Holy crap i've Read some shit on here + Twitter
What the hell is wrong with you guys.
6 games in
We have actually played well
Yes we don't have a goal scorer 'yet '
Yes a few signings haven't exactly inspired
We've had injuries in almost every position

But 6 games in? Ffs have a word with yourselves

Come back at me after 10-15 games and i'll concede to your negative threads ' if ' we haven't improved.

The negative words towards our young players are disgusting.
All i've Read is the players are shit shit and shit, what the Fuck?
I was vocal regarding Wright signing, as it was a waste of a loan and clearly the only option after the supposed Villa rebuff, but apart from that signing, we have some exciting players here.

Give them some time, and tm, this guy have us the Best season since the entertainers year so leave him to it,

The system isn't working yet, he's trying to entertain you, would you prefer the dross that the likes of Bradford dish up week I'm week out for seasons and seasons? Because they don't get promotion with their style do they?

Bruce the Boot

Unfortunately its not an entertainment game! Its a results game ............................

stupot07

We're like a golfer who is great tee-to-green but can't putt to save his life. High fairways hit %, high GIR %, but will rarely win a tournament because he can't putt.

Dominating the ball and have high % possession means ziltch if you can't open up a defence and then can't finish the chances. To add to that we've now started leaking goals, which means we need to score one a game to get a point!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Martin180

We are definetly missing Stokes and possibly Rose centrally too .Im disappointed where we are in the table currently but not worried (yet) by our league position .Maybe if we are still struggling by the end of October then who knows but at this point of the season and 2/3 game winning run quickly changes the mood and confidence of the club and supporters

Skyblueweeman

6 games in

But 6 games in? Ffs have a word with yourselves

Come back at me after 10-15 games and i'll concede to your negative threads ' if ' we haven't improved.

The negative words towards our young players are disgusting.
All i've Read is the players are shit shit and shit, what the Fuck?
I was vocal regarding Wright signing, as it was a waste of a loan and clearly the only option after the supposed Villa rebuff, but apart from that signing, we have some exciting players here.

Give them some time, and tm, this guy have us the Best season since the entertainers year so leave him to it,

The system isn't working yet, he's trying to entertain you, would you prefer the dross that the likes of Bradford dish up week I'm week out for seasons and seasons? Because they don't get promotion with their style do they?

To be fair, I did say on my thread that he needs results in the next couple of games.

But still, we've been shit since November. Even when we had Murphy and Arma. TM has control of the budget...we don't know whether those he's brought in aren't his first choices or not (I'd say that Jones and Turnbull would be amazing 2nd choices though...).

He's brought in players he's thought can do a job and for whatever reason, it's not happening. Yes, SISU take a lot of the blame but TM is accountable as well. Many on here are letting him off because of the owners.

I wonder what would happen if we had the same set of results the past 9 months with TM in charge and say, Delia Smith owning the club. Would fans still want TM then or would they be calling for Delia to give TM the chop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin180

To be fair, I did say on my thread that he needs results in the next couple of games.

But still, we've been shit since November. Even when we had Murphy and Arma. TM has control of the budget...we don't know whether those he's brought in aren't his first choices or not (I'd say that Jones and Turnbull would be amazing 2nd choices though...).

He's brought in players he's thought can do a job and for whatever reason, it's not happening. Yes, SISU take a lot of the blame but TM is accountable as well. Many on here are letting him off because of the owners.

I wonder what would happen if we had the same set of results the past 9 months with TM in charge and say, Delia Smith owning the club. Would fans still want TM then or would they be calling for Delia to give TM the chop?

You can't make a player sign no matter how hard you want them too , Wilson was pretty close to signing but pinched from under our noses .Others like Clarke are just mercenaries and I doubt whether Arma was ever going to play in L1 this season

ccfctommy

6 games in

Lets look at these points -

We have played well - Bradford first half, Swindon first half and maybe Northampton last week thats it.

Yes we don't have a goal scorer 'yet'. - If we don't have one now, then surely were not going to get one til January? Unless we sign a free agent that is just released from a club. We have about six strikers on the books.

Yes a few signings haven't exactly inspired - Sordell springs to mind. However, it's more to do with the players TM and MV have let go. (Vincelot)

And yes, we have been unlucky with injuries....especially Stokes. There is no confidence and this formation is not working. We have let the wrong types go (JOB) and and signed some dross too. I cannot for the life of me see where the next win is coming from.

Martin180

Lets look at these points -

We have played well - Bradford first half, Swindon first half and maybe Northampton last week thats it.

Yes we don't have a goal scorer 'yet'. - If we don't have one now, then surely were not going to get one til January? Unless we sign a free agent that is just released from a club. We have about six strikers on the books.

Yes a few signings haven't exactly inspired - Sordell springs to mind. However, it's more to do with the players TM and MV have let go. (Vincelot)

And yes, we have been unlucky with injuries....especially Stokes. There is no confidence and this formation is not working. We have let the wrong types go (JOB) and and signed some dross too. I cannot for the life of me see where the next win is coming from.
Agreed with a lot of your post until you mentioned JOB , ffs he was possibly the worst midfielder positionally I've ever seen in a sky blue shirt , he ran a round a lot usually in the wrong areas of the pitch , he blamed others usually the younger players for his mistakes and technically was very poor .But hey we all love a player who runs around a lot , perhaps we should've signed Mo Farah

stevefloyd

I wonder what would happen if we had the same set of results the past 9 months with TM in charge and say, Delia Smith owning the club. Would fans still want TM then or would they be calling for Delia to give TM the CHOP

Ha ha seen what you done there

Last edited:

Pipehitterz

Maybe just maybe.

Last year spunked the budget at beginning of the season
Had brilliant first half
Xmas transfers, being as polite as I can were aldi bargain bins

This year, spends it wiser?
We may just end up with the Best team second half of season, rose and Stokes back for Free, possible Willis goes, but we will live with that bar injuries.

That Villa boy, I think he saw his chance to Work and gain first team Villa Football , perhaps if that doesn't happen we will have a second bite at the cherry.

Hopes that our front line will start to click, we've seen potential In Sordell, agyei Jones , and we know Tudgay chips in along with Rúben, if this Wright guy starts producing, we could have a lot of goals in here.

A bad ass defender is the key, we were soft at the back yesterday

Lord_Nampil

Harris made 2 mistakes against Northampton, got away with it.... 2 mistakes against West Ham U23s.... got away with it, 2 mistakes against Fleetwood, punished, Now i dont think this is Harris fault at all he's been excellent this season but yesterday Ricketts should have started he needed that bit of experience in the back 3......

Now If TM doesnt see this then what can we do?

Its been poor since before Christmas (Doncaster at home rings a bell) but he should set us up to be hard to beat but to score goals..... Currently hes not doing that with the players hes got, the 4231 formation is clearly a better formation for the players we have got!

I dont buy this budget being cut because if you take the 5 players who hardly played last year out the 18, we have like for like replacements in terms of bodies......

He needs to open his mind set , as this is really reminding me of Pressleys last half a season!

Hes a good manager no doubt about it, but at the moment he i dunno what to think.....

Esoterica

I've said throughout pre-season that I'm not happy with the prospect of squad building after the season has started and that I think it will cost us any chance of promotion this year. But almost everybody else thought it was ok, wait for September, look at Barnsley etc. So I don't get the sudden panic and anger when we've not won yet, 1 game into September. This team will be fine this year. We'll not get promoted, but next pre-season we should have a much better nucleus of contracted players to add to. Next season is the big one for me, just need TM's contract situation sorting out.

NortonSkyBlue

I've said throughout pre-season that I'm not happy with the prospect of squad building after the season has started and that I think it will cost us any chance of promotion this year. But almost everybody else thought it was ok, wait for September, look at Barnsley etc. So I don't get the sudden panic and anger when we've not won yet, 1 game into September. This team will be fine this year. We'll not get promoted, but next pre-season we should have a much better nucleus of contracted players to add to. Next season is the big one for me, just need TM's contract situation sorting out.
And if your confidence is misplaced? IMHO you are too blaise about our situation. We have shown nothing to suggest that we are going to turn the corner in performances or results.

Warwickhunt

EsotericNorthampton 55304 said:
I looked at the Northampton game today and thought they were a poor team against us at home but today they got the rub of the green and scored a fortunate goal and all of a sudden their confidence grew. TM needs to do more to get that early goal

Paxman II

Rose and stokes are big holes missing in my opinion especially Rose who is an up and down midfielder and will score one or two.
Just occasionally I'd like to see the goalkeeper quickly throw the ball out or even an odd long boot up field instead of this insistence of bring out from the back constantly.
It's league 1 after all, there isn't the finesse under panic when around the penalty box.

As for the WBA lad Wright. He looked impressive and I would work on him all week and start him Saturday and keep Sordell well away from this squad.

4waspsting

We are definetly missing Stokes and possibly Rose centrally too .Im disappointed where we are in the table currently but not worried (yet) by our league position .Maybe if we are still struggling by the end of October then who knows but at this point of the season and 2/3 game winning run quickly changes the mood and confidence of the club and supporters
thats a laugh 3 game run

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I wonder how long this denial will go on for. The team isn't good enough.

When a couple of the injured come back, we'll improve, but mid table is probably realistic at best.

Too many good players have left, and have either not been replaced, or replaced with players that aren't quite as good. Yes, there are doom and gloomers, but the eternal optimists are the ones that need a reality check on this one.

skybluedan

What you having?

Say new mate year old like A45 Amg mate from uk 2 options of colours which still don't know man
Cosmos black with night pack so black alloys or cirrus white with black alloys I wanted the dark green they do but way out me price range like

Gazolba

The other teams in the League are not just going to wait around for us to 'do well', they are accumulating points. Once points are gone, they are lost forever, you can never get them back again. So even if we start playing better, the other teams are not suddenly going to go into a slump. It will be difficult to move up the table even assuming we now get two or three wins.

matesx

Say new mate year old like A45 Amg mate from uk 2 options of colours which still don't know man
Cosmos black with night pack so black alloys or cirrus white with black alloys I wanted the dark green they do but way out me price range like

Eh?

Users who are viewing this thread