Derby County Friendly - 24th July (3 Viewers)

TomRad85

Of course, any player going to derby wouldn't be because a friendly was offered!... But this friendly might be because we did a deal with them for a player. which is the point people are highlighting as a possibility
I really doubt they'd release news of this friendly game getting people all worked up without just saying they've sold Bayliss, what would they have to gain from hiding it? The kids probably on holiday at the moment anyway.

BackRoomRummermill

Not quite sure how some of you are coming to this bizarre conclusion. If Bayliss goes to Derby it sure as hell won't have anything to do with this low key pre season friendly.

There is no connection it’s FAKE NEWS , don’t let the truth get in the way of a story though eh?

It’s actually McNulty they are after

Happy_Martian

I really doubt they'd release news of this friendly game getting people all worked up without just saying they've sold Bayliss, what would they have to gain from hiding it? The kids probably on holiday at the moment anyway.

Can't remember which player it was but in one of the past seasons, Cov certainly sold a load of season tickets on the promise that Player A was staying, then a week after the majority had been sold, they announced they'd sold him. I remember the club having to give refunds to fans who bought shirts with the players name on. Tell us the game is on generates interest and more season tickets. Saying one of our key players (Bayliss, McNulty, Biamou or whoever) is sure going to be a season ticket sales killer.

Or it could just simply be a preseason friendly so Lampard can see his new charges against a reasonable team who played good football at Wembley :)

D

Deleted member 4439

Denial, the first stage of grief. Can't wait for the forum to explode at stage 2.

chiefdave

So Bayliss went on holiday straight after the final and Lampard only got confirmed in the job yesterday but despite this in 3 days during which everyone at the club seems to have been on the piss they have agreed a sale to Derby and a pre-season friendly at Nuneaton is part of the deal!

Samo

Don’t see the connection. Hey can we sign Tom Bayliss and if so we will play you at a non league ground near you.

They aren’t Real Madrid

friendlies linked to transfer deals happen all the time + Lampard was at Wembley on Monday. Yeah could be nothing but surely it occurred to you?

no_loyalty

Oh bollocks, Bayliss sporting hero is Frank Lampard

TomRad85

Can't remember which player it was but in one of the past seasons, Cov certainly sold a load of season tickets on the promise that Player A was staying, then a week after the majority had been sold, they announced they'd sold him. I remember the club having to give refunds to fans who bought shirts with the players name on. Tell us the game is on generates interest and more season tickets. Saying one of our key players (Bayliss, McNulty, Biamou or whoever) is sure going to be a season ticket sales killer.

Or it could just simply be a preseason friendly so Lampard can see his new charges against a reasonable team who played good football at Wembley :)
Oh I absolutely agree they've mugged us off before but I'm choosing to believe they've learned their lesson on that one. (Potentially foolish of me I know.)

Mcbean

I told my neighbour ( he is the Derby supporter who took me to the Sunderland match and Derby got thrashed after i had said at the outset that Keogh was a brill player who made the biggest goof for the first goal ) - i bought him to the Barnet game and he espied Sparky - and has mentioned ever since - i told him a deal had been done for Haynes a sprightly wing with goal scoring possibilities - he has gone to bed happy

letsallsingtogether

Will the ground still be there?
Could always go to the Oval instead

better days

friendlies linked to transfer deals happen all the time + Lampard was at Wembley on Monday. Yeah could be nothing but surely it occurred to you?
The other thing is Rio Ferdinand owns the company that represent Tom Bayliss
Rio and Lampard grew up together at West Ham

covcity4life

Fuck me some dumb cunts on this thread. A friendly could be add on goodwill gesture. Not a huge makeweight in a sale ffs

Or maybe its easier to twist words to act superior

Odd behaviour indeed...

robbiethemole

clarification please, the ever sharp C/T have it as Wednesday 24th July but Weds is 25th! who actually knows if it's Tuesday 24th or Wednesday 25th??

fatso

Fuck me some dumb cunts on this thread. A friendly could be add on goodwill gesture. Not a huge makeweight in a sale ffs

Or maybe its easier to twist words to act superior

Odd behaviour indeed...
Very true, I think Lampard would of been impressed when he watched us at Wembley, and proberbly thought we would make good opponents for a warm up game. Nothing more than that really.

Nick

Administrator

Tenner a ticket, £2 if you want to sit down.

Hopefully be nice weather, not the standard piss it down.

Users who are viewing this thread