Deegan? (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

So what happened to him i wan to see him have another stint in the first team i know he had an awful game against southampton but thats one game he could fill in for clingan and then you could move gardner into the attacking role of the CM spot.

Thoughts?:thinking about:

ccfcway

not in favour

we have a big enough squad for him not to be needed at the moment, dont need Eastwood either

Otis

You wonder what has happened. thought he was back in training a couple of weeks ago. Therefore you ask yourself why he hasn't appeared on the bench?

He was so awful in the last game he played you have to wonder if there is something off the field going on with him.

Woz01

He told me on twitter he's just not being selected and doesnt know why. Thorn need to ditch this diamond formation and get Deegan in there to win the ball, we lack aggression

CovScott88

I spoke to him on Twitter a couple of days ago. He's fit and ready to play, has been for weeks. Just seems to be out of favour with AT. He's as confused as we are as to why he isn't even getting into the squad's. Unless he's not playing because we owe Bohemians a fee upon his next appearance? Would hardly be surprising now would it?!

coop

How can he be dropped for having a bad game if that was the way AT worked we'd have no one left to choose from as most of then play shit nearly every week.This is another bit of bad management by AT just like the way Eastwood has been allowed to return unfit even after pre season.He is probable the highest payed player at the club,where the feck is he, I would have sacked him ages ago.AT was the scout who brought in the likes of Deegan,Sickpake,Baker and Rod amongst others that are just not strong enough mentally and physically to play in the Championship.So maybe next year in league 1 this lot might be ok.

Otis

We need every player we have got. If Deegan is ostracised that makes him and Freddy and with a squad this small we need all hands to the pumps.

wingy

Well it really is an odd one ain't it especially as AT bigged him so much that he was going to pull up trees to get back in the squad after injury.

coop

Yes we need all hands on deck and we need experience so why is Eastwood not playing.We are paying these over rated and over payed spoilt footballers to play for the club not to sit on there arses.

J

Jack Griffin

If a fee is involved I suppose he wil be presently being touted to other clubs.

stupot07

I keep saying it - he and Mcpake have missed so much football over the last 2 seasons they both need to go out on loan for a month to get match sharp and get some form.

I must say his 45 mins vs Southampton is one of the worst performance i have ever seen from any professional footballer ever. He was truly awful

I think the biggest problem with these lower league/ability players (Deegan etc) is that they have been hyped up so much by CCFC before signing that they believe they are the dogs bollix and should walk straight into the first team !!!

I know it's the second tier of English football but it still is a mighty skilful one and these players are found wanting because of this - so my advice is to these players is get a reality check and accept what your given or vastly improve.

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

what's the latest on d.bell, or is he injured again ?
He has been on the bench in recent weeks but not came on.

@jonnie I agree with you there, the championship still has some great players in it. Most teams have a good number of recognised international player or ex prem players who can't cut the physicality of the prem any more but still have quality. We are taking players from non league/semi pro/league 2 clubs and throwing them in the deep end and needing them to perform straight away. I know this may seem a bit of a joke but also going from playing in front of a couple of hundred fans to 10k+ fans can be intimidating in it self.

wingy

He has been on the bench in recent weeks but not came on.

@jonnie I agree with you there, the championship still has some great players in it. Most teams have a good number of recognised international player or ex prem players who can't cut the physicality of the prem any more but still have quality. We are taking players from non league/semi pro/league 2 clubs and throwing them in the deep end and needing them to perform straight away. I know this may seem a bit of a joke but also going from playing in front of a couple of hundred fans to 10k+ fans can be intimidating in it self.

They'll be in their element next year then CCFC ,dread to think what the numbers are like next year ,and in a huge stadium like that ,there won't be much intimidation, can see certain times when the away following may outstrip the home following.

Wouldn't stun me if Deegs is still not fit; just put on Twitter that he's been to an all you can eat chinese buffet and stuffed himself #ifeelfat! Now i know footballers have lives, but for a lad who we sent to Lilleshall 2 months ago for intensive fitness training to be putting that out there smacks of a lack of discipline....

Delboycov

Can't see why AT would limit his options even further by not even including him in the squad if fit...surely he'd warrant a place on the bench at the very least with us down to the bare bones? Maybe just another example of bad management decisions from him..

sky_blue_up_north

I heard Platt is out of favour as well... interesting, Eastwood, Deegan, Platt who's next

Stevec189

Simply not good enough no positional sense and agaisnt Southampton he was truely awful rather than just the usual awful. I bet you all want McPake back as well!!!

PUSB

harvey098

Thorn cant outcast players just because he doesn't like them as people. If they are unfit then that is his job to motivate them enought to want to get fit. Can't understand the logic of just keeping them out of the squad.

wingy

WE are the equivilent of a pub team ,we have virtually no backroom fitness conditioning stafff at the club no wonder half of them are unfit and running out of steam on 70 mins ,even Keogh was flagging against Wst Ham for the last 15-20

Nick

Administrator
Thorn cant outcast players just because he doesn't like them as people. If they are unfit then that is his job to motivate them enought to want to get fit. Can't understand the logic of just keeping them out of the squad.

If we pay their wages they should play or at least be given the chance to.

ajsccfc

No player should be completely ostracised (or sent to Coventry, hi-yo!), even Eastwood. We're not in a position to be able to do this. I think Eastwood's reaction to his fat club escapades stinks, but if he eventually responds by putting the work in and getting himself in shape, he should be an option. Even if he's all about putting himself in the shop window.

stupot07

The ironic thing is that this would have been Eastwoods season where he'd be first choice week in week out and a chance to have an long run up front, exactly what he's been asking for the last 3 years.

Nonleagueherewecome

No player should be completely ostracised (or sent to Coventry, hi-yo!), even Eastwood. We're not in a position to be able to do this. I think Eastwood's reaction to his fat club escapades stinks, but if he eventually responds by putting the work in and getting himself in shape, he should be an option. Even if he's all about putting himself in the shop window.

Yeah, but he hasn't-that's the reason he still isn't figuring. Just forget about Freddy Eastwood, he's history to us.

As for Deegan-he was great for 1 1/2 games, and since has been abject. He's out of the side on merit, so to speak.

And Platt is hardly being ostracised: he's started, what, 4 of the last 5 games? And that's surely more than anyone wants to ideally be using a player who is best off the bench anyway.

For me, Platt has to be starting every game at the moment.

...and that sums up why we are in the shit....we are 'relying' on a mid-30s journeyman striker with no pace, who attracts the 'get it in the mixer' tactic to get us out of the shit....if/when Jukey leaves, and we have Platt and MacDonald up front, we will be truly fooked.

Users who are viewing this thread