Decision Making! (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

Yesterday wasn't the first time this season where Decision making has cost us, but was a high point on why we lost yesterday.

The amount of times we decided to pass and not shoot, the amount of times we decide to shoot when the better option is the pass, trying to play offside when clearly it wasn't working. The amount of times Clarke forgot he was right footed! I could go on here as it wasn't just one or 2 players who made the wrong decisions it was most of them!

Now this is a big factor to why we haven't pulled away from the bottom 4 yet! We get this right all over the park and will start to move away form the bottom 4! But with half the team being under the Thorn Legacy the mentality to wipe out the problem won't happen over night!

We have 2 decent away games next, games which are going to be very similar to yesterdays game! make the same decisions as yesterday and we will be looking at a small return of points from the possible 6! Start making the right decisions at the right times in play (i.e. taking the shot if its on, or passing to a better option, reacting to a parry from the goal keeper etc) We will get the amount of points we require from the next 2 games!

We didn't play well yesterday and were bullied into submission at points, but we made a hell of a lot of chances, chances which we should have took and would have if our decision making as better!

See i didn't mention the ref once there even though he was appalling we have other issues we need to address first before we worry about crap officials!

wingy

Interesting re: the highline of the defence ,both goals as a result of a defence splitting ball slid through on the deck ,leaving Woody extremely vulnerable to pace,Weaklink?? Targeted??
Were our defence playing a different Style yesterday,Higher line than normall??

Lord_Nampil

Interesting re: the highline of the defence ,both goals as a result of a defence splitting ball slid through on the deck ,leaving Woody extremely vulnerable to pace,Weaklink?? Targeted??
Were our defence playing a different Style yesterday,Higher line than normall??
Who was Woods manager when he was sold to us!!! Who was there striker at the time he was sold? Kinda answers a few questions why Clarke bullied him yesterday !

Jarvo

Do we still use Prozone? Surely that should highlight the bad decisions made, training sessions used to correct these and identify any weakness in future opposition?

Put this into practice and stick to the plan everyones agreed on, and make the correct substitutions as the game progresses.

Unfortunatly it doesn't swem quite that simple.

wingy

Do we still use Prozone? Surely that should highlight the bad decisions made, training sessions used to correct these and identify any weakness in future opposition?

Put this into practice and stick to the plan everyones agreed on, and make the correct substitutions as the game progresses.

Unfortunatly it doesn't swem quite that simple.

Sold it I believe Jarvo.

Jarvo

I know the company was sold for a profit, I think it was owned by Ranson.

I just wondered if they still used the software as a lot of top teams seem to use it.

It could be used for instance for deciding on Robbins yellow jersey idea of the player with the worse stats rather than a popularity contest.

wingy

I know the company was sold for a profit, I think it was owned by Ranson.

I just wondered if they still used the software as a lot of top teams seem to use it.

It could be used for instance for deciding on Robbins yellow jersey idea of the player with the worse stats rather than a popularity contest.
I seriously doubt we can currently afford it ,it does'nt come cheap or free.:whistle:

Jarvo

I guess including the words "top teams" us and something that "costs money" is a bit fanciful. What was I thinking?:facepalm:

covcity4life

off the ball movement is the biggest factor, baker and fleck had to keep turning around and pass backwards

noone bar mcg wants the ball it seems

bailey and jennings were dire

give barton a second chance i would

Users who are viewing this thread