Defenders (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Our defenders need to go into challenges more they just keep backing off so the allow the other team space to Shoot/cross so they can scrore they need to put pressure on them dont let them build up momentum

TheRoyalScam

I agree. They need to dive in willy-nilly and leave the rest of the team exposed, giving away dangerous free-kicks and picking up lots of those nice yellow and red cards.:facepalm:

TheRoyalScam

That's far too sensible. The fans always know best. I remember everyone shouting at Sammy Clingan to shoot when he was outside the penalty area - unfortunately he ignored them and had the nerve to pass it out to Keogh on the wing who crossed the ball for us to score. What do these coaches and players know?:confused:

ajsccfc

I like the idea that the defenders are merely not keeping clean sheets every game because they're not doing something obvious and just need telling. The forwards need to shoot on target more whilst keeping the ball out of the goalkeepers' reach, can someone pass that information on?

skybluegod

our attackers need to run at defenders and our defenders need to run at attackers

Last edited:

im-confused

I'd rather see the defenders deal with the problem before it gets in our area and causes more problems. I'd rather concede a free kick than a penalty. But I'm hoping Thorn will get this "backing off" habit out of their systems.

Coventry87

You should make sure Andy Thorn has got your number - can you tell him that if we score one more than the opposition then we will win!!

TheRoyalScam

What happened to Coventry La La La's excellent third post which I replied to:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:.

I think our players should try to pass more to their team-mates rather than giving the ball away with a sloppy pass to the opposition.

Perhaps we could take some advice from the experts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwk38srACrA .

Coventry La La La

Thanks Scam, I was worried about the grammar police.

The point I was trying to make in my post is that are defenders have had years of training and coaching and try to make decisions during the game based on what they've learnt and what instructions they receive from the management/coaching staff. I find it hard to believe what they have learnt and been instructed to do is wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread