Decent read, Coventry city blog (1 Viewer)

lynch14

The move we all dreaded seemed to be confirmed on Wednesday night as it was revealed a deal is in place for City to play their home games at Northampton Town’s Sixfields Stadium for the next three years. It’s a move which still requires the Football League’s approval, probably later today (Thursday) but the confidence in them stopping this move is just not there.

So after a absence of a few months, I thought I’d get back to this blog and share my thoughts, but as ever with this club, where the hell to start.

I won’t be going to Northampton. That seems a decent place to begin. I am a Coventry City fan, always will be but I won’t be one that trapses all that way, to watch our home games and in turn seaming the pockets of our owners.

For home game memories I’ll just live off the memories of getting on the number 13 bus and walking through the turnstiles and watching Dion Dublin outjump the best and Darren Huckerby scare the hell out of full backs with untethered pace. I’ll remember Mo Konjic’s kamikaze runs, the 3-2 win over Man Utd; Hadji’s curler around Seaman; Keane’s wonder volley against Arsenal; Froggatt giving birth to ‘you don’t save those’ from Andy Gray against Everton; Jimmy Hill singing from the directors box at the last game at Highfield Road and everything in between.

I am severely dating my support of this club which has been there since the 13th April 1988. My first Highfield experience was in the 1993/4 season, I think. Hooked. Line and sinker.

Saturday’s couldn’t come quick enough, that ‘least we’ll win a few more games next year’ line when Paul Merson relegated us at Villa Park yealded nothing. Now our club is one man’s yes vote away from ruin. That isn’t scaremongering, it is the brutal truth.

I wanted to get my opinion across and I’m struggling to contain anger, disappointment just sheer depression really. Our football club has been taken away callously with total disregard for 130 years of history close to being wiped away. We have all sat and watched the Portsmouth’s, Plymouth’s, Scarborough’s flitter with ruin and in the latter’s call succumb to it. But, honestly despite the warning signs being there for 15+ years, really think it would ever come to this.

We all have one common interest, most people who read this will anyway and that’s this frustrating club we call ours and this may sound like a sickly letter of a ‘lost love’ but it is what it is. Some people will now show it in different ways. Some will either give up entirely and call it a day, some will support no matter what or where the clubs go and there are some, like myself, who will trapse up motorways and the like to do anything to throttle the life out of the current owners and get the club back in the City limits and only stand on terraces as an away fan.

I have completely rambled through this but yep, this is what happens when the rug is pulled completely from under you.

Later today this could all be outdated and the Football League may just pay notice to the outcry that has come from most clubs’ fans tonight, even Mr Jeff Stelling has offered his support to this club, so far being the most high-profile ‘supporter’.
Just does not seem right. Pusb

wingy

Utterly Heartfelt .What an abuse of loyalty and lifelong commitment, playing on fanatical emotion

wingy

There have been a few humbling testimonies like this tonight ,It Is utterly shameless the abuse subjected on supporters such as this .

Users who are viewing this thread