Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

EFL trying to 'look hard', but no doubt they will cave in as always, and give Derby concessions.
That's based on our owners bullying of them in the past, and doing exactly as they pleased.
Derby have had several financial crises in the past and they always come out smelling of roses sadly, so fingers crossed extra tight this time 🤞

Grendel

EFL trying to 'look hard', but no doubt they will cave in as always, and give Derby concessions.
That's based on our owners bullying of them in the past, and doing exactly as they pleased.
Derby have had several financial crises in the past and they always come out smelling of roses sadly, so fingers crossed extra tight this time 🤞

you would like them to go out of business?

Colin Steins Smile

you would like them to go out of business?
Wouldn't want Derby to go out of business, but I find it disgusting that the administrator is negotiating a reduction in the clubs £27m liability to HMRC down to £7m.
The UK's finances are in a difficult state without Derby reneging on their financial commitment to us the tax payers. Secondly, I'm sure all football clubs in the country would also like a 66% reduction in their HMRC costs.

Grendel

Did we get all this support when we were on the brink? Why are Direby so special is it cos of high-profile Wazza. Fuck em, let the EFL process go to conclusion like Bury had to.

Christ you are embarrassing

mark82

Did we get all this support when we were on the brink? Why are Direby so special is it cos of high-profile Wazza. Fuck em, let the EFL process go to conclusion like Bury had to.

We were never really on the brink in the same way. And yes, we did get a lot of support from other clubs and their fans.

mark82

Think it’s a bit more than that actually. I know of a Sky Sports producer who seems to think we’re in for him, but I really can’t see it given the wage demands.

Fantastic player, but we're paying nowhere near that level.

Grendel

We were never really on the brink in the same way. And yes, we did get a lot of support from other clubs and their fans.

We had loads of sympathy for being owned by a narcissist hedge fund controller and the EFL really turned a blind eye to our wanders around the country - we were funding wages in Northampton on 2,000 attendances but had a much higher wage bill than generated revenue

Honestly the reaction is embarrassing

Sky Blue Pete

We had loads of sympathy for being owned by a narcissist hedge fund controller and the EFL really turned a blind eye to our wanders around the country - we were funding wages in Northampton on 2,000 attendances but had a much higher wage bill than generated revenue

Honestly the reaction is embarrassing
And yet we still exist

mark82

And even if we aren’t, I’m sure someone else will in this basket case of a division.

Just seen he's out of contract in the summer, which would make it slightly more doable. He's going to get nowhere near what he was on at Derby anywhere else. He will probably get offers higher than what we can give though.

Colin Steins Smile

It's even more ridiculous than that. They missed out on a playoff spot to Derby by a point. It's laughable, but could be enough to make a takeover more difficult.
The complaint by both Middlesborough & Wycombe is being cited as a blockage to any takeover, as the interested parties undertaking due diligence will need clarity on the risk they are taking on.
I heard an interview with the Wycombe's American owner, who is smart and doesn't seem someone who's going to back down.
Derby are definitely in a difficult position and the value of the club in current environment must be decreasing by the day......which ironically could mean someone would take on the risk!
However, it would also mean that creditors are going to receive even less money from the sale.

Northeast sky blue

Id hate to see such a historical club with a large fanbase go out of buisness, hopefully something can be resolved, Steve Gibson the Middlesbrough chairman is causing a stumbling block by the sounds of it with his compensation demands!
I fail to see how Middlesborough can have any sort of claim, ok they missed the play offs by a point to Derby but was that because they lost to them or they're saying Derby's cheating robbed them of a place, surely Derby's results should be null and void and the table recalculated

Colin Steins Smile

I fail to see how Middlesborough can have any sort of claim, ok they missed the play offs by a point to Derby but was that because they lost to them or they're saying Derby's cheating robbed them of a place, surely Derby's results should be null and void and the table recalculated
I think both Middlesborough & Wycombe are seeking compensation for Derby's financial cheating. The only president I can think of, which isn't quite the same is the compensation West Ham paid to Sheffield United over the Tevez affair.

Gynnsthetonic

Gibson saying if Derby had of stuck to the rules then Middlesbrough would of got promoted, he sees it a bit like the Tevez saga when Sheff Utd got compensated millions

Legia Sky Blue

Gibson saying if Derby had of stuck to the rules then Middlesbrough would of got promoted, he sees it a bit like the Tevez saga when Sheff Utd got compensated millions

I struggle a bit with the Middlesbrough claim. They would have still had to beat 3 other teams, all of whom had been better through the season. They were no shoe in to go up. Wycombe perhaps have more of a case, but even then their argument should be more with the EFL than Derby, given it was the EFL who waited until this season to implement Derby's points deductions, when perhaps an element of them should have been dished out last season.

no_loyalty

Think it’s a bit more than that actually. I know of a Sky Sports producer who seems to think we’re in for him, but I really can’t see it given the wage demands.

I was told by a work colleague this morning that we are in for Lawrence, but I can't see it either.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I struggle a bit with the Middlesbrough claim. They would have still had to beat 3 other teams, all of whom had been better through the season. They were no shoe in to go up. Wycombe perhaps have more of a case, but even then their argument should be more with the EFL than Derby, given it was the EFL who waited until this season to implement Derby's points deductions, when perhaps an element of them should have been dished out last season.
Sure I read somewhere that Mel Morris delayed the accounts to avoid the deduction last season, if that’s the case I get Wycombe’s claim. That being said I think both claims are bollocks - Wycombe weren’t good enough over the 46 games, shouldn’t wholly rely on point deductions

SBAndy

Just seen he's out of contract in the summer, which would make it slightly more doable. He's going to get nowhere near what he was on at Derby anywhere else. He will probably get offers higher than what we can give though.

A thought on this one: possibly a loan with us covering a portion of the wages rather than all? Still unrealistic in my mind but that would make more sense as a bit of a ‘2nd half of the season gamble’.

Users who are viewing this thread