Deegan to be our Roy Keane ? (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

Has that nasty little presence about him and the opposition certainly don't like him around, just needs to curb early bookings although todays was harsh as he had won the ball. Reminds me of an early Roy Keane always around were the ball is annoying everybody. I love tough nuts like him and if we get the right players around him we'll be okay

Give him the captains arm band.

Nonleagueherewecome

He's a bit too much of a Raging Bull in a china shop to be skipper-that's a job Keogh is doing quite brilliantly anyway. But yes, I get the Keane comparison-when he was ripping up the Irish League with Bohemians, he was after all hailed as the next Roy Keane. I'd say he's a bit more attacking than Keane (although he used to get a few goals at Forest), and obviously not as quick or athletic-or quite so tough in the tackle. But he is a gutsy box-to-box midfielder, a bit of a "mad dog" who is a complete bastard to play against. He's always gobbing off in opponents ears, just watch them trot after him to reply, ha ha! He's also the kind of Wise/Savage-type we've missed, someone who you love in your own side but hate in the opposition.

As I've said elsewhere, his defensive positioning is great, but it's his vision, passing (often first time) and movement off the ball that really get me going. Shame that rocket shot didn't go in today-get a full season out of him and I think he could be a double-figures goalscorer from deep. He has been so very badly missed with injuries-if he hadn't kept getting knocks, just how good would he be by now? My favourite CCFC player since Wisey :)

EleanorRigby

AT needs to make the right signing to compliment him. I think young Connor Thomas will improve alongside Deegan too, would be nice to find a championship equivilant of Frank Lampard to play with those two, any ideas ?

rob9872

Bollocks to Lampard I want Messi

wingy

Lampards the type ,Bobbymac who was on here earlier in the season Mentioned Scott dobie who does'nt get many game @ Swansea,Lewis Mcguigan @forrest that would do for me.:)

Every time i have seen deegs play it looks like he is going to be sent of as a player though we need somebody who has a bit of steel, he's not the sort of player you would want a 50/50 with is he?

Pigeon

He encourages everyone else to get stuck in and gives that bite we've been missing. He's been a breath of fresh air the last few games.

Deegs reminds me of other "nasties, in your face, bite your ankles" types that we used to hate when playing against us but would welcome with open arms as players for CCFC.

Classic candidate the one and only Dennis Wise in particular followed by Craig Bellamy, Robbie Savage, Joey Barton etc.

I think Deegan can become one of these love to hate merchants BUT for once we have the upper hand as he belongs to us and is just starting his career and will learn to be more subtle but equally devastating to the opposition !!!

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

He's already made one vital, crunching tackle today :)

J

Jack Griffin

He is the missing ingredient as regards team balance, just hope he can stay uninjured, his last 2 years history is that he says he is ready before he is, comes back and gets injured. Hope he's learned his lesson.

Nonleagueherewecome

First thing I heard 2nd half was "good tackle by Gary Deegan" :)

Users who are viewing this thread