve made a tidy amount off a tenner.

ovduk78

There will be a lot of nervous Derby & Sheff Wednesday fans right now. Imagine how most of us felt when we woke up on the day we played Rotherham & multiply it 100 times. Me, I've had my breakfast and I am about to take the dog for a walk before a leisurely day watching the scores come in. Thanks MR, the backroom staff & the CCFC team :)

Tommo1993

You should put money on! I remember having a dream on a Friday night that Palace beat us 4-1 at the Ricoh. We played Palace the next day. Told my dad about the dream on the way to the match. Going into the last minute, Palace were 3-1 up. They broke away, Andrew Johnson scored... my dad looked at me like he was a bit scared! I didn’t put any money on! Would’ve made a tidy amount off a tenner.

Might put 3-3 on FT...

Users who are viewing this thread