Delayed reactions (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Did nobody there see that it was 2-0 and think it was 1-0? We went 2-0 down and suddenly AT put Eastwood on for Deegan and we piled the pressure on. We were chasing everything and had a real urgency.

Why didn't that happen at 1-0?

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I think because it was a bit earlier in the game so we were trying to build up to a goal as it was only 1. After that we obviously needed to go for it. But from watching it on the telly here in Italy today we were never going to score today, 2 half chances all game!

Paxman II

hand on heart I think we lost today because we have a manager unable to respond when needed.

I also thought his tactics were off today but he saw it work against Leeds so went with it adding long balls up to Platt who had a shocker hardly ever winning in the air today. That was a sign to change it then.

Blarr

hand on heart I think we lost today because we have a manager unable to respond when needed.

It certainly played a big part in it. Forest made some changes at half time and we simply did not respond to them, and so that coupled with weak defending cost us those three points.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
before the match i posted that this match would be a good test of AT's management skills, It would test if he could get consistency from his players, it would test if he could react and change games, it would test his motivational skills. I know plenty of folk will say that he hasnt got the raw materials either in quality or quantity but for performance levels to drop so badly in 4 days indicates more than lack of quality players. They should have been buzzing to play today, they should have been stepping on the pitch to see 2663 sky blue supporters and be pumped up by it - this was not great opposition, many Forest fans have posted they are god damn awful. we had an opportunity for real hope and momentum and the players & the manager and his staff were found wanting. Not putting in a consistent level of performance and failure to play for shirt is not because of SISU. Being hard to beat, picking up points away from home is down to the manager, coaches and players - they have won 4 out of the last 5 at home so they should have the ability to pick up points away from home - unacceptable that they dont. You can put some of it down to individual mistakes but not the meagre total of 3 points out of 48 way from home - that suggests the whole set up away from home is wrong!

Covstu

I would agree the setup is wrong but we are languishing atbthe bottom of the league and slot of that is Down to the tools he has to play with. No one thinks thorn is the right manager but we do not have a plan b at the moment. Sisu have switched off on both ends and are not engaging with club or fans at this stage so Thorn is on his own at the moment.

Nick

Administrator
I would agree the setup is wrong but we are languishing atbthe bottom of the league and slot of that is Down to the tools he has to play with. No one thinks thorn is the right manager but we do not have a plan b at the moment. Sisu have switched off on both ends and are not engaging with club or fans at this stage so Thorn is on his own at the moment.

Bollocks. Yes SISU don't help, but why can we more than match other teams until they change their tactics or make changes?

Grendel

Bollocks. Yes SISU don't help, but why can we more than match other teams until they change their tactics or make changes?

It's thorns very own version of the fifth amendment.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
but those tools have won 4 of the last 5 at home .............. the difference between home and away is not down to SISU its the same tools that play in each. A plan B is not down to SISU, that's why they employ a manager. I am almost tempted to say that even with the tools we have we should pick up more points just on law of averages - hell draw more away games !

tempted to say at the moment that tools is the right description too :whistle:

Covstu

I wasn't disagreeing nick however we simply do not have a mid table championship side at present, they are just simply not experienced or good enough to play consistently.

Thorn is shite i don't deny it but this is not 100pc at his door! It's no use to us but the reality of things is that this is not going to change. He should have never been appointed simple as

Colonel Mustard

Thorn is shite i don't deny it but this is not 100pc at his door!

It is 100% at his door. It was 100% at his door the day he took the job. I've seen many poor managers at CCFC but, to their credit, they rarely bitched about ownership or lack of resources. They'd say it was their responsibility.

Now, that responsibility does not mean expecting an arbitrary league position/cup run. It just means making the most out of what he has. The fact that we see such dramatic ups and downs in performance (and results) ought to tell anybody that he isn't grinding as much grist from the mill as he can.

Paxman II

I could have got them to win there today! They would have come out like men possessed second half.
Notable to see the difference on camera between Cotteril and Thorn. One directing and encouraging no matter how much in hope and the other silent, wishing and wondering what to do next.

Grendel

And that says it all. Surely even the most fervent thorn fan has to concede the game is up. Too late anyway but the axe has to swing.

Users who are viewing this thread