Deep breath (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

and let's compare and contrast reactions... ;)

I always got taught, judge for yourself if you wanted to call something, not rely on second hand information...

So after doing the hill v Sheff Utd, did the ground tonight. Persuaded a mate to go too. First things first, the fact I only go home at about 11:25 after dropping him off is a fine reason not to go regularly if nothing else! Forget NOPM, it's the sheer impracticalities if he doesn't drive, I can't just bung him on a bus and go home myself if I want company! Also meant no time for anything but a burger in ground for dinner. not a patch on the one I had when Northampton played there, raw onions too...

Anyway, atmosphere... odd. They'd seen sense(?) to cram us into one stand, so actually felt like a crowd in there! Atmosphere reminded me a bit of main stand in Highfield Road-lite. bit strange to look across to two empty stands. good turnout from Orient, good noise from Orient... was tempted to take the diehards on the hill a nice cup of tea each at HT, because it was all very wet and thundery! They get respect for notleaving , I'd have buggered off as soon as the lightening started!

Fisher passed by to the loo at HT. looked taller than I'd expect, somewhat haggard, English decorum stopped me asking him why the hell we were there, as did two bodyguards. Surprised his only contact with people seemed quite positive from what I saw. Also surprised people miss a trick to go in two to a game and ask him a question, given there's a chance for a one-to-one audience, however brief.

Maybe some surrealist questions would do the trick? (Mr Fisher! I have only one question! Where did you get your tie as it's lovely and I'd like one!)

Game - shame they're in the wrong place really! Been a while since I've seen ball on deck, pace, and flair. Seemed to play in patches, Fleck has a first touch beyond the others, he's doing what McAllister would have done for us when he was play-manager had he been able to move. Wilson as pacy as I remember, Webster looks slightly behind the game, he got to things but unnerved me more than the others... including Willis, who looked quite assured given he's a centre back out of position. Not sure we're helping Barton's career bringing him on out of position. Orient got more and more long ball as the game went on.

So... I understand some sentiment in that yes, it is the same team on the pitch and yes, they are playin well so why not support them. 7k tickets at £9 is hardly going to pay their wages after all. But it just felt... wrong to me. Thank God the game itself was good as the experience... wasn't. Not bad as such, but just everything's out of place. They couldn't even be bothered with the Sky Blue banner outside the ground this time, we're strangers in a strange land. I have however now done every home ground they've played in during my lifetime, which was partly the motivation too.

Go back? Probably not. Never say never, but probably not. The sooner the team goes back to a place where more can see it, the better.

Steve.B50

I was on hill again last night and this was the first time I had actually heard the City fans singing from inside Sixfields, not sure if it was due to the noise from the Orient fans but it was good to hear for a change.
That cup of tea would have been appreciated as those rain storms were not very nice, but good view of the lightening lol.

Skybluepiglet

We beat the league leaders NW..an it was only ok??

What if I was to say you are our lucky talisman...you need to be there at all our games ;)

Raw onions is simply a deal breaker ..I agree.

valiant15

I always got taught, judge for yourself if you wanted to call something, not rely on second hand information...

So after doing the hill v Sheff Utd, did the ground tonight. Persuaded a mate to go too. First things first, the fact I only go home at about 11:25 after dropping him off is a fine reason not to go regularly if nothing else! Forget NOPM, it's the sheer impracticalities if he doesn't drive, I can't just bung him on a bus and go home myself if I want company! Also meant no time for anything but a burger in ground for dinner. not a patch on the one I had when Northampton played there, raw onions too...

Anyway, atmosphere... odd. They'd seen sense(?) to cram us into one stand, so actually felt like a crowd in there! Atmosphere reminded me a bit of main stand in Highfield Road-lite. bit strange to look across to two empty stands. good turnout from Orient, good noise from Orient... was tempted to take the diehards on the hill a nice cup of tea each at HT, because it was all very wet and thundery! They get respect for notleaving , I'd have buggered off as soon as the lightening started!

Fisher passed by to the loo at HT. looked taller than I'd expect, somewhat haggard, English decorum stopped me asking him why the hell we were there, as did two bodyguards. Surprised his only contact with people seemed quite positive from what I saw. Also surprised people miss a trick to go in two to a game and ask him a question, given there's a chance for a one-to-one audience, however brief.

Maybe some surrealist questions would do the trick? (Mr Fisher! I have only one question! Where did you get your tie as it's lovely and I'd like one!)

Game - shame they're in the wrong place really! Been a while since I've seen ball on deck, pace, and flair. Seemed to play in patches, Fleck has a first touch beyond the others, he's doing what McAllister would have done for us when he was play-manager had he been able to move. Wilson as pacy as I remember, Webster looks slightly behind the game, he got to things but unnerved me more than the others... including Willis, who looked quite assured given he's a centre back out of position. Not sure we're helping Barton's career bringing him on out of position. Orient got more and more long ball as the game went on.

So... I understand some sentiment in that yes, it is the same team on the pitch and yes, they are playin well so why not support them. 7k tickets at £9 is hardly going to pay their wages after all. But it just felt... wrong to me. Thank God the game itself was good as the experience... wasn't. Not bad as such, but just everything's out of place. They couldn't even be bothered with the Sky Blue banner outside the ground this time, we're strangers in a strange land. I have however now done every home ground they've played in during my lifetime, which was partly the motivation too.

Go back? Probably not. Never say never, but probably not. The sooner the team goes back to a place where more can see it, the better.

So you seen fisher and didn't have the bottle to challenge him?

Weren't you at sixfields a few weeks back?

NorthernWisdom

So you seen fisher and didn't have the bottle to challenge him?

Weren't you at sixfields a few weeks back?

What's served by shouting at him? By the stress lines on his face, he can guess the views of people!

Maybe I should have prepared the odd question beyond I love your hair, who's your barber but then you could equally ask... why isn't there anything organised where a delegate a week is nominated to go into the ground and ask Fisher a burning question or two? Why should it be down to me?

Last game I saw at Sixfields, Cheltenham won 3-2, Bas Savage came on as sub.

Totally understand your reasons for going NW. My son and I went to the Brentford match. The only home game we lost so not a lucky talisman! I think your experience was better!(despite the rain) The atmosphere was surreal. Actually no singing at all!!( apart from the Brentford fans) Listened on the radio last night and heard the City fans!! Cured for the moment but will probably go to another couple of games before the end ot the season- if only to see us win there! Meantime happy with going away- been to all but Shrewsbury and the JPT. Wolves was a proper match like SP said and now looking forward to Walsall

valiant15

What's served by shouting at him? By the stress lines on his face, he can guess the views of people!

Maybe I should have prepared the odd question beyond I love your hair, who's your barber but then you could equally ask... why isn't there anything organised where a delegate a week is nominated to go into the ground and ask Fisher a burning question or two? Why should it be down to me?

Last game I saw at Sixfields, Cheltenham won 3-2, Bas Savage came on as sub.

Because you're more sensible than most on here.

NorthernWisdom

Because you're more sensible than most on here.

:-D

It's easier said than done to rock up to a total stranger and ask him some searching questions anyway, let alone when he has two orange clad goons accompanying him.

He must surely be on commission for success rather than wage, as any job where going to the loo is an ordeal is probably not the job for me!

chiefdave

Fisher passed by to the loo at HT...as did two bodyguards.

I thought people had been taking the piss when they said this, says it all really when the person who's supposed to be in charge has to have bodyguards to go to a game. I'm pretty sure if I needed bodyguards to go to work I'd resign.

valiant15

:-D

It's easier said than done to rock up to a total stranger and ask him some searching questions anyway, let alone when he has two orange clad goons accompanying him.

He must surely be on commission for success rather than wage, as any job where going to the loo is an ordeal is probably not the job for me!

That sums sisu's tenure of this football club up when the ceo has to have minders look after him whilst taking a leak.

Desperate! !

NorthernWisdom

He's got some neck ill give him that.

He has. He did also go over to some fan who called out.

Then we had one of the more surreal sights! Everyone else had just kind of nudged each other, pointed... it's the BoogeyFisher! This chap called him over, Fisher (again to his credit) went, probably expecting a volley of abuse.

Instead this bloke shook him by the hand, smiled, said something along the lines of 'great first half' and that was it!

Not even tried to be Mr. Shakehandsman from Banzai!

I mean... it just seemed such a strange way to react? Sure, it *was* a great first half, but I don't think that was the first thought in *anybody's* minds other than that bloke, if face to face with him!

Must have known him personally, surely?!?

Last edited:

valiant15

Then we had one of the more surreal sights! Everyone else had just kind of nudged each other, pointed... it's the BoogeyFisher! This chap called him over, Fisher (again to his credit) went, probably expecting a volley of abuse.

Instead this bloke shook him by the hand, smiled, said something along the lines of 'great first half' and that was it!

I mean... it just seemed such a strange way to react? Sure, it *was* a great first half, but I don't think that was the first thought in *anybody's* minds other than that bloke, if face to face with him!

Well it certainly wouldn't of been my first reaction!

It looks to me like people are starting to enjoy sixfields. Not a good sign imo.

I feel like its starting to turn into a two tier club if that makes any sense?

skybluetony176

thank you for your incite and thoughts NW

it amazes me that sh1tsu haven't considered fans like yourself when they chose to take the club from its city. I've pitched my tent firmly in the sh1tsu out camp so i don't expect them to take any notice of my opinion but they should yours, as a fan willing to go to sixfields but just finds it too impractical.

take note timmy, you are not just alienating sh1tsu out fans from their club with your decision's. its also alienating fans that don't care for the politics and just want to watch their team. where's your logic?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

probably RFC would be my guess

J

Jack Griffin

Now you know what RFC looks like.

PS Snap! LOL

NorthernWisdom

It looks to me like people are starting to enjoy sixfields. Not a good sign imo.

I honestly don't think they are particularly.

The football's easy to enjoy, but that'd be easy anywhere. I really didn't get the impression people were 'up' for the game beforehand though, if that makes sense? It was all a bit muted, it's a stoic let's just deal with it, as opposed to genuine excitement, anticipation, the buzz you'd get even crossing Gosford Green to Highfield Road.

And yes I'll leave the comment to my mate (who doesn't post here, so avoids much of the shit) that you didn't seem to get the nutters bawling out players you got at the Ricoh/HR, and yes it was generally positive... but then it's easy to be positive when the team's playing well anyway. Frankly you'd get an equally positive reaction in the right city, just with more people being positive about it!

And you'd get that buzz beforehand.

And call me weird, but I like lower league grounds that are a bit ramshackle, a bit run down, not as corporate sterile as the Ricoh, so don't mind Sixfields as a ground. it's just... a very strange experience when you look across at deserted stands, with the wrong colour seats in them!

It's like you're a stranger in a strange land, watching a game as a neutral, appreciating it for the football but being slightly detached from it and, worse, being aware that you're detached from it when you really don't want to be.

Skybluepiglet

It's impractical for all the fans.

But the team playing shit and still being on -2 points at this stage would surely be far worse.

Whilst the team are playing a blinder I cannot and will not turn my back on CCFC.

Will I go to Sixfields ..??? I can never say never..But I simply will not eat raw onions even if we return to the ricoh!

Monners

Or evem better, Shake Hands from Boys in the Blackstuff!

Anyway, fair play to someone to actually go and do this from a "neutral" and open viewpoint. I suspect this probably applies to a significant number of fans, and adds more to any argument regarding bringing our club home. This is the kind of thing that is most likely to resonate with other fans,

I was starting to think about popping along myself out of pure curiosity (and of course would have supported during the game), but living locally to the ground would have made this meaningless.

Glad the burger/dinner experience was poor though, as I have had to put with that with when going in the opposite direction to Cov for about 35 years

Your excursion was appreciated here NW

NorthernWisdom

Glad the burger/dinner experience was poor though, as I have had to put with that with when going in the opposite direction to Cov for about 35 years

When i went to see Northampton there the burger was actually really good.

We're even getting short changed in the burger department!

Woman at the ticket office never batted an eyelid when i asked if there was still space in the ground, either. She's probably bored rigid of cracks like that by now, mind you!

Monners

Woman at the ticket office never batted an eyelid when i asked if there was still space in the ground, either. She's probably bored rigid of cracks like that by now, mind you![/QUOTE]

Hit the chuckle button there friend. Always worth it just for self satisfaction - there may chance that she was a typical Northamptonian though, and may catch on at some stage tomorrow!

J

Jack Griffin

Woman at the ticket office never batted an eyelid when i asked if there was still space in the ground, either. She's probably bored rigid of cracks like that by now, mind you!

LOL, however I think sorting out burger quality is the sort of campaign I'd rather be vexing the clubs fans, not all this shit we're going through!

NorthernWisdom

LOL, however I think sorting out burger quality is the sort of campaign I'd rather be vexing the clubs fans, not all this shit we're going through!

It'd be something we'd all unite behind more easily anyway!

Was glad Monners put 'neutral' in scare quuotes btw, as no matter how hard we try, we all have certain preconceived ideas ;)

I do think sometimes the myths set up don't help though, and going to both helps confirm (to me anyway) some things are myths. The ones that really stick out are that no way on god's earth would you have stood on that hill for a free view last night, and the ground isn't populated by 2,000 happy clappy brainwashed seals, all taking turns to fellate Fisher either!

In reality it's a far bigger spectrum of beliefs then we like to paint here, and IRL people recognise that a lot better, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread