Deegan: Glad to wash my hands of City (1 Viewer)

Covstu

On e other hand, this isn't the first player who hasn't had a positive experience at city, either we are buying players in with attitude or we are not e most supportive club in the world

Grendel

"I fell out with managerS" not just one, but more! Surely there must have been a reason for that, Gary?

He certainly never lived up to his nickname 'pittbull'. More like 'pussy cat' most of the time :)

He's a sabre toothed tiger compared to what has replaced him.

Brighton Sky Blue

On e other hand, this isn't the first player who hasn't had a positive experience at city, either we are buying players in with attitude or we are not e most supportive club in the world

It's inevitable that not every player who leaves is going to have good things to say-Bigi and Keogh were in general positive about us, Deegan and McPake less so.

CovisGod

Never liked him from the first interview he did for the club "I see Coventry as a stepping stone to where I want to be, get myself in the public eye and move on to bigger and better things" I'm sure a lot of players think like that but it hardly wins over the bloody fans does it. I support anyone that puts on a Cov shirt but I certainly didn't lose any sleep when that twat left.

Brighton Sky Blue

Never liked him from the first interview he did for the club "I see Coventry as a stepping stone to where I want to be, get myself in the public eye and move on to bigger and better things" I'm sure a lot of players think like that but it hardly wins over the bloody fans does it. I support anyone that puts on a Cov shirt but I certainly didn't lose any sleep when that twat left.

Probably one of the thickest players we've had since Elliott Ward to be honest. He's actually not looked bad for Hibs but that's more to do with the quality of the opposition than any improvement himself.

Otis

Errrm talk about news spin.

What does he say wrong in that piece?

CovMad has - Deegan: "Glad to wash my hands of City."

What the article says and he actually said is:

"The Irishman, who was packed off to Hibernian, after his place at Coventry became untenable following a tweet he made whilst on holiday in Dubai, told The Herald: "I'm glad to wash my hands of it now and move on."

"Wash my hands of IT" he said! Meaning he is glad to wash his hands of the tweet incident. Nowt at all about washing his hands of Coventry City.

Journalists eh. :facepalm:

TheHellion

The press are the best in the world at Chinese Whispers. They're always looking into every word, trying to see what spin they can put on it.

Otis

So reading inbetween the lines here are you saying that journalists have a problem with the Chinese? :whistle:

Greggs

media spin or not, still a twat :jerkit:

Grendel

Him and Mcpake were mediocre granted. However they were on fairly modest wages and they have been replaced with inferior players (3 in mcpakes case).

Also Otis is right. It was a fairly tame interview he didn't really criticise much at all.

Errrm talk about news spin.

What does he say wrong in that piece?

CovMad has - Deegan: "Glad to wash my hands of City."

What the article says and he actually said is:

"The Irishman, who was packed off to Hibernian, after his place at Coventry became untenable following a tweet he made whilst on holiday in Dubai, told The Herald: "I'm glad to wash my hands of it now and move on."

"Wash my hands of IT" he said! Meaning he is glad to wash his hands of the tweet incident. Nowt at all about washing his hands of Coventry City.

Journalists eh. :facepalm:

I thought that Otis, until I read the final line:

"I feel that I'm at a better club now, if I'm being honest."

If that's not a dig then what is?

Sterling Archer

One of the worst central midfielders we've had in my lifetime. Couldn't even do the basics such as a 5 yard pass. Oh and giving the ball away and fouling their man you've just gave it to doesn't make you a pit bull. A poor mans Michael Doyle and that's saying something!

Grendel

One of the worst central midfielders we've had in my lifetime. Couldn't even do the basics such as a 5 yard pass. Oh and giving the ball away and fouling their man you've just gave it to doesn't make you a pit bull. A poor mans Michael Doyle and that's saying something!

Worse than Barton or Jennings?

Brighton Sky Blue

Worse than Barton or Jennings?

Barton is doing well to still be playing. Jennings shone for Motherwell last season, as Deegan happens to be doing for Hibs this year-this says more about the SPL than it does either player.

Martin180

Was the full piece to say "glad to wash my hands after getting of the treatment table and going to the cashpoint" ?

Could have been a good player but was a serious sicknote , like McPake

Thought they bred them tough north of the border

Users who are viewing this thread