Dennis Wise - alternative choice as manager? (1 Viewer)

Hateley's Heed

All the talk this evening of Thorn possibly getting the boot and some of the candidates who could take his place - Gary Johnson, Sean Dyche, Richard Shaw, Greg Abbott etc I am suprised no one has mentioned Wisey?

Alongside Marlon King he probably had the most impact on the team as a player in recent years, would certainly galvanise our divided supporters, never been one for accepting poor standards, has good contacts in the game and did well at Millwall previously.

Not sure what he is doing at the moment but could he be looking for a move back into management? Gamble worth taking or not?

Marty

All the talk this evening of Thorn possibly getting the boot and some of the candidates who could take his place - Gary Johnson, Sean Dyche, Richard Shaw, Greg Abbott etc I am suprised no one has mentioned Wisey?

Alongside Marlon King he probably had the most impact on the team as a player in recent years, would certainly galvanise our divided supporters, never been one for accepting poor standards, has good contacts in the game and did well at Millwall previously.

Not sure what he is doing at the moment but could he be looking for a move back into management? Gamble worth taking or not?

I mentioned him last week. :pimp:

scroobiustom

I'd have to say Paul Tisdale would be my choice. Has worked wonders with Exeter and is a fashionable chap unlike big AT!

stupot07

Wise has not managed since leaving Leeds 4 years ago, he's clearly not interested in being a manager so for that reason I'm out.

diggerdaley

Why always blame Thorn,perhaps if fans farourite Cody Mcdonald did'nt keep missing sitters we could be 4 points better off:thinking about:

stupot07

Why always blame Thorn,perhaps if fans farourite Cody Mcdonald did'nt keep missing sitters we could be 4 points better off:thinking about:

Cody (1-on1), Elliot (free header at back post in 2nd half) and Sheffes should have all scored. They were great chances.

junglej13

The 'sitter' he missed today was all his own work. I have absolutely no problem with him missing such chances. It thought he looked v.sharp today.

stupot07

The 'sitter' he missed today was all his own work. I have absolutely no problem with him missing such chances. It thought he looked v.sharp today.

Yes the sitter was his own work but he still should have burried it. The chances vs Yeovil were his own work too. The fact is you can't keep missing chances like that, whether you have made them yourself or not.

skybluealan

If only, Dennis Wise would be perfect, but SISU want a yes man and they have it in AT he will be Cov manager until SISU leave

skybluedaze

There's nothing to suggest Dennis Wise would be any better than Andy Thorn. I don't think Gary Johnson or Sean Dyche would make much of a difference either. The club needs some energy about the place, so Richard Shaw might be an ideal replacement, should it be neccessary. Although the results haven't been ideal, there are a lot of positives to take from all 3 games. Cov are still undefeated going in to the game against Brum. It could be loads worse. AT's time as manager is on a knife edge. The Crewe game now is a MUST win game. Another draw might be the last straw, and if it happens, a young hungry manager such as Richard Shaw might be the way to go. Just look at Chris Powell at Charlton, Poyet at Brighton, Di Canio at Swindon etc.

CUS Wyken

Wise has not managed since leaving Leeds 4 years ago, he's clearly not interested in being a manager so for that reason I'm out.

Surely been out of work for years will make him hungry for a chance and prove himself. He will certainly get respect of the players unlike Thorn plus wouldn't take any shit or lackluster displays

rswxite

I'd love wise to get the job! Would earn bags of respect and would as already stated would drive hard work and fight into the team!

Sick Boy

There's nothing to suggest Dennis Wise would be any better than Andy Thorn. I don't think Gary Johnson or Sean Dyche would make much of a difference either.

There is quite a lot to suggest that all 3 of them would be a lot better than Andy Thorn.

Gaz

There is quite a lot to suggest that all 3 of them would be a lot better than Andy Thorn.

I agree that Gary Johnson would be better.

But let's start with Dennis Wise, why would he be a better choice than Thorn ?

stupot07

Surely been out of work for years will make him hungry for a chance and prove himself. He will certainly get respect of the players unlike Thorn plus wouldn't take any shit or lackluster displays

Could do or being out of work for so long could have the Kevin Keegan effect....

Sick Boy

Even so, he would still be a major improvement on our current 'manager'. Hasn't he recently said he is keen to return to management.

Those defending Thorn clearly have some sort of hidden agenda, it can no longer be denied.

zuniga

Although the idea of Dennis Wise returning as manager sounds like a good thing, I'm not sure he'd be the best choice. I seem to remember him struggling at Leeds once Poyet left, and hasn't been in management since he left in 2008. I do think he'd be an improvement on Thorn (who wouldn't?), but I'm not sure he's someone who could take us forward long term.

I much prefer the idea of Sean Dyche - he was doing a great job at Watford until their takeover at the end of last season and was immediately removed to bring in Zola. Very harshly treated and got an average Watford side pushing for the playoffs, I seem to recall they were unbeaten for a large part of last season. He isn't someone who failed at his previous job and hasn't been out of the game for a long time like Wise has. I don't think he's high profile enough to get another job at a Championship club, so I think he'd jump at the chance to manage us.

In my opinion we have good players here (credit to Thorn) but are hopefully mismanaged. Rectify the management issue and I think we could make the top 6 easily.

Users who are viewing this thread