Decent restaurants in Coventry? (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Bombay Palace?

I went a few years back and it was really nice, but like I say, that was a few years ago.

Used to go there quite a bit ages ago and used to prefer it to the Royal Bengal, (the late bar was a big factor), but really rate the Royal Bengal now.

Marty

Bombay Palace?

I went a few years back and it was really nice, but like I say, that was a few years ago.

That's the one, I popped into the Royal Bengal and it was rammed, they said an hours wait, I was starving so went up to Bombay Palace, it was dead apart from one other person waiting for a takeaway, I should have known it would be dreadful.

D

Deleted member 4439

Earlsdon has that Da Vinci place which i've heard very good things. Haven't been myself.

As above. There's also about 6 'indian' restaurants in the vicinity, the best probably being Akbar's (alway very busy, book in advance for weekends) . There's also Millys for mixed affair - can be a bit hit of miss sometimes but decent enough).

Earlsdon's got some decent pubs as well (including Millys, but try the Royal Oak). And whilst like most busy places at the weekends there can be some rowdiness, it usually peaceful (well, apart from when Fester City fans visit the Open Arms).

Less than 10 mins in a taxi from the city centre/rail station.

Si80

Asiana is very close to the Ricoh and is a very good curry house. It’s a tough shout between that and Royal Bengal as the best imo, although RB just won best curry house in the West Mids.

Street in Earlsdon is great too. As is Da Vinci’s.

Nick

Administrator
Asiana is very close to the Ricoh and is a very good curry house. It’s a tough shout between that and Royal Bengal as the best imo, although RB just won best curry house in the West Mids.

Street in Earlsdon is great too. As is Da Vinci’s.
Is that the one by the petrol station And finbarrs

Sky_Blue_Daz

I tried the Bengal delight a couple of weeks ago and wasn’t impressed

Otis

Work in town so checked out the Botanist menu online.

Fuck me, its dear.
I looked too.it Seemed comparible to the prices at Pierre Bistrot, Zizzi, Wagamama and Los Iguanas.

Maybe I am mistaken though. I looked and was expecting it to be more than it was.

Otis

Work in town so checked out the Botanist menu online.

Fuck me, its dear.

Screenshot_2018-12-05-12-25-22.png

Doesn't seem that bad in the grand scheme of things.

A couple of weeks back I went to Cafe Rouge and it was nearly £12 just for a baguette.

ccfctommy

I think 14 pound for fish and chips is a bit dear. Nearly 12 quid for pie and chips i think. Maybe it's just me.

skyblueinBaku

Just you I fear ;)

I'd agree it's expensive but, so's everywhere these days! Blame inflation and the EU.

Mind you, I'd pay more for a plate...
£12 - £14 seems a bit expensive for a plate.

no_loyalty

I have noticed that there are lots of eateries in Far Gosford Street, any good ones?

Otis

I fancy trying the Caribbean one on the edge of Fargo. There's a Polish one too.

LastGarrison

Leave it to Esmie’s is excellent! Well worth a visit.

I haven’t personally been to Sultan but heard good things. Same with Habibi’s. The Nigerian place provided the catering for an event at the Uni the other week and the feedback was excellent.

Pasha is a bit more spit and sawdust but does a mean large chicken shish, spicy rice and salad and they always throw in a free bowl of soup!

The Ukrainian/Polish place is actually run by a Belarusian but, randomly, was with a Ukrainian girl in Poland last week and was telling her about this place and she said the menu looked good and certainly very traditionally Ukrainian so have promised her I will try it out.

ccfctommy

I fancy trying the Caribbean one on the edge of Fargo. There's a Polish one too.

Thats called Leave It To Esmie. Its brilliant. Theres the Caribbean burger with jerk curry filling. You have to be very hungry to eat it though! The burrittos are nice too.

Thry have a big vegan menu too I believe.

RedSalmon

In Earlsdon Millsys is always decent. Food and atmosphere pretty good.

Also 'Street' is good. Its pan asain with some really interesting well cooked food.

Di Vincis is good but can get a bit pricey.

For Indian always prefer The Royal Bengal.

For a drink afterwards try The Royal Oak or Millsys. Avoid The City Arms!!!

LastGarrison

Oh, never heard of it. Where's that exactly?
If you’re walking out of town it’s just past Sainsbury’s and the little car park on the left.

Think it’s mainly a breakfast/lunch place but it is all freshly cooked vegetarian food and they have live music, harp playing etc. from time to time.

Looks very nice inside.

Otis

If you’re walking out of town it’s just past Sainsbury’s and the little car park on the left.

Think it’s mainly a breakfast/lunch place but it is all freshly cooked vegetarian food and they have live music, harp playing etc. from time to time.

Looks very nice inside.
Right. Cheers. Never ever spotted that. Is it quite new?

Users who are viewing this thread