Dentist (1 Viewer)

RedSalmon

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Coventry?
Just looking foe a no frills dentist who knows what he or she is doing.

wingy

It's been some year's but the one on the corner of Longfellow rd opposite the forum always seemed to do decent for me NHS as well.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Canley Dental Practice do NHS work and are back up and running - they emailed me the other day to book my appointment that they cancelled last October!

RedSalmon

Thanks for all the reply's, nothing urgent but used to go to one close to where I used to work. Just retired so looking for one nearer to me.

olderskyblue

Thanks for all the reply's, nothing urgent but used to go to one close to where I used to work. Just retired so looking for one nearer to me.
Might help if you said where you are?

wingy

Am living the dream, should have done it a couple of years sooner to be honest. Best thing I have ever done.
Ah have you gone past the deadline .
I am due in around 18 month's but think I may go beyond, partly out of necessity and there is much hay to be made currently,never known a time like it tbf,but I think it would be good for wellbeing to carry on in some form although body is a little jiggered /reluctant.

RedSalmon

Ah have you gone past the deadline .
I am due in around 18 month's but think I may go beyond, partly out of necessity and there is much hay to be made currently,never known a time like it tbf,but I think it would be good for wellbeing to carry on in some form although body is a little jiggered /reluctant.

Was thinking the same way about twelve months before I decided it was time to go. It was a mate who said to me "once you have worked out that you have got enough money to live the rest of your life...............why are you still working"? Took a while for me to get my head around that as you always feel that if there is money there to be earned it's daft not to do so.
Also didn't want to spend any more of the time I have got left working when I could be out enjoying myself (and going to the dentist). Like I said just wish I had done it sooner.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Was thinking the same way about twelve months before I decided it was time to go. It was a mate who said to me "once you have worked out that you have got enough money to live the rest of your life...............why are you still working"? Took a while for me to get my head around that as you always feel that if there is money there to be earned it's daft not to do so.
Also didn't want to spend any more of the time I have got left working when I could be out enjoying myself (and going to the dentist). Like I said just wish I had done it sooner.

Depends on what you do. If you enjoy it and can keep doing it it can keep you physically and mentally active. If you're just doing it for the money then of course, why bother.

Everyone's different. I knew someone who loved their job and carried on doing it into their 80's and was the most active out of all his friends. If he'd stopped earlier I reckon he'd have been half the person he was.

wingy

You were SE, had your own business iirc?

RedSalmon

You were SE, had your own business iirc?

No, was in the NHS, used to love it and was a pleasure to go and do the job, sadly the 'style' of management changed and it was probably that combined with the other aspects that made me start to think differently about things.
Also when I did sit back and look at things it became obvious that, physically, it was becoming a bit of a struggle. Glad I got out when I did and it really working for me, but everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread