Dennis wise odds shortening (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

gone in from 8/1 - 9/2 overnight

wilder gone out from 1/3 - 4/9

Usually once a manger starts drifting, even if from an odds on position, they dont usually get the job

He's only 5ft 4 , He,ll break your F***ing jaw

Otis

Thing is with Wilder, the odds drifted because the Oxford chairman said there had been no approach. The CT however were saying that the club hadn't approached him yet but were going to do so.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
At only 5' 6" he's pretty short already ain't he? :D If he gets any shorter we won't be able to see him!

PVA

As I keep saying in these threads, bookies markets for next managers have so little money traded (compared to normal football markets) that they are extremely volatile.

Ian Holloway was 1/5 on for the Villa job the day before Lambert was appointed.

@richh87

This is the most important managerial appointment of the last 10 years IMO. We desperately need promotion or things will get a lot worse.

Chipfat

I still dont think we are in the market for paying compo for a manager under contract when we have applicants that are available unattached. So Wise, Blackwell, Sheridan, Dyche and Shaw will make the short list and then its down to the contract and who stands out or who you think ticks the most box's.

I still like the idea of Wise or Dyche but Blackwell will put up a strong case with his background in football, not one for the fans but maybe atrractive to owners....

aodea

Well i personally think that its still very hard to tell who will come in. Dont think it will be sorted till next week or week after to be honest. I liked wise but worried about him as a manager, Wilder has done a good job with Oxford so would lean towards him over wise but at this point want it sorted and hopefullythe players will be ready to kick on. 3 points from 4 in this Leauge aint good enough. Minimum requirment is to average 2 points a game and we are a long way off that.

Grendel

I recall a fair few people calling for Eric Black's head way back when.

Funny enough just about to make the same point. Had lots after every defeat calling for his head on the radio.

Otis

Yep.

We could win 4-0, but the next game we didn't play well and lost there would be calls for his head.

Numpties us football supporters at times.

scroobiustom

Cocky Mafia out, wasn't that the chant a few years back - praise be to Dennis Wise

I reallllllllllllllllllly hope he is not the next Cov manager

(feel free to show me this in 3/4 years time and we can see where the club are at!)

torchomatic

Out of the two, I hope it's Wilder.

@richh87

I don't get the whole cockney mafia thing. Wise was only in the background - he wasn't the manager. Just because he was a cockney he got abused.

I'll take the Manager who got Millwall to the FA Cup final thanks.

torchomatic

I think fans are thinking of his repuation rather than his management experience. He's been gardening for the last four years. Wilder for me, he's proved he can do it on a shoestring, his win ratio is decent and he's ready for a step up, I reckon.

Wise has a point to prove and a great relationship with the fans which would be a great place to start. Wise all the way for me. Wilder is a beginner and I can't see him getting the respect of the players.

skyblueman

I think fans are thinking of his repuation rather than his management experience. He's been gardening for the last four years. Wilder for me, he's proved he can do it on a shoestring, his win ratio is decent and he's ready for a step up, I reckon.

Do you think Wilder can get the current lacklustre bunch to actually play? This is actually the problem now - they just not up for it

Wilder given time and ability to bring in his own players - yes I agree is the better option

But for now - shouldn't it be Wise in to motivate/terrorise the current squad?

@richh87

Do you think Wilder can get the current lacklustre bunch to actually play? This is actually the problem now - they just not up for it

Wilder given time and ability to bring in his own players - yes I agree is the better option

But for now - shouldn't it be Wise in to motivate/terrorise the current squad?

Yeah that's my thinking too. At least Wise will command respect and excite the fans. Nobody knows who this Wilder bloke is.

What's more; I don't count his achievements in non-league etc as proof he can cut it.

dick turpin

The New manager in waiting should be somewhere at the Game tonight!!!!
I should think.

Lets play who spots him first,a game for all the family

Otis

The New manager in waiting should be somewhere at the Game tonight!!!!
I should think.

Lets play who spots him first,a game for all the family

If he's in a box ..... or at least standing on a box, it'll be Dennis Wise.

PVA

Wise has a point to prove and a great relationship with the fans which would be a great place to start. Wise all the way for me. Wilder is a beginner and I can't see him getting the respect of the players.

Wilder is a beginner?!!

He has over 500 games as a manager.

Wise has about 200.

torchomatic

As I've said on other threads, I would be happy with either but given the choice then I would go for Wilder. It's silly to say that no one knows who Wilder is. And even if it was true, what difference would that make? There's plenty of managers that have made it, they all started somewhere, believe it or not.

You don't count his recent achievements as anything to get excited about. Remind me of Wise's recent achievements? Saying that, I'm sure he has a nice green, lush lawn and his Clematis are superb apparently.

Yeah that's my thinking too. At least Wise will command respect and excite the fans. Nobody knows who this Wilder bloke is.

What's more; I don't count his achievements in non-league etc as proof he can cut it.

mark82

I know who Wilder is. Speak for your lack of footballing knowledge not everyone's.

And I think his achievements in non league are the most relevant. The BSP is probably the most difficult league in the country to win promotion. Just look at Luton.

Baginton

Oxford fans are mad wanting him out, got them out of the Blue Square ( which as pointed out is a job in itself) currently third in League Two, he's assembled a reasonable squad, plays attacking football, what exactly is there to dislike?

Users who are viewing this thread