Decisions on players (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

So with today being the last match before the window opens who should we keep and who should we move on:
imo:

keep:
burge
willis
haynes
o'brian
reda
phillips
finch
maddison
G thomas
kelly-Evans x 2
lawton
spence
charles-cook

move on:
thomas- he's not progressed for a long time, I think it's time to go kid.
tudgay-nothing needs to be said
daniels- he's not getting a look in
barton- he's not adding enough to the team and isn't the right player for league one

still unsure:
fleck- on his day he is quality but still hasn't found any form this season,hold off giving him a contract just now.
webster- useful back up centre back, and has been part of a solid back four, but he is getting on.
Pugh- been injured most of the season, give him until end of the season
swanson- started the season well but has faded a bit again give him a bit longer to prove himself

loan players:
keep perm:
madine- sign him up no need for debate
martin- solid doesn't make mistakes, and goes about his job

Extend loans:
nouble-hasn't done enough to earn a contract Loan him till end of the season and see if he can earn one for when he is released
allsop- extend his loan if we can't find a better perm goalie as he has looked solid recently.
Pennington- he's not been bad, but if we can would prefer a more attacking right back, if money can be better used then send him back

send back:
hines-he's done nothing and is a waste of space really.
mcquoid- don't rate him

stupot07

Can we really make decisions on contracted players?

Of the loans the only ones I would keep are Madine and martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluegod

q- is pennington any better than Phillips ?

I feel he is more consistent defensively, but I feel that phillips gives so much more going forward plus he has that pace to recover if things do go badly. If I had to pick it would be phillips

skybluegod

Can we really make decisions on contracted players?

Of the loans the only ones I would keep are Madine and martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I assume the the players pressley said he wanted out after Worcester game will be shipped out in January? And he did say 9 leaving am I right?

stupot07

I assume the the players pressley said he wanted out after Worcester game will be shipped out in January? And he did say 9 leaving am I right?

I assumed he meant 9 including loans, we have a fair few with 6 months left on their contract so they may go, perhaps 1 or 2 youngsters out on loan?

skybluegod

I assumed he meant 9 including loans, we have a fair few with 6 months left on their contract so they may go, perhaps 1 or 2 youngsters out on loan?

yeah I think he did mean to include loans, but I think he expects to keep madine and Martin? And maybe Allsop

Astute

Keep Madine for 1st team. Keep Jackson and the younger players. Replace the rest with players big enough and good enough for Division 3 as hardly any would be missed.

stupot07

yeah I think he did mean to include loans, but I think he expects to keep madine and Martin? And maybe Allsop

I wouldn't be against resigning Allsop, he's improved a lot since his returned. Depends if we can get someone better or not.

ccfcway

I wouldn't be against resigning Allsop, he's improved a lot since his returned. Depends if we can get someone better or not.

Kirkland :)

Gazolba

send back:
mcquoid- don't rate him

He's only our second leading scorer after a player who hardly ever plays. That is SP thinking - get rid of our top scorers.

skybluegod

He's only our second leading scorer after a player who hardly ever plays. That is SP thinking - get rid of our top scorers.

Have you actually seen him play? Or his goals for that matter, at least 3 of them have been complete accidents and lucky bounces. He doesn't add pace and he isn't a target man and he doesn't work particularly hard for he team. Plus he doesn't even want to be here.

Users who are viewing this thread