Defence + Defensive Midfield (1 Viewer)

Philosorapter

Now that the backbone of defence, with the signing of these two players plus Reda has been put into place: How do you rate this start of a set-up of a Coventry side compared to other clubs in Division One?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Defensively sound now.

Not a lot going forward (as of yet)

I have no idea how it compares as I haven't seen any other squads in this division this summer.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

building from the back, all the improvements mowbray has made to ryton seem to be paying off in the players we are signing and keeping (well looks good for pictures anyway)

Philosorapter

Yes, this is my thinking. a solid bedrock to move on from.

Also make sense starting from the back leaving positions for loan players etc. Great believer if a player has been loaned out to us from a higher division club then we are just not doing ourselves a favour but we are doing that club a favour as well, giving the player match experience if they are an up an coming talent.

For me this is where we need to go, and it looks like we are heading in the right direction. Having a decent loan player playing in defence is a good thing but would rather see quality loan player in attack.

It must cost less for the club as well because their helping with the players development.

Users who are viewing this thread